91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We were denied K-1 in April.  We got married in Manila in June.  We are now working on the CR-1.  Forget about the past.  Keep moving forward.  A LOT of us got screwed by RV.  All we can do is help future filers by explaining how easy the paperwork really is.  It isn't hard to file on our own.  It felt overwhelming at first but now you see that even with an agency you still do all the work.  They get paid a lot of money just to mail a package.  

Move on and don't lose focus on what is truly important.

I hope it works for us. We have so many plans together this year. Now its shattered. Uscis doesnt care about relationships. 😢😢😢😭😭😭

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

It’s not that they don’t care about relationships they care about doing the process correctly and legally. They have done nothing wrong according to what I’m reading in this post. Take the advice you have been given and crack on if it’s still what you both want to do. 

We still dont know if tier 2 was telling the truth. Its still speculative because we have no letter yet. They said it was sent on October 9th. And still no letter. Uscis is only in Laguna. My fiance is just in redondo beach. The mail should have been there last week. One tier said its still under review by a supervisor and they will get back to us in 15 days. So we have no idea what to do yet. No letter no decision to be made yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, analyncortez32 said:

We still dont know if tier 2 was telling the truth. Its still speculative because we have no letter yet. They said it was sent on October 9th. And still no letter. Uscis is only in Laguna. My fiance is just in redondo beach. The mail should have been there last week. One tier said its still under review by a supervisor and they will get back to us in 15 days. So we have no idea what to do yet. No letter no decision to be made yet

Good luck to you, and keep us updated!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shiran said:

Good luck to you, and keep us updated!

Thank you. I hope they will consider our mistake. It was not intended. His attorney made him believe he was single with that court order.

Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, Sarge2155 said:

You have channeled so much energy and effort into explaining things in this thread. I read where you said you are prepared to throw away your LDR because you can't go through with it again. Please use some of the energy you displayed all throughout this thread. Don't quit now go the spousal route. I know you are upset and devastated about this, but it will subside. Don't throw away your love. I am sure your petitioner feels the same. Take a deep breath clear your head before making any rash decisions. People here are generally trying to help, I think your devastation and your frame of mind is interfering with your thinking take a few steps back and rethink it please.

I am not the one who gave up but him. He left me because he wont refile and wait for me anymore

Did you/they ever get the letter?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, analyncortez32 said:

I dont think we would go through the same process and back to long ditance relationship again. And get frustrated waiting. Life is too short. We wasted our time and money on this. Our love isnt enough to fight for this anymore. I am crying again.

patient and trust is true love rushing things without thinking is desperation..if you love each others that much you should not give up easily...in my opinion i guess its not only about the divorce decree maybe its also the red flag about you guys being in a relationship even the guy still legally married even let say hes single but still in the eye of US law he was still married while you two are in a relationship..im not sure about appealing..as what i heard if you got denied as k1 all you can do is re apply.. anyway good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, analyncortez32 said:

We had no idea what a divorce decree looked like. Thought the court order was enough proof to show then his marriage was terminated. Well thanks for answering. I guess we just have to move on with our lives. We both dont want to go through another year of filing for another visa. Being apart is very painful and stressful for us. Its tragic but i have to accept it. 

We had no idea what a divorce decree looked like. Thought the court order was enough proof to show then his marriage was terminated. Well thanks for answering. I guess we just have to move on with our lives. We both dont want to go through another year of filing for another visa. Being apart is very painful and stressful for us. Its tragic but i have to accept it. 

No mean intended, but that is kind of difficult to believe, and even more when you said that he had a divorce lawyer. 

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 10:20 AM, analyncortez32 said:

It said in the court order his marriage was terminated and it was final decision. I think you have no idea about bifurcation process? He had his divorce bifurcated because his ex wouldnt want to settle. So his divorce went through two segments. Dissolution of marriage and settlement of assets after the trial. It is available in California. This is the court order he received on february 5th

IMG_20180926_190129.jpg

I'm in California, too, and on my divorce DECREE, it's states exactly which EFFECTIVE DATE you are restored to single status again, it states this date very specifically, which in CA is 6 months plus 1 day from the day of filing if uncontested.  Your document does not state that at all, sorry.    

