JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, S_And_J said:

People that have received biometrics letters, that have also filed for AOS+EAD+AP: Can you tell me what the 'Case Type' box in the top left of the page says?

I485 - I765

(Just like it's supposed to)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
7 hours ago, jakejon said:

That leads me to ask if anyone is from Las Vegas? :) 

I’m from Las Vegas. PD March 2018... still waiting for AOS interview. My husband got his work permit in August but before that we receive a letter that case is ready to be scheduled for an interview in June... we’ve been waiting patiently (trying to anyway) but so far no word! Las Vegas Office is SUPER SLOW!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline
13 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Hi all! We received notifications for our applications on 11/30. Still waiting for the biometrics letter. I'm a little concerned as the holidays are coming up, and we will be visiting family out of state from 12/21 - 12/27. What happens if we receive a biometrics letter and end up missing the appointment due to travel conflicts?? 

I read somewhere that you may be able to do the biometrics at most processing centers in any state no matter the information on your appointment letter.  I suggest you try walking in to the nearest processing center in the state you're visiting.  Wouldn't hurt to try, if you have the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
17 hours ago, Andynov6 said:

You drove 4hrs for biometric? Is that address they told u to go or u went to different one .my field office is memphis and i had biometric here itself..

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

use this link enter zipcode and it will tell u whats ur field office 

I went to the right address. The problem is I live in the middle of nowhere. If Knoxville had an office I could probably have gone there but unfortunately my zip code belongs to the Nashville office. So I assume I have to go there for the AOS interview too? I looked that up yesterday and it told me Nasville as well -.- Better get ready for another 4 hour drive.

I was wrong about driving past Memphis though. I saw the signs going towards Nashville but must not have looked at the miles xD

Edited by EllenE1230

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, EllenE1230 said:

I went to the right address. The problem is I live in the middle of nowhere. If Knoxville had an office I could probably have gone there but unfortunately my zip code belongs to the Nashville office. So I assume I have to go there for the AOS interview too? I looked that up yesterday and it told me Nasville as well -.- Better get ready for another 4 hour drive.

I was wrong about driving past Memphis though. I saw the signs going towards Nashville but must not have looked at the miles xD

Oh okay im sry u had to drive that far .yes thats rite Nashville is ur  field office u have to go there for ur interview..check there processing times they are kinda slow compared to Memphis 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andynov6 said:

Oh okay im sry u had to drive that far .yes thats rite Nashville is ur  field office u have to go there for ur interview..check there processing times they are kinda slow compared to Memphis 

The biggest issue is that my husband has to drive me so he has to take off work and has used all of his holidays. But we manage ^-^ 

Sucks that the processing time is slow though. But we were 2 hours early for our biometrics (we didnt realize we had to drive into a different timezone before we left) and there were only one other person there so we were in and out in less than 15 min (probably less than 10 honestly). Gotta say though, during my biometrics i met the nicest employee I've ever met. For anyone going to Nashville for their biometrics: I really hope you meet that guy. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, EllenE1230 said:

The biggest issue is that my husband has to drive me so he has to take off work and has used all of his holidays. But we manage ^-^ 

Sucks that the processing time is slow though. But we were 2 hours early for our biometrics (we didnt realize we had to drive into a different timezone before we left) and there were only one other person there so we were in and out in less than 15 min (probably less than 10 honestly). Gotta say though, during my biometrics i met the nicest employee I've ever met. For anyone going to Nashville for their biometrics: I really hope you meet that guy. 

Okay i see thats a long drive..hopefully u just need to do it only one more time for interview thats gonna be almost yr from now..i advise u to arrive day early stay in hotel close by to office u dont want to be late or miss that appointment 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Walked in at around 8:20 for my biometrics and surprisingly it was a bit crowded. Waited for 30 minutes before I did my photo and fingerprint. Had my appointment scheduled for 2pm and they barely looked at the date and time, very smooth process. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Andynov6 said:

Okay i see thats a long drive..hopefully u just need to do it only one more time for interview thats gonna be almost yr from now..i advise u to arrive day early stay in hotel close by to office u dont want to be late or miss that appointment 

I might do that depending on when the appointment is. This time we were lucky enough for it to be at 1pm so we had the time to drive up there in the morning. But any earlier and we probably should stay the night. Nice tip, thank you :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, EllenE1230 said:

I might do that depending on when the appointment is. This time we were lucky enough for it to be at 1pm so we had the time to drive up there in the morning. But any earlier and we probably should stay the night. Nice tip, thank you :)

Np best of  luck keep us  updated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 4:46 AM, Soul Mate said:

I’m so happy to hear! 👍🏼 I’m the beneficiary and my husband is the USC. I actually was able take my chances and go get my biometrics done today. Just walked in at 11:15am and not one single person was there. I went by myself. I also went to a different location then stated in the letter. As soon as I walked in I was asked if I had an appointment and I answered no and she smiled and said okay and handed me paper work to fill out. I was in and out 10 mins. 

hi there!!! which office were you supposed to go to? and which one did you go to? I wanna try doing what you did. my biometrics appointment is set on dec 27, but i wanted to do it earlier because i'll have to be in georgia and missouri for the holidays to spend it with my husband's family.  what documents or things did you need? i'm from imperial california and the nearest ones aside from mine are in san diego and chula vista. i'll actually be in san diego on wednesday so i asked just in case. thanks so much soul mate!

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

EAD:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

AP:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, JMCKNG said:

That is great to hear thank you for sharing! My husband, the beneficiary may take his chances and go there prior! His appointment is next week anyways so I guess I'll see what he wants to do, it's a decent 45 minutes away. I was going to take off of work but if it's not needed and he can go by himself that's great! 

let me know how it goes for you... i want to go to my biometrics appointment prior to my date as well cause we'll be out of town for the holidays  to be with my husband's family and our biometrics appointment is on dec 27.

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:

EAD:

AP:

32 minutes ago, ZKT said:

hi there!!! which office were you supposed to go to? and which one did you go to? I wanna try doing what you did. my biometrics appointment is set on dec 27, but i wanted to do it earlier because i'll have to be in georgia and missouri for the holidays to spend it with my husband's family.  what documents or things did you need? i'm from imperial california and the nearest ones aside from mine are in san diego and chula vista. i'll actually be in san diego on wednesday so i asked just in case. thanks so much soul mate!

Hello! 👋  In my biometrics letter my appointment was set in Riverside. I ended up going to the San Marcos location. I definitely prepared myself to be turned away or the wait time to be long considering I didn’t have an appointment but to my pleasant surprise not one person beside the workers were there!  First thing the lady asked was if I had an appointment and I just said no and that was it. I showed her my appointment letter and she had me fill out paper work regarding my name, height, weight etc. After reading others experiences about walk-ins appointments most that were successful I found would arrive early afternoon. Not right when it opens. When I arrived at 11:15am they gave me the number 48.. which probably meet they saw 47 people before me. 

I brought my appointment letter, my drivers license and my marriage certificate.

My drivers license has my maiden name and all my AOS paperwork was filled out to my new married name. In my opinion base on my experience, I would definitely recommend going to your biometrics appointment early. Had I been turned away that day I would be back the next day and the next day and so on haha. Hope all goes well,  I’m sure it will and go enjoy the holidays with your family! Keep us posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.