jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Bonnie_Clyde said:

Hi all,

we're filing out form i-864 affidavit of support and  need some help regarding part 5 sponsor's household size. My husband is only sponsoring me but while filing on the computer the household number auto populate to 3 instead of 2.  Did any of you encounter this issue and how did you fix it? I have the impression that they counted me twice  (for being the principal applicant and the spouse).

Thanks in advance for your help

Capture.PNG

i read you put 0 on number 3. you are not suppose to count him twice as you already counted him for number 1

image.png.2f4f95672def3e2432d379b501a97d27.png

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

i read you put 0 on number 3. you are not suppose to count him twice as you already counted him for number 1

image.png.2f4f95672def3e2432d379b501a97d27.png

Thanks a lot !

8 minutes ago, Gibus said:

You have to remove 1 from the item 3, that's you and you're the one sponsored in the affidavit.

Perfect thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi guys,

in the employment auth. form, should we answer yes for requesting a social security card from SSA?

we are planning to go request the card from the SS offices. what answer should we write?

2 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

hi guys,

in the employment auth. form, should we answer yes for requesting a social security card from SSA?

we are planning to go request the card from the SS offices. what answer should we write?

I checked yes because I ASSUME it will eliminate the step of me having to go to the SSA to replace my card for a second time.

Ie

1. Initial SSN in my maiden name

2. Replacement card in my married name applied for after marriage but before I94 expired

3. Final card with new status of now being able to work when my EAD is granted 

That was my assumption that USCIS makes the request through SSA to have your card updated and sent to you without having to go into an SSA office. 

I could be wrong but I did input my SSN in box 13.b of the I765 so it was understood that I already had a SSN. The instructions for the I765 also make it seem like you can order a replacement SSN card this way after work authorization is granted if you read closely. Check them out and let me know what you think....

Okay friends! 141 pages in total and I dont feel like Googleling or researching for one more second at this point. 

One final AOS question....

I have assembled everything into the three seperate packets (I485, I765, I131). I plan on placing them in 3 seperate 10×13 envelopes (florescent ones if I can find some!)

My question is this though:

I plan on sending the three envelopes all together in one USPS envelope (or bag that they offer for shipping).

1. Do I have to address EACH ONE of my packages in envelopes to the Chicago Lockbox (and self return address it to in the top left corner) PLUS label it with:

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION - FORM I-XXX- Name of Form

My Name and Alien Number

???

OR

2. Can I just mark each envelope as:

My Name and Alien Number

AND just label the USPS OUTER Envelope with:

USCIS

PO Box Yadda yadda 

Chicago, IL

Yadda yadda

My Name and Alien Number

Do I need the addresses on the inner envelopes?

Thoughts on why 2. might be a bad idea....

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
11 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I checked yes because I ASSUME it will eliminate the step of me having to go to the SSA to replace my card for a second time.

Ie

1. Initial SSN in my maiden name

2. Replacement card in my married name applied for after marriage but before I94 expired

3. Final card with new status of now being able to work when my EAD is granted 

That was my assumption that USCIS makes the request through SSA to have your card updated and sent to you without having to go into an SSA office. 

I could be wrong but I did input my SSN in box 13.b of the I765 so it was understood that I already had a SSN. The instructions for the I765 also make it seem like you can order a replacement SSN card this way after work authorization is granted if you read closely. Check them out and let me know what you think....

after reading some tutorials here is what I learned:

we need to request  the SS card when we arrive.

it will have a phrase on it about the work authorization from USCIS or something like this.

we need to check the box that i asked abou in order for USCIS to contact SSN offices to change and remove the phrase and issue a new card.

if we don't do that, we will have to go ourselves to SS offices and ask them to change it.

i think that it is a one plus layer of security to ask USCIS for a new SS card to not have to deal with going ourselves.

@Greenbaum @Naes or anyone really can you confirm please. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Thanks for the reassurance!

I also paid with a credit card and have received my texts/the money has been taken. Wasn't going to miss out on that sort of cash back 😂

7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Okay friends! 141 pages in total and I dont feel like Googleling or researching for one more second at this point. 

One final AOS question....

I have assembled everything into the three seperate packets (I485, I765, I131). I plan on placing them in 3 seperate 10×13 envelopes (florescent ones if I can find some!)

