Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not all supporting stuff enclosed with I-134 may be 'original' in the meaning wet signed. The only way my fiance may get a letter from his employer is to generate it on his office PC automatically and print out with pre-scanned signature. HR dept doesn't deal with it. The same refers almost to everything else. 

Edited by HP+IC

In a nutshell this is how it works.

Original documents for the petitioner upon submittal of the I-129f package. Copies for the beneficiary. At the interview it is in reverse, original for the beneficiary and copies for the petitioner UNLESS otherwise specified by the Embassy. So, an employment letter, tax documents etc do not need to be originals. Copies will do fine.

The I-134 only requires a "wet" (original) signature if YOUR embassy requires it. Some do and some don't (it's not uncommon for a CO to issue you a 221(g) for an original if one is required at the interview). I started keeping track when someone is kind enough to report back to what their experience was but many do not. I recommend sending an email to your embassy and ask. It will save you $75 to $100 in shipping charges if they do not require a wet signature.

Be sure to follow what is asked for in the P3 letter from your Embassy. Remember your mileage may vary.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
9 hours ago, vera1992 said:

@Greenbaum do you have all this info for Guyana's embassy? I'm Cuban but our interviews will be in Guyana. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

The pdf link of interview preparation requirements in the doc that Greenbaum provided doesn't seem to be working. Here is a link to that section on the embassy's website: https://gy.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

It doesn't mention legalized birth certificates or police records. I'll email the embassy and ask them directly what they require for Cuban fiance applicants. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It needs no formal "christening" from any government agency. So a copy of the USC birth certificate is fine and an original is not required but always check the requirements for the interview to what is needed. If you abide by those requirements then you will be fine.

BTW who told you that you needed and "Apostille" USC birth certificate? Just curious. :D

My inner paranoid and OCD voice told me. :)

When I called to order it, the company that handles that for the state asked if it needed to be apostilled for immigration purposes. Perhaps in retrospect, they meant me the USC immigrating to another country?  LOL

16 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

The pdf link of interview preparation requirements in the doc that Greenbaum provided doesn't seem to be working. Here is a link to that section on the embassy's website: https://gy.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

It doesn't mention legalized birth certificates or police records. I'll email the embassy and ask them directly what they require for Cuban fiance applicants. 

I just tried it and it worked for me. Maybe someone else will try it and let us know if it is working or not.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I just tried it and it worked for me. Maybe someone else will try it and let us know if it is working or not.

It works in a sense I could open and view it. I think sometimes google doc shared document misbehave for whatever reason when viewed on difference devices. That document though seems to have a bunch of personal identifiable information and a link to embassy site. I didn't see unique instructions but I only gave it very cursory look. 

Link INSIDE the document to "For interview preparation instructions, please visit:
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/GEO - Georgetown.pdf" does not in fact work, but 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/GEO - Georgetown.pdf this one should.

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You'll see some from June, July and soon August ppl. Find the thread for those if you would like because the folks in this thread are coming over from the other threads.

I called tonight and NVC received ours just today. (Timeline already updated.)

NOA2: January 2nd

NVC: January 18th

Thanks!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all! I'm new here and have a question about the Affidavit of Support. According to the US Consulate website in Istanbul, I'll need to provide my most recent's years tax returns. The problem is that I was living out of the country for a good portion of the year and didn't start working until September 2018. I've made more than the poverty guideline but would like to know if that is enough and if it's based on gross or net pay.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Shiran said:

It works in a sense I could open and view it. I think sometimes google doc shared document misbehave for whatever reason when viewed on difference devices. That document though seems to have a bunch of personal identifiable information and a link to embassy site. I didn't see unique instructions but I only gave it very cursory look. 

Link INSIDE the document to "For interview preparation instructions, please visit:
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/GEO - Georgetown.pdf" does not in fact work, but 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/GEO - Georgetown.pdf this one should.

Cool! Thanks!! We are in that weird situation where it's a Cuban fiance having to go through a 3rd country neither of us knows much about. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got approved today! It says 2-4 weeks days to wait for the nvc. And if not yet received within 30 days we should send email to NVCINQUIRY. Does it work? Or its better to call them? if so, what number should we call in case? 

Does my petitioner need update his email and my email after we approved? Or it is not reallt necessary? If yes, how? 

what is my next step as a beneficiary do i need to do something or ready something while waiting for the NVC? Im from the philippines. 

Thanks for your help.

Edited by kittyanne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

We just got approved today! It says 2-4 weeks days to wait for the nvc. And if not yet received within 30 days we should send email to NVCINQUIRY. Does it work? Or its better to call them? if so, what number should we call in case? 

Does my petitioner need update his email and my email after we approved? Or it is not reallt necessary? If yes, how? 

what is my next step as a beneficiary do i need to do something or ready something while waiting for the NVC? Im from the philippines. 

Thanks for your help.

Congrats

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Thanks for the heads up on the personal information. I wasn't aware that there was any. I have not redacted the document so none appear.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

54 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

We just got approved today! It says 2-4 weeks days to wait for the NVC. And if not yet received within 30 days we should send email to NVCINQUIRY. Does it work? Or its better to call them? if so, what number should we call in case? 

Does my petitioner need update his email and my email after we approved? Or it is not really necessary? If yes, how? It's not required most do so they can receive an email instead of waiting for the hardcopy. Hardcopy sent regardless. If you would like to update your email if you go to the first page of this thread you will find the information. Hint: There many other items that you might want to consider.

what is my next step as a beneficiary do I need to do something or ready something while waiting for the NVC? I'm from the Philippines. Next steps after receiving your MNL# are below.

Thanks for your help.

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank's website

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Manila US Embassy states that a scanned copy of the signed I-134 is fine, if you don't have the original.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Jezukel said:

Hello all! I'm new here and have a question about the Affidavit of Support. According to the US Consulate website in Istanbul, I'll need to provide my most recent years tax returns. The problem is that I was living out of the country for a good portion of the year and didn't start working until September 2018. I've made more than the poverty guideline but would like to know if that is enough and if it's based on gross or net pay.

You will need to complete the I-134 for your interview plus submit the "evidence of support" documents. Line 6 on your 1040 is the number they use for comparison. Here is the website for the poverty level guideline https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript Use this link to determine the income levels needed https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.