JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, TogoAfrica said:

I’m not sure if I’m speaking about the same thing but 2 weeks after my fiancé arrived in America and before we married we went to the SS office to get him signed up for a number. After 5 weeks of waiting November 24 we finally got his SS card in the mail with the words written valid for work only with DHS authorization. I’m assuming that is the work permit we just filled out with our AOS and based on visa journey looks like around April we may get an answer. I will look into EAD...I just figured we were in for the wait like everyone else but it is true he been offered a job and we thought he could do it but after looking into the meaning of valid to work with only DHS authorization and everything on internet says you can’t work as a K1 visa an de the fact everyone else here on vj is in same boat, we had to inform the employer he can’t work until we get the authorization. Am I correct that is the work permit we did with our AOS forms? I’m not sure exactly where you are in the timeline of things and what your message means. Am I missing something also 🤪

yes you filed for EAD with your AOS. you have to wait about 4-5 months. but if you got a job offer, you can expedite it, I am sure there is a thread for that on this site.  as far as the site i posted, that is SAVE case check website, where you check about your i-94 and SSN, nothing to do with EAD. For EAD you have to check the USCIS website like you did with K1 visa 

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, TogoAfrica said:

Did you have any problems creating an account with the USCIS? I could never do it when going through the 129f process and just tried again to set up an account and nothing seems to happen/can’t set one up. I can still check my case stutus but would like to set up an account. 

just curious, what is the website telling you when you are trying to set up an account? is it saying you already have an account or something else? either way that website is useless(at least for me, it still says case received for i-129f)😆

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
18 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

just curious, what is the website telling you when you are trying to set up an account? is it saying you already have an account or something else? either way that website is useless(at least for me, it still says case received for i-129f)😆

When we try to sign up and answer all the questions and create a user ID...we then get to the end and click finished button, but instead of creating a account it brings us to a blank page. We then go through the same process again, creating a account and getting to the end and nothing. Did this for 129f process and doing it again for this process. I just gave up and didn’t create an account, but we can still check case status by typing receipt number in. 

This pocture shows you what happens....nothing 🤪

2FA99EC8-F2D1-434B-BF70-A923DB636DBD.jpeg

Edited by TogoAfrica

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hey everybody 🙂

today I logged in into my email and I realized that the emails that USCIS sent me about my case (NOA) disappeared.

they were in my junk email tab and I read them all.

could somebody check if you still have the emails or they all gets deleted cz I'm afraid that maybe I deleted them by mistake or another reason...

32 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

hey everybody 🙂

today I logged in into my email and I realized that the emails that USCIS sent me about my case (NOA) disappeared.

they were in my junk email tab and I read them all.

could somebody check if you still have the emails or they all gets deleted cz I'm afraid that maybe I deleted them by mistake or another reason...

You have your NOA1 hardcopies though, right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You have your NOA1 hardcopies though, right?

yep. I think that the junk inbox deletes itself after some days so I will to rely on hardcopies

32 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

yep. I think that the junk inbox deletes itself after some days so I will to rely on hardcopies

Yes. Those are what matter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Did you all receive the paper hardcopy NOA before receiving the fingerprint letter? We received all 3 NOAs this past Friday but no fingerprint appointment. I'm assuming they are separate?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Did you all receive the paper hardcopy NOA before receiving the fingerprint letter? We received all 3 NOAs this past Friday but no fingerprint appointment. I'm assuming they are separate?

hey girl... you will get a separate letter.  Glad to see everything worked out for you :)  We are heading to Spain for the  holidays.  

1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

Actually, we had the biometrics appointment through before the hardcopy NOA1s! Still no sign of the hardcopies, so I'll have to contact USCIS on the 9th when they're supposed to have arrived by :(

we've had issues with mail though because it's a new apartment and for whatever reason the leasing office decided not to put my husband's last name on the mailbox, only our roommate's, so it's likely that they got returned to USCIS

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.