jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Oh boy. I guess I made a mistake. I only sent two 2x2 photos with the whole package. 

Maybe you'll be lucky and they will split the two you sent into the two separate packages?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Maybe you'll be lucky and they will split the two you sent into the two separate packages?

I doubt it. My package is still on the way to USCIS via USPS. I just went online and paid to have it returned to me. I would rather get it back, add the photos and re-send instead of waiting to see what will happen. So glad I read this thread today!  

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

6 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

I doubt it. My package is still on the way to USCIS via USPS. I just went online and paid to have it returned to me. I would rather get it back, add the photos and re-send instead of waiting to see what will happen. So glad I read this thread today!  

You do what's best for you. Everyone does things differently but may I suggest going online to youtube and looking up some package assembly videos?

There are many good ones and many are outdated but I used this one here:

It is a bit outdated as it includes the G325 but it is helpful in seeing which supporting documents are being submitted for each form. I played it on my TV even and took screenshots with my phone at the TV of the cover letters even as the video played to see the layout and confirm documents. Might be reassuring...

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Question...I864

For those of you who sent a IRS Transcript in lieu of a photocopy of the actual Income Tax Return, did you send a photocopy of the transcript or an actual transcript?

The instructions are a little confusing in that it says you must send either an IRS Transcript or a photocopy of the Income Tax Return. It doesn't say that a photocopy of the IRS Transcript is acceptable but it also doesnt say it must be an original either....it goes on to say...

"You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable."...and by photocopy it seems it is referring to the Income Tax Return photocopy.

Still doesn't say if a photocopy of the Transcript is fine for the application and save the original for the interview...kind of worried because I'll have to request a third one this year if I submit this original....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
47 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Question...I864

For those of you who sent a IRS Transcript in lieu of a photocopy of the actual Income Tax Return, did you send a photocopy of the transcript or an actual transcript?

The instructions are a little confusing in that it says you must send either an IRS Transcript or a photocopy of the Income Tax Return. It doesn't say that a photocopy of the IRS Transcript is acceptable but it also doesnt say it must be an original either....it goes on to say...

"You are not required to have the IRS certify the transcript or photocopy unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official; a plain transcript or photocopy is acceptable."...and by photocopy it seems it is referring to the Income Tax Return photocopy.

Still doesn't say if a photocopy of the Transcript is fine for the application and save the original for the interview...kind of worried because I'll have to request a third one this year if I submit this original....

from my knowledge, IRS Transcript can be printed from their website, there is no "original" transcript as far as I know(unless you have it mailed to you). It's online,  you print it and that is considered a copy?  correct me if I'm wrong, anyone lol

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Question...I864

I sent a photocopy. Nothing was original.

15 minutes ago, Naes said:

I sent a photocopy. Nothing was original.

Note to everyone who's reading: I just tried to photocopy my mailed copy. There are specific computerized lines on the margin of the page that do not show up when you scan or photocopy it (and it's still the exact same size). 

I am going to play it safe and send the original "mailed to me" copy and force my hubby to go online to retrieve another original one for the interview stage.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I was about to send the originals. But I just didn’t send it because there was information on the back side, and didn’t wanted a missing page situation. But it worked out fine with the photocopy so far got to the ready to be scheduled status:) 

Hi everyone today USCIS sent back my AOS package and was rejected for the filling fee. Every document was stamped with a large number in the end and signed every page.I included the correct amount fee and resend it today as priority mail. Now waiting for the response. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@K1visaHopeful For the IRS transcripts I couldn't find my wife ones, so I got them online after we created her an account, downloaded the transcripts and printed them.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

I guess I become an OCT filer as well.

I first submitted aos in end Sep but then due to some reason, USCIS failed to charge on credit card so they rejected my case. Then I submitted again on 9th Oct and they received it on 11th Oct. 

I just got noa1 by text today.

But I checked the bank account, they haven't claim the check yet. Any one face the same thing?

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

14 hours ago, NjK said:

Hi everyone today USCIS sent back my AOS package and was rejected for the filling fee. Every document was stamped with a large number in the end and signed every page.I included the correct amount fee and resend it today as priority mail. Now waiting for the response. 

Same here. I was rejected for the failed charging credit card. Now I have got the noa1. It will be faster for us. You placed the green sheet on the top of your application right?

I guess that will help to expedite a bit.

I751:

9 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Same here. I was rejected for the failed charging credit card. Now I have got the noa1. It will be faster for us. You placed the green sheet on the top of your application right?

I guess that will help to expedite a bit.

Do you have any idea yet on why your CC payment was rejected? It makes me wary to pay for mine that way now...

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you have any idea yet on why your CC payment was rejected? It makes me wary to pay for mine that way now...

No idea why it is rejected.

Probably the credit card info is not correct?

better include a check. 

I751:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, CCCCCF said:

I guess I become an OCT filer as well.

I first submitted aos in end Sep but then due to some reason, USCIS failed to charge on credit card so they rejected my case. Then I submitted again on 9th Oct and they received it on 11th Oct. 

I just got noa1 by text today.

But I checked the bank account, they haven't claim the check yet. Any one face the same thing?

They have gotten paid, its just your bank that hasn't processed it out yet fully. You will not receive the text if the Feds don't have their money already..

Goodluck

Edited by kemm360
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.