Renaud1992

I opened the scealed letter, what is the list of the documents inside

70 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

On november 19th 2018 I will take the plane to go to the US. Unfortunally, today I realized that my dad accidently opened the scealed enveloppe they delivered me 2 weeks ago. My dad also mixed some of those documents with other that I had. So I called the Ambassy ASAP, and tomorow, I have an appointment at the Ambassy to get my files resealed in an enveloppe. The thing is that I am not sure what goes inside that letter and what does not. So is there a list with all the things that contains this scealed enveloppe or a way for me to find out what document have to go in the enveloppe ? And is it bad if I put extra documents in it ? I asked the woman on the phone but she said they were just gonna hand me an enveloppe and put a note on my file case that says that it got opened.

So is there a list with what contains the sealed enveloppe they send with the passport ?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

the embassy will know /if they wanted u to know the envelope would not be sealed

they probably already are doing a new envelope and all u do is pick it up as the lady said "they were just gonna hand me an envelope"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Renaud1992 said:

Hi everyone,

On november 19th 2018 I will take the plane to go to the US. Unfortunally, today I realized that my dad accidently opened the scealed enveloppe they delivered me 2 weeks ago. My dad also mixed some of those documents with other that I had. So I called the Ambassy ASAP, and tomorow, I have an appointment at the Ambassy to get my files resealed in an enveloppe. The thing is that I am not sure what goes inside that letter and what does not. So is there a list with all the things that contains this scealed enveloppe or a way for me to find out what document have to go in the enveloppe ? And is it bad if I put extra documents in it ? I asked the woman on the phone but she said they were just gonna hand me an enveloppe and put a note on my file case that says that it got opened.

So is there a list with what contains the sealed enveloppe they send with the passport ?

Thanks

I doubt anyone has taken the time to do an inventory because it is NOT to be opened 

YMMV

1 minute ago, kris&me said:

the embassy will know /if they wanted u to know the envelope would not be sealed

they probably already are doing a new envelope and all u do is pick it up as the lady said "they were just gonna hand me an envelope"

No she said, we are gonna give you an enveloppe. You are gonna put your documents in it. We will add a little note on your profile that says it got opened. And then she said "if they don't let you get in the country at the boder, it is your problem". So... I mean there gotta be a list no ? People who opened it never posted a message saying what it contains ???

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I doubt anyone has taken the time to do an inventory because it is NOT to be opened 

I am sure hundreds of people opened it... 

A 5 year old may accidentally open a sealed envelope, but an adult wouldn't do that.

I think he's trying to sabotage your chances.

3 minutes ago, K & R said:

Hundreds of people haven’t opened it because there’s a big note on the side of the envelope that says not to.... you’ve unfortunately made you bed. You’re not going to get any answers on what’s in it because it’s not to be opened. And it’s not to be opened for a reason. Also what is your dad doing opening YOUR mail? Sounds like you have a lot of problems. Good luck. 

How do you know I have no chance ? You really think it is all over just because it is opened ? It makes no sense... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all envelopes come with a note on the outside to not open them

you are not to see what is inside as it has instructions for immigration

if CR1 there may be an order to apply for your SS card if u checked the right box 

the orders pertain to your individual case and are for immigration

Don't open the new one

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, K & R said:

Hundreds of people haven’t opened it because there’s a big note on the side of the envelope that says not to.... you’ve unfortunately made you bed. You’re not going to get any answers on what’s in it because it’s not to be opened. And it’s not to be opened for a reason. Also what is your dad doing opening YOUR mail? Sounds like you have a lot of problems. Good luck. 

they didn't say u have no chance

just saying now u have more work to do and it must be done fast as your plane leaves on the 19th

what happened just makes all this harder for u

14 minutes ago, Renaud1992 said:

How do you know I have no chance ? You really think it is all over just because it is opened ? It makes no sense... 

I would not say that you immigration journey is over because of this. But you should understand that there are reasons why these things are secured. They have vital information about you and for officers in the US who will accept you entering in this country. If you are from a high fraud country, opening this package could raise suspicion.

Honestly, you father should have respected your privacy and not open your package. As of now, he is the only person outside of immigration that knows how things were organized in the package. You should discuss it with him. Outside of that, there is not much you can do except contact the Embassy to have it resealed.

Btw, if send the package back to be resealed and there are important documents that are missing, be prepared for your immigration being delayed until the embassy gets replacements.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

13 minutes ago, Renaud1992 said:

I never said you had no chance. I said no one is going to tell you what’s in it because it’s not meant to be said or known. I agree with the other poster above if your dad is going through your mail and opening it and taking documents out and moving them around you’ve got bigger problems. You’re just gonna have to bring what you can to the consulate. But I’d be concerned that your dad is trying to sabatage you. He’s a grown man. I’m sure he can read the big note that says not to open the envelope. At this point all you can do is take what you can to the embassy and hope for the best. You’re in a pretty big mess.

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Got to agree you CANNOT MISS the large lettering that tells you not to open it ..

For that reasons "Hundreds of people" do not open it because they worked so hard to get through the process they learned to follow the directions.

Someone needs to have a talk with daddy to not only open it but to shuffle it around and mix up the paperwork thats an issue

and the consulate is just gonna let you stuff the envelope yourself? 

They will know at the POE as I am sure they see many packets and one all out of place is going to be a HUGE red flag. 

Its sealed to prevent tampering it's now tampered with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Accidentally opening something usually means he just unsealed it & ends in suddenly putting the envelope down realizing it’s not for you.

Your dad opened it AND shuffled the papers around?? Besides the simple instructions saying “Do not open”, unless you both have the exact same name, he was definitely looking for something even though he clearly knew nothing in there was for him. 

He should be the one to tell you what order your documents was in since he obviously knew what he was doing when shuffling your papers around and adding more documents. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.