Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Janique pine said:

Anyone has answer for this ? 

The answer is probably consulate/embassy specific. At most, after 'issued' they hand your passport (now with visa in it) off to a delivery company to ship back to you along with the sealed envelope.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, DaveAndAnastasia said:

The answer is probably consulate/embassy specific. At most, after 'issued' they hand your passport (now with visa in it) off to a delivery company to ship back to you along with the sealed envelope.

I choose pick up not delivery 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone, last check on Affidavit of support. We have everything 1040,w2,paystubs, job letter, bank statements and forms. Our co sponsor already gave us the copies and originals of all this proof but the only thing missing are the IRS Transcripts. If I send my packet to the Embassy with all the proof I already mentioned without the IRS Transcripts, Is it going to be an Issue?, I will have them for the interview, but not for packet 3. Just cheking out if this could be a problem. 

TIA!

Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, Greenbaum said:

Just about everyone goes through the AP process.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps to complete the processing of your visa:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

What about for pick up my visa said issued yesterday .. when should I be able to pick it up at the dhl ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, Greenbaum said:

Just about everyone goes through the AP process.  Based on the discussions I had with the case officer he informed me of the steps to complete the processing of your visa:

the first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

the first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

the second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

the second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Then "issue" is posted and the visa has left the BIG house to YOUR house.

Once you get that second ready, it should be sent out within a few days, although we received our visa before any of the various websites that allow you to look up the status said that it had been sent out.

This is super helpful! I didn’t realise there were two APs and two Readys before they issue it! Thanks for explaining. I’m wondering if I’m in that first ready. IV status still says ready but last updated yesterday (interview date). But the information is the same ‘your case is ready for your interview to be scheduled’ 

Anyway, I’m going to try not get too bogged down by it but now I won’t panic if I see it switch from AP to ready and back again  🤣🤣🤣

event.png

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Liflead said:

What kinda trouble?

I enter all the required info but the status is never shown. My fiance had his interview last Friday and was approved. Since then I have only be able to see the status once but the last few days it won't show any status (it doesn't pop up like before).

Edited by NicholeT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NicholeT said:

I enter all the required info but the status is never shown. My fiance had his interview last Friday and was approved. Since then I haven't been able to see any status updates.

Does it give an error msg when u enter the details and click submit?

Have you tried a different browser?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.