My question is this though:

I plan on sending the three envelopes all together in one USPS envelope (or bag that they offer for shipping).

1. Do I have to address EACH ONE of my packages in envelopes to the Chicago Lockbox (and self return address it to in the top left corner) PLUS label it with:

My Name and Alien Number

???

OR

2. Can I just mark each envelope as:

My Name and Alien Number

AND just label the USPS OUTER Envelope with:

USCIS

PO Box Yadda yadda 

Chicago, IL

Yadda yadda

My Name and Alien Number (<<<OMG No I would not put this line on the outer envelope.)

Do I need the addresses on the inner envelopes?

Thoughts on why 2. might be a bad idea....

Sorry too late to edit the original post but the advice is still appreciated.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, akoko-01 said:

after reading some tutorials here is what I learned:

we need to request  the SS card when we arrive.

it will have a phrase on it about the work authorization from USCIS or something like this.

we need to check the box that i asked abou in order for USCIS to contact SSN offices to change and remove the phrase and issue a new card.

if we don't do that, we will have to go ourselves to SS offices and ask them to change it.

i think that it is a one plus layer of security to ask USCIS for a new SS card to not have to deal with going ourselves.

@Greenbaum @Naes or anyone really can you confirm please. 

This makes sense! I'm going to try it. 

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

This makes sense! I'm going to try it. 

Ok I went back to the actual form and the only thing making me doubt trying this, is this phrase...

"Consent for Disclosure: I authorize disclosure of information from this application to the SSA as required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a Social Security card."

If we already have an SSN card, they would not be assigning us an SSN. I think I'm going to check it off regardless. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work, and once EAD comes in, we have to go to the SSN office get a new SSN card? I feel like I should have waited to apply for my SSN until doing EAD

Edited by NikkiMarie

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
38 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My Name and Alien Number (<<<OMG No I would not put this line on the outer envelope.)

i dunno if you are at that stage yet, but when you entered the US, did they provide the beneficiary with an Alien Registration #? I have seen that question being asked in all the forms.  

Edited by Lebanese23

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

4 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

Ok I went back to the actual form and the only thing making me doubt trying this, is this phrase...

"Consent for Disclosure: I authorize disclosure of information from this application to the SSA as required for the purpose of assigning me an SSN and issuing me a Social Security card."

If we already have an SSN card, they would not be assigning us an SSN. I think I'm going to check it off regardless. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work, and once EAD comes in, we have to go to the SSN office get a new SSN card? I feel like I should have waited to apply for my SSN until doing EAD

This is from the I765 Instructions regarding SSN's:

"Item Numbers 13.a. - 17.b. Questions regarding Social Security Number (SSN). Item Number 13.a. asks you if the 
Social Security Administration (SSA) has ever officially issued you a Social Security card. If the SSA ever issued a Social 
Security card to you in your name or a previously used name such as your maiden name, then you must enter the SSN 
from your card in Item Number 13.b.
If your request for employment authorization is approved, the SSA may assign you an SSN and issue you a Social 
Security card, or issue you a replacement card. If you want the SSA to assign you a Social Security number and issue you 
a Social Security card, or issue you a new or replacement Social Security card, then answer “Yes” to both Item Number 
14. and Item Number 15. You must also provide your father’s and mother’s family and given names at birth in Item 
Numbers 16.a. - 17.b. SSA will use Item Numbers 16.a. -17.b. in issuing you a Social Security card.
You are not required to request an SSN using this application. Completing Item Numbers 14. - 17.b. is optional. 
However, you must have an SSN properly assigned in your name to work in the United States."

Question 16 and 17 disclosing your parents info is just for new SSN applicants however if you check "yes" in 13.b. you still have to disclose their information regardless of whether you already have an SSN. It's either just another part of the form that is redundant or necessary info that you must continually repeat to SSA every time you get a new card so they can ensure you are the same person everytime.

4 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

i dunno if you are at that stage yet, but when you entered the US, did they provide the beneficiary with an Alien Registration #? I have seen that question being asked in all the forms.  

It's on your I129F Hardcopy of the NOA2 Petition approval notice.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It's on your I129F Hardcopy of the NOA2 Petition approval notice.

oh dear, i didnt even look at that sheet much, i was too excited for approval, i dismissed all that extra info :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.