jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, kemm360 said:

They have gotten paid, its just your bank that hasn't processed it out yet fully. You will not receive the text if the Feds don't have their money already..

Goodluck

Do you mean Uscis has already received the payment. It’s only the bank hasn’t shown the record yet?? 

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you have any idea yet on why your CC payment was rejected? It makes me wary to pay for mine that way now...

I have a friend who paid with credit card when she filed a few weeks ago, and it was fine. I'm paying by credit card. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I sent a check when I filed mine early September and even had my biometrics done and no RFE yet, but my bank account shows it hasn't been cashed yet, so I don't really know how they proceed with the money! But to me it's a little weird I saw a lot of people having their money cashed pretty quickly.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Do you mean Uscis has already received the payment. It’s only the bank hasn’t shown the record yet?? 

Yes they have, they will not give you a confirmation text with reference number if they don't have their money. Look at your bank account tomorrow. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

35 minutes ago, NikkiMarie said:

I have a friend who paid with credit card when she filed a few weeks ago, and it was fine. I'm paying by credit card. 

Thanks for the reassurance!

Hi, could someone tell me what documents stand as proof for the I-131? Also, does the I-131 get approved faster and earlier than the I-485? Is it better to just wait for the 1-485 to get approved instead of filing for the I-131? One last question, what if we don't have 1040 for 2015 as there was no income that year - do we need to justify it through a statement and what could we show as evidence? Thank you!

Edited by Brian PC

1 hour ago, Brian PC said:

Hi, could someone tell me what documents stand as proof for the I-131? Also, does the I-131 get approved faster and earlier than the I-485?

Most of the time, yes. Current processing times for Combo card (EAD/AP) is 5-8 months whereas lately the GC takes 1 year plus but that is dependent on your state service center.

Is it better to just wait for the 1-485 to get approved instead of filing for the I-131? Your call but if you dont apply for AP you CANNOT leave the US until you receive your GC.

One last question, what if we don't have 1040 for 2015 as there was no income that year - do we need to justify it through a statement and what could we show as evidence? Yes and it depends on your circumstances. Did you survive off of goverment assistance or non taxable benefits? Provide that proof. Were you a student? Provide documents from your school and student loans. It totally depends on your situation but it should be easy to figure out how to prove how you survived that year.

Keep in mind that if you did have income for that year and just didnt file taxes, you will have to file late now before you can sponsor anyone.

Thank you!

I131 AP package should contain:

GI145 e-notification (optional) 

Applicant