Edited by JuniorMints

04/10/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/12/18  - USCIS received I-129F 

04/17/18 -  NOA1 approval date on hardcopy

10/10/18 - NOA2 approval date on hardcopy

11/08/18 - NVC case received

11/09/18 - NVC case # 

11/27/18 - Left NVC  ✈️✈️

12/02/18 - Algiers consulate received

12/06/18 - READY

12/08/18 - Received Packet 3/4

12/12/18 - Medical  

01/14/19 -  Interview  (221g for extra doc, sent next day back to embassy, AP for 15 days)

01/30/19 - CEAC changed  to Non-Immigrant, email from Embassy said now approved

02/03/19  -  ISSUED - Visa in hand same day  :thumbs:

02/13/19 -  Arrived in US :goofy:

03/04/2019  -  Married  🤵👰❤️

04/16/2019  -  Sent AOS packet

05/22/2019. -  Bio fingerprints

06/25/2019. - Case ready for interview

09/23/2019. - EAD approved

09/27/2019  - EAD card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 11:58 PM, JuniorMints said:

I'm in California, too, and on my divorce DECREE, it's states exactly which EFFECTIVE DATE you are restored to single status again, it states this date very specifically, which in CA is 6 months plus 1 day from the day of filing if uncontested.  Your document does not state that at all, sorry.    

I believe the I-129F states that a certified divorce decree is required which you get from the courthouse. That looks like it's just a copy of the minutes and someone wrote divorce decree at the top and whatever is on the back of the page. Unfortunately that's not what USCIS asks for. For all USCIS knows it could have just been something that the petitioner created and printed off as there are no seals or signatures on it. I feel bad for them because we all know how painful the waiting part is. If they are ready to cast their love aside and move on from each other after this what would they do if they actually get married and run into a few hardships. I would be devastated as well if our petition was denied but like so many others have said I would not hesitate to refile and do whatever it took to be with the woman I love. I am flying to Ho Chi Minh City on the 21st to spend 48 hours with my love and I will be traveling longer than that, if you truly love someone you will do whatever it takes for you to be together. Gaski hit it on the head saying that true love requires patience and trust. We all know going into this that it is a terribly long and sometimes frustrating process. 

I hope they are able to take a step back and let logic overcome emotions and let their love for each other allow them to go through the process again.

4 hours ago, brener69 said:

I believe the I-129F states that a certified divorce decree is required which you get from the courthouse. That looks like it's just a copy of the minutes and someone wrote divorce decree at the top and whatever is on the back of the page. Unfortunately that's not what USCIS asks for. For all USCIS knows it could have just been something that the petitioner created and printed off as there are no seals or signatures on it. I feel bad for them because we all know how painful the waiting part is. If they are ready to cast their love aside and move on from each other after this what would they do if they actually get married and run into a few hardships. I would be devastated as well if our petition was denied but like so many others have said I would not hesitate to refile and do whatever it took to be with the woman I love. I am flying to Ho Chi Minh City on the 21st to spend 48 hours with my love and I will be traveling longer than that, if you truly love someone you will do whatever it takes for you to be together. Gaski hit it on the head saying that true love requires patience and trust. We all know going into this that it is a terribly long and sometimes frustrating process. 

I hope they are able to take a step back and let logic overcome emotions and let their love for each other allow them to go through the process again.

i guess they really end up their relationship because of this denial😅😅

my husband and i used to be in ldr too but he always visit me every 3 months.. even when we file k1 and we were not sure what gonna happen,if either approve or deny.we made a plan b to get married and apply cr1 just incase we got deny..we dont mind waiting as long as our love and trust are still in each other...we cant control the government you know,they are just human and they are just doing their job...true love can always wait..just saying

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 minutes ago, gaski said:

i guess they really end up their relationship because of this denial😅😅

my husband and i used to be in ldr too but he always visit me every 3 months.. even when we file k1 and we were not sure what gonna happen,if either approve or deny.we made a plan b to get married and apply cr1 just incase we got deny..we dont mind waiting as long as our love and trust are still in each other...we cant control the government you know,they are just human and they are just doing their job...true love can always wait..just saying

I agree completely. I think if you really love them you are going to do everything in your power to be together. Time is not an obstacle if you are in love and deeply committed to that person. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.