Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Just received my NOA2 in the mail. Thankfully it only took 3 says  after I had my case updated in both websites. As another person mentioned the form says to give it 2-4 for weeks until NVC apparently notifies the petitioner via mail that the petition is on its way to the embassy. I guess I'm back in the impatiantely waiting queue hehe. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jgmk said:

Hi everyone, my fiance and I have just received our NOA2 in the mail, with the notice date 1/12/2019. I am a bit unsure about what happens next, so perhaps someone can give me a bit of guidance!

From what I understand, once the NVC gets our file from the USCIS in a few weeks we will get a case number and the case will also be shipped to the consulate in Vienna (we are applying from Austria). Once there, my fiance will get a packet of instructions to follow. I know the things he needs because its listed on the embassy's website.

However, besides sending the Affadavit of Support (not sure if that's the real name or not) to him, is there anything else I need to do on my end here in the US? I also thought that at some point we would need to send in some sort of binder full of "evidence" of our relationship. I printed some photos and have been collecting copies of our plane/bus/train tickets from the last three years that correspond with the photos to put a date on them, along with passport stamps. But I am not sure when this comes into play, or if I send it to the NVC or he sends it to the consulate or something? Did I just totally make up the fact that we need this?

Also, our I-797 says the NVC processing will take about 2-4 weeks--will they only be using our I-129F application from the USCIS as a reference to accept or deny our request, or must I send more things?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :) 

I've been wondering the same about what extra proof to start gathering for the interview. We will probably take pictures to the interview along with plane tickets and passport entries. But I doubt at the interview phase they require more. For example I sent around 50 pictures on my petitoon simply because we have been together for almost 6 years and we thought it would be the best proof of our relationship along with proof of entries to where we met throughout these years. I plan on doing the same. I always felt doubtful about showing messages and chatlogs simply because it's private information that they should not really be taking into consideration.

Hope my insight on this helps and feel free to recommend other things for the interview process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Jgmk said:

Thanks for your help! Is the evidence necessary, or merely supplementary, for "just in case"? 

Also, do you know if I can scan and send the I-134, or must I send it to him via snail mail?

4 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I've been wondering the same about what extra proof to start gathering for the interview. We will probably take pictures to the interview along with plane tickets and passport entries. But I doubt at the interview phase they require more.

For I-134 I am pretty sure you don't have to physically sent it. I am not planning to. Sign and scan should be fine.

Unfortunately, unless person who will be doing your interviews is lurking this thread, we do not have crystal balls as to what is necessary. :)

Here are my thoughts: For USCIS approval they were looking mostly at hard facts of the case. Have you met within last 2 years? Are you both free to marry? Etc.  That part now is over and done with.

The CO at the embassy now will be interviewing the applicant, and they are looking for something different. They are the ones truly looking if relationship is bona fide. They already know you've met at least once, that what got your 129 approved. Now they are talking to you face to face and want to know if relationship is true. How much and what type of prove they want to see? Nobody knows for sure, it varies too much from embassy to embassy. Some are harder, some are either, but most will agree they are not looking at one single thing but sum total of proof, your answers to questions about your partner, how well you know them and their family, body language, cultural norms etc. Not so much hard facts USCIS was dealing with but more subtle, personal aspects of your case. Keep that in mind and prepare accordingly. Specifically, I don't think CO will care for airplane tickets stubs but they might be more interested in pictures.

Good luck to all of us.

1 hour ago, Jgmk said:

Hi everyone, my fiance and I have just received our NOA2 in the mail, with the notice date 1/12/2019. I am a bit unsure about what happens next, so perhaps someone can give me a bit of guidance! Get the P3 for your embassy https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ymNcwmISyUqudlTCgiNzL6Ao6xD58Viz/view?usp=sharing

From what I understand, once the NVC gets our file from the USCIS in a few weeks we will get a case number and the case will also be shipped to the consulate in Vienna (we are applying from Austria). Once there, my fiance will get a packet of instructions to follow. I know the things he needs because its listed on the embassy's website. Yes that is basically correct. Read the first post from this thread. Most of your questions will be sorted out for you there with phone numbers, timelines, and phone numbers. 

However, besides sending the Affadavit of Support (not sure if that's the real name or not) to him, is there anything else I need to do on my end here in the US? I also thought that at some point we would need to send in some sort of binder full of "evidence" of our relationship. I printed some photos and have been collecting copies of our plane/bus/train tickets from the last three years that correspond with the photos to put a date on them, along with passport stamps. But I am not sure when this comes into play, or if I send it to the NVC or he sends it to the consulate or something? Did I just totally make up the fact that we need this? Each embassy is different in how they process the visa's so it's best to follow the information from the P3 and the embassy website. I have seen couples rush the DS-160 and creating an interview date then come to find out they weren't supposed to and their interview was canceled until such time as they abided by their instructions. So if you are not looking at something official  it would be prudent to ask someone that is processing from your country or belong to the sub-forum. Getting your information from someone who is from Germany, Cuba or Canada is just not going to know your embassy's procedures. Just saying.

