91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder who among you here got denied at uscis after RFE? What did you do? Are USCIS tiers 2 reliable telling you over the phone that your petition is denied? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

most RFE's do not result in denials. Most of them are simple information that wasn't included or not enough info given.

I'm not sure if they would tell you over the phone that you were denied. But to be denied at the petition stage I (think) is pretty uncommon. its more likely to happen at the consulate stage.

Did you receive an RFE/what was it for?

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Denial at uscis stage after petition receives a rfe are do to petitioner not fully reading what was stated on rfe and not sending in what uscis requested. 

Does it happen. YES. Will it happen again? Ubetcha it will. 

Not sure if teir 2 can tell u if u been denied or not. Most the time the information u recieve from uscis over the phone is sketchy at best. Many been told one thing and next person they speak to says something completely different. 

Until u have hard copy in hand take what uscis says with a grain of salt.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Denial at uscis stage after petition receives a rfe are do to petitioner not fully reading what was stated on rfe and not sending in what uscis requested. 

Does it happen. YES. Will it happen again? Ubetcha it will. 

This is true, they are tightening down on people who can't complete basic instructions and opting many times for a flat out denial instead of an RFE(as well they should). BUT if an RFE was issued, that doesn't seem to be what happened here (assuming RFE is responded to appropriately and accurately) .

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

If it is not sensitive....What was your RFE for?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I know this much: tier 2 and reliable don't go together unless the word NOT appears right before reliable. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Most (the overwhelming majority actually) I-129Fs are approved. There are not a lot of requirements for the I-129F and they are mostly pretty black and white on if you meet them or not. Just the evidence of meeting within 2 years is the biggest unknown on what evidence is enough.

Many people get an RFE. Most have an approval afterwards. Some will get a denial because they either didn't respond or responded incompletely or they simply did not meet the requirements (and therefore cannot provide a satisfactory response).

An RFE is not a sign of an impending denial. Most are for pretty minor things that just need to be checked off to meet the requirements of the law or policy.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

I found this site https://www.uscis.gov/laws/admin-decisions?topic_id=1&newdir=D6+-+Fiancees+and+Fiances+of+U.S.+Citizen+%28K-1%29/ an interesting read, it’s the decisions on appeals of denials of fiancé/fiancée petitions. Quite often a failure to respond adequately to an rfe is listed as part of the description of the case. 

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why did you get a denial?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

We Got RFE for the divorce decree and clarity of our meeting online while he was married. So he explained in the letter he was separated for years and then we met online and went through his divorce for 2 years because his ex wouldnt want to settle. Tier 2 said our petition was denied and sent us denial on october 9th. The letter must have been in my fiances mailbox. But there was no letter. I hope they just gave us wrong info. We sent the right documents to them. We are devastated now. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

most RFE's do not result in denials. Most of them are simple information that wasn't included or not enough info given.

I'm not sure if they would tell you over the phone that you were denied. But to be denied at the petition stage I (think) is pretty uncommon. its more likely to happen at the consulate stage.

Did you receive an RFE/what was it for?

Thats why we are confused my fiance talked to a tier 1 and asked for callbacl. A tier 2 called back and said our petition was denied and being reviewed by the supervisor and we would get response in 15 days. He called to confirm again but the tier 1 said they sent a denial letter to him on the 9th. This is weird because we sent them the divorce decree with stamps and signatures and a letter of explanation. I am so devastated now since we dont know whats really going on. No letter yet 

Timeline
8 hours ago, usmsbow said:

I know this much: tier 2 and reliable don't go together unless the word NOT appears right before reliable. 

I hope they gave us the wrong info. They just made our lives miserable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, analyncortez32 said:

We Got RFE for the divorce decree and clarity of our meeting online while he was married. So he explained in the letter he was separated for years and then we met online and went through his divorce for 2 years because his ex wouldnt want to settle. Tier 2 said our petition was denied and sent us denial on october 9th. The letter must have been in my fiances mailbox. But there was no letter. I hope they just gave us wrong info. We sent the right documents to them. We are devastated now. 

so did you applied for K1 while he was still married? what exactly the RFE says can you pls tell

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, analyncortez32 said:

Did you guys applied for K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.