Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes. 12/11 and 12/12.

Was hoping I would have meet the batch on 11/27 and 11/28 but my status still says at nvc since the 11/26 😔. Guess I just wait now.

1 minute ago, JennaV said:

Was hoping I would have meet the batch on 11/27 and 11/28 but my status still says at nvc since the 11/26 😔. Guess I just wait now.

Unfortunately yes the old waiting game continues. It looks like the next batch you'll be on. Stay strong.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, emm21717 said:

did you get your case number already?!

no i havent but is like u dont need it for schedule, neither for go to the medical or tu submit the DS-160 but u need it for go to the interview.... That is the reason why we have to wait for it so in that way we have an idea when is gonna reach embassy and what dates could be the possible interview! just waiting for my NVC number to know my batches and schedule!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can someone please enlighten me as to how everyone is getting the case dates for the following to enter in to their profiles?

NVC Received :    ____________
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :    ____________
NVC Left :    ____________

I sent a message via the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html  link on November 14th and got an email reply on the 24th.  That email simply stated that my case was received, but no date.  The email response also went on to say "We will send NVC processing instructions within 8 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you have not received any information after 8 weeks.".

8 weeks!!?!?!??!!!!  This doesn't seem to align with timelines that I am seeing on here, where one couple (same country) I noticed already has an interview set up and their NOA2 date was only about a week before ours.  Is everyone calling them to obtain these various dates for their timelines?  I an not understanding how people are getting these.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, RBandAn said:

Can someone please enlighten me as to how everyone is getting the case dates for the following to enter in to their profiles?

I sent a message via the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html  link on November 14th and got an email reply on the 24th.  That email simply stated that my case was received, but no date.  The email response also went on to say "We will send NVC processing instructions within 8 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you have not received any information after 8 weeks.".

8 weeks!!?!?!??!!!!  This doesn't seem to align with timelines that I am seeing on here, where one couple (same country) I noticed already has an interview set up and their NOA2 date was only about a week before ours.  Is everyone calling them to obtain these various dates for their timelines?  I an not understanding how people are getting these.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You will find all relevant info on the first page of this thread. We are calling the NVC to get the specific info. Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, RBandAn said:

You can read through this thread and find numerous people that call up to 3x per day, every day, in search of their case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Just now, Maham10 said:

Sorry but I was not trying to be condescending at all.

Whenever I have called the operator has said "yes we recieved your petition on xyz date"

"Your case was assigned a number on xyz date"

I think you should ask the operator then.

I did not ask about how to get the case number!!!  Read my comment again, dude.  My comment was specifically in reference to DATES.  Dates, man.  Nowhere in my comment to I ask how to get the case number.  I was wondering how people that have populated their timelines got the SPECIFIC DATE.  I don't think I could have been any more clear.  Our case was received by the NVC and we have a case number and IIN.  However, I do not know the DATES that any of those occurred.  Are people just guessing a DATE or entering and approximate DATE?  Or are they getting an actual DATE somewhere.  I would like to know for purposes of adding to my own timeline.  It seems like I am missing something.  Thanks again!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Use "immigant" for the Visa type and put your case number from NVC.

Read the P3 letter it will explain everything to you.

I did what you said and the status is "At NVC". 

I also completed DS160, at first it didnt asked me about my work or income but then I had a mistake in my year of birth and I did a new application, but this time it did ask me about my work, income etc. I found that curious. I did check and it's the right one, it says K1 and even asked me to check a box saying I'll marry my fiance in the following 90 days after enter to the US.

I think I have the rest of the process clear... My only doubts are, is it too early to get a police certificate for me and my fiance documents (tax, pay receipt, employer letter etc)? Considering the soonest I might be able to get an appointment date is March 2019?

My fiance is coming in January to visit so maybe he can bring those with him.

Thanks again

Edited by Daniela M_______

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I did what you said and teh status is "At NVC". 

I also completed DS160, at first it didnt asked me about my work or income but then I had a mistake in my year of birth and I did a new application, but this time it did ask me about my work, income etc. I found that curious. I did check and it's the right one, it says K1 and even asked me to check a box saying I'll marry my fiance in the following 90 days after enter to the US.

I think I have the rest of the process clear... My only doubts are, is it too early to get a police certificate for me and my fiance documents (tax, pay receipt, employer letter etc)? Considering the soonest I might be able to get an appointment date is March 2019?

Thanks again

Wait... so Petitioner and Beneficiary have to provide police records, employer letter and all that?

1 hour ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I did what you said and the status is "At NVC". 

Thanks again

The documents (police certificates and employment letters included) that you are gathering for the interview should not be older then 6 months. The only thing that requires the petitioners signature (original) is the I-134. So bring it to give to him. Everything else can be scanned and emailed for him to printout there just before the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Fernando&Steven said:

Wait... so Petitioner and Beneficiary have to provide police records, employer letter and all that?

NO. The beneficiary needs to supply a PC for the interview. The petitioner needs to provide financials as outlined below. The petitioner has already been screened during the NOA1-NOA2 from several data bases especial from Homeland Security and the FBI.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with an original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Get the IRS transcript in place of the actual 1040 here: https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, RBandAn said:

I did not ask about how to get the case number!!!  Read my comment again, dude.  My comment was specifically in reference to DATES.  Dates, man.  Nowhere in my comment to I ask how to get the case number.  I was wondering how people that have populated their timelines got the SPECIFIC DATE.  I don't think I could have been any more clear.  Our case was received by the NVC and we have a case number and IIN.  However, I do not know the DATES that any of those occurred.  Are people just guessing a DATE or entering and approximate DATE?  Or are they getting an actual DATE somewhere.  I would like to know for purposes of adding to my own timeline.  It seems like I am missing something.  Thanks again!!

For the case number assigning that NVC does you can get the information in two different places. First, ceac.stae.gov where you will enter "immigrant" and then your case number. I should return with a date it was assignment and the current status. Second, you will get a letter in the mail from NVC in about 2-3 weeks with the case number and again dates when assigned. Of course you can call an ask but there is just to many phone calls being made in my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, RBandAn said:

Thanks.

See my reply above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.