Also, our I-797 says the NVC processing will take about 2-4 weeks--will they only be using our I-129F application from the USCIS as a reference to accept or deny our request, or must I send more things? Again, read the information on the embassy web site and the P3 letter from your country that I posted above.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :) 

Also, can you please complete your profile. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

43 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

I've been wondering the same about what extra proof to start gathering for the interview. We will probably take pictures to the interview along with plane tickets and passport entries. But I doubt at the interview phase they require more. For example I sent around 50 pictures on my petitoon simply because we have been together for almost 6 years and we thought it would be the best proof of our relationship along with proof of entries to where we met throughout these years. I plan on doing the same. I always felt doubtful about showing messages and chatlogs simply because it's private information that they should not really be taking into consideration.

Hope my insight on this helps and feel free to recommend other things for the interview process.

We will probably take pictures to the interview along with plane tickets and passport entries. :thumbs: You don't need a lot of evidence at this stage and your embassy is not that difficult like some can be (middle east country's).

They have the GOLD so they get to make the RULES. So if they say jump, you say how high! It's the only way you will get a visa my friend. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

55 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Just received my NOA2 in the mail. Thankfully it only took 3 says  after I had my case updated in both websites. As another person mentioned the form says to give it 2-4 for weeks until NVC apparently notifies the petitioner via mail that the petition is on its way to the embassy. I guess I'm back in the impatiantely waiting queue hehe. 

The first page of this thread has all the steps, who to call, when to call and phone numbers or links so that you can keep moving this along with out hiccups.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Jgmk said:

Thanks for your help! Is the evidence necessary, or merely supplementary, for "just in case"? My fiance is convinced we don't need anything since we submitted a few photos and passport stamps with the initial I-129F application, but I want to be sure! Since it is a rather small country with very few applications we have been able to correspond with the person who will be conducting the interview, and when my fiance asked which materials he'll need, evidence was never mentioned.  See my reply about this above.

Also, do you know if I can scan and send the I-134, or must I send it to him via snail mail? Each embassy is different some require wet signature others a copy will suffice. I recommend that you call the embassy and ask. Once you get the answer can you let me know as I will add it to the P3 information so others won't have to make that call. Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Quick question. I've looked for the answer here and can't find it: Can the beneficiary call the NVC for case # or does it have to be the petitioner who calls?  (Currently still waiting on NOA2, but I want to be prepared!)

Thanks in advance!

Yes the beneficiary can call but must have the information contained in tip #2 on the first page, first post of this thread.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, manofdahour said:

@Greenbaum When is the next batch being shipped to the NVC? My NOA2 is Jan 11th. 

I've been watching the timelines for other folks approved January 1st or later and I've not seen one yet to be received by NVC.

It's strange because there were a number of fiance visas received on Jan10th with NOA2s of around December 27-28th.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The first page of this thread has all the steps, who to call, when to call and phone numbers or links so that you can keep moving this along with out hiccups.

Since I need to submit a question to even have my information updated within NVC, should I just ask them if they can have my profile updated in their system?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey @Greenbaum

Our case number has been assigned on January 9th but we’re tracking it on ceac website and it’s still showing “At NVC”. What do they do after they assigned a case number? Are they still reviewing the case? Making some background checks or something? How long does it normally take for a case status to be “in transit?”

I really am hoping to have my medical done by the end of this month. Hope to hear from you. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi,

This is my first time posting on here, I received my case number yesterday and went on ceac to track it and it says it is at NVC and to follow the six steps to take before scheduling the visa interview. Does this mean the i-134f and the other documents from my fiancee? Or is this something completely different that must be sent to NVC? I thought after I got the case number they send it to the embassy and then we get all the documents for them. thanks 

9 hours ago, manofdahour said:

@Greenbaum When is the next batch being shipped to the NVC? My NOA2 is Jan 11th. 

Next batch for shipping purposes will be next week on T/W then from there after, every other week on T/W unless a holiday falls on that Tues then we believe it will be the Wed after.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just read on here that some people are scanning I 134 papers to their fiance? I though all documents like the letter from the bank/ bank statements, letter from my job and etc had to be original letters? Is that not the case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.