BJ & Christine

November 2018 I-129 Filers

1,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

Just got my NOA2 yesterday, NOA1 was on November 3rd! :) The app didn't update for me, just happened to notice an email in a mailbox I set up just for this and I was praying it wasn't an RFE

Yayyy!! Congratulations 

35 minutes ago, Shellimedz said:

Just got my NOA2 yesterday, NOA1 was on November 3rd! :) The app didn't update for me, just happened to notice an email in a mailbox I set up just for this and I was praying it wasn't an RFE

Congratulations...... :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shellimedz said:

Wow.. wait it only took 4 months since NOA 1? Is it usually that fast?

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Save85 said:

Wow.. wait it only took 4 months since NOA 1? Is it usually that fast?

No, but NOA1->NOA2 times have been dropping a lot since mid-summer 2018, and that's now only fast instead of "that must be an expedite" fast. Waiting time at NVC has gone up, but not nearly as much.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shellimedz said:

Congrats :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, SL and ES said:

La fecha de aviso de 12/4/2018.

Thank you. I thought I should use "received date" for visajourney timeline. 

Edited by jeka1700

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

March is here! Brace for the NOA 2! Congrats to those early november filers! Next week is going to get better✌🏻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Can anyone redirect me to what to prepare for Noa 2, once I receive the notice?

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
9 hours ago, Save85 said:

Can anyone redirect me to what to prepare for Noa 2, once I receive the notice?

Yeah agreed. What happens after we receive noa2? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Distantlove718 said:

Yeah agreed. What happens after we receive noa2? 

After we receive noa2 we wait until the embassy in our beneficiary's country to receive the petition and then wait again for the them to send packets 3 and/then 4 to the beneficiary.  You can get a jump start by going to your country's page here on vj and viewing the consulate information.  There, you can find the packets in which they will be sending the beneficiary and can get a jump start on the requirements listed to bring to the interview.  Each country has different requirements but generally most need: a bunch (6)of passport type pictures of the beneficiary, beneficiary's birth cert.,  police records of beneficiary in all countries in which they has resided, w2's/bank staements/proof of employment/income of petitioner (there are other ways to prove petitioner can support beneficiary as well) You can get started on form i-134..... and get the beneficiary's medical history ready.

Just check your consulate info for more accurate info! Best of luck

Albania-https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Albania&cty=Tirana

South Korea- https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=South Korea&cty=Seoul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.