91 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Knome said:

so did you applied for K1 while he was still married? what exactly the RFE says can you pls tell

what abt divorce decree? what clarification they need for divorce decree? You havnt  provided your divorce decree in petition ?

23 hours ago, analyncortez32 said:

I wonder who among you here got denied at uscis after RFE? What did you do? Are USCIS tiers 2 reliable telling you over the phone that your petition is denied? 

Yes , you can get denied if you didnt fullfil the rfe requirements and yes tier 2 will be able to tell you about that .in case you get denied i think the best option will be file for i-130 instead of k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Knome said:

what abt divorce decree? what clarification they need for divorce decree? You havnt  provided your divorce decree in petition ?

We didnt include divorce decree in the packet but sent them in with the rfe letter

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Yes , you can get denied if you didnt fullfil the rfe requirements and yes tier 2 will be able to tell you about that .in case you get denied i think the best option will be file for i-130 instead of k1

We sent in the stuffs they needed. How could they deny us? 

3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs said:

How sure are the tiers reliable? Because both tiers were saying different things

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, analyncortez32 said:

We didnt include divorce decree in the packet but sent them in with the rfe letter

why dint you included divorce decree earlier ...did the final divorce decree came after applying for K1...what is the date in final divorce decree..is it was all done before applying for K1??

Timeline
7 hours ago, Knome said:

The judge during the trial said his marriage was terminated on february 5th. It had to be recorded after several weeks. They gave us court order that his marriage was terminated on that day. But the recorded divorce decree is on March 29th. Our noa1 was march 2nd

Timeline
Just now, Knome said:

why dint you included divorce decree earlier ...did the final divorce decree came after applying for K1...what is the date in final divorce decree..is it was all done before applying for K1??

Yes it came later since it had to be recorded in long beach california for several weeks. His attorney sent him a court record. As we understood he was already divorced on the day of the trial. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, analyncortez32 said:

The judge during the trial said his marriage was terminated on february 5th. It had to be recorded after several weeks. They gave us court order that his marriage was terminated on that day. But the recorded divorce decree is on March 29th. Our noa1 was march 2nd

theres your problem and denial.

you can not file a petition until both parties are totally, 100% free and legal to marry. the divorce decree date is AFTER your petition date. No bueno.

you will have to refile.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
1 minute ago, debbiedoo said:

theres your problem and denial.

you can not file a petition until both parties are totally, 100% free and legal to marry. the divorce decree date is AFTER your petition date. No bueno.

you will have to refile.

We still didnt have the letter of denial. So its just speculations. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, analyncortez32 said:

We still didnt have the letter of denial. So its just speculations. 

id bet money you WILL

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any particular reason you did not send in the Divorce Certificate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

id bet money you WILL

The tier 2 said its still under a supervisor review. But youre saying were getting a denial letter? Thats devastating for us😭😭

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Any particular reason you did not send in the Divorce Certificate?

The attorney said it had to be recorded and she gave my fiance the minute order from the judge that says the marriage was terminated. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, analyncortez32 said:

The tier 2 said its still under a supervisor review. But youre saying were getting a denial letter? Thats devastating for us😭😭

i dont work there. but the REQUIREMENTS for filing a petition is both people have to be free and clear to legally marry at the TIME OF FILING.

It doesnt matter what any judge or court TOLD you, what matters is the date on the divorce decree.

My fiance and I had to wait until he got the final decree to file. How long he had been separated, or how long the divorce had been pending, or the date the judge signed anything does NOT matter. what matters is the date on the divorce decree and the date of your petition.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.