JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

Thank you!! Actually, right after you commented I saw the charge go through on my credit card! Did you see your payment go through before you received the messages?

The payment was cashed the day after I got the text messages, but I guess It can be a little different for each case. The payment cashed is a good sign already ;)

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, or direct me to the correct forum! 

While my fiance got his medical examination done in his foreign country, he did not get his vaccines. 

Now, that we want to file the Adjustment of Status, I know we need to complete that portion before filing. I am now getting places that are telling me they cannot fill out the I-1693 form if they do not do the examination., but WE ONLY NEED THE VACCINES. I am completely confused. 

4 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, or direct me to the correct forum! 

While my fiance got his medical examination done in his foreign country, he did not get his vaccines. 

Now, that we want to file the Adjustment of Status, I know we need to complete that portion before filing. I am now getting places that are telling me they cannot fill out the I-1693 form if they do not do the examination., but WE ONLY NEED THE VACCINES. I am completely confused. 

You are correct in the fact that you only need the vaccines and them to be transcribed to a i693 by a US Civil Surgeon. 

The problem is that there are no rules or laws that state that a US CS has to only transcribe your vaccination record. They can charge you what they want and force you to redo all medical tests and exams. Ie They know you NEED the I693 for immigration and they know you will be forced to do anything to get it.

The only thing you can do now is shop around the approved CS list (https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor) and try to find a doctor who isnt out to rob you blind.

I trust you see now why all of those posts stated to complete your vaccination requirement in your foreign country before arriving on your K1.

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You are correct in the fact that you only need the vaccines and them to be transcribed to a i693 by a US Civil Surgeon. 

The problem is that there are no rules or laws that state that a US CS has to only transcribe your vaccination record. They can charge you what they want and force you to redo all medical tests and exams. Ie They know you NEED the I693 for immigration and they know you will be forced to do anything to get it.

The only thing you can do now is shop around the approved CS list (https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor) and try to find a doctor who isnt out to rob you blind.

I trust you see now why all of those posts stated to complete your vaccination requirement in your foreign country before arriving on your K1.

Good luck!

Thank you so much. I strongly urged my fiance to get the vaccines that same day, but he was convinced by the nurses there, that he didn't need them and insisted it would be "easier" to get it done in the US, which he believed, and since they couldn't take phones inside, he didn't notify me until the visit was completely over. You can imagine how upset i was. 

I knew this would create drama. Thank you so much for responding so quick. 

2 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Thank you so much. I strongly urged my fiance to get the vaccines that same day, but he was convinced by the nurses there, that he didn't need them and insisted it would be "easier" to get it done in the US, which he believed, and since they couldn't take phones inside, he didn't notify me until the visit was completely over. You can imagine how upset i was. 

I knew this would create drama. Thank you so much for responding so quick. 

Guess we know who should be trying to find a US CS who will only transcribe the VR then and if not, who should be paying the up to $1000 for a whole new medical...(ie not you).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Did my biometrics today and it went fast again. They took only fingerprints from my right hand (code 5 on the appointment notice), but I guess because I already had a biometric appointment, before my first application rejection, I was already in the system and they didn't need to redo all the fingers. Now just gonna wait for the status to update hopefully!

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, so just getting everything together to send off for AOS

A few issues, On the I-864 form; the household size form won't auto-populate with our info. also We cannot input the employment information the boxes won't let me type in. Any help with this?

Ive tried filling it online and on PDF app

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jack & Samantha said:

A few issues, On the I-864 form; the household size form won't auto-populate with our info. also We cannot input the employment information the boxes won't let me type in. Any help with this?

is it just you and your spouse? so it shoul say 2 in Household size. what did you put in all boxes?  this is how mine looks.

image.png.1093c029a4c7af36aeef03fee672e552.png

for employment make sure you check the box above it.

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

1 minute ago, Jack & Samantha said:

A few issues, On the I-864 form; the household size form won't auto-populate Do you mean it wont add up right or not at all? also We cannot input the employment information the boxes won't let me type in. Any help with this?

I didnt use Adobe because its #######. I downloaded a third party filler.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jack & Samantha said:

I had that happen with a few of the fields, I ended up just typing what I could and then entering the remaining values with black pen, as that is acceptable as well. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lebanese23 said:

is it just you and your spouse? so it shoul say 2 in Household size. what did you put in all boxes?  this is how mine looks.

image.png.1093c029a4c7af36aeef03fee672e552.png

for employment make sure you check the box above it.

It has no value in box 1. and it won't let me input it either.

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I didnt use Adobe because its #######. I downloaded a third party filler.

What program did you use?

I did everything from my phone so it's not an app for PC. I'm sure you could find one.

Or you could just handwrite it in with black ink. Some of my pages were like that. All my applications were accepted that way.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

It has no value in box 1. and it won't let me input it either.

that means you forgot to fill Part 3 Question 29. make sure there is a number there. usually 1 if your sponsoring your spouse only.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
Just now, Lebanese23 said:

that means you forgot to fill Part 3 Question 29. make sure there is a number there. usually 1 if your sponsoring your spouse only.

Nope filled that in also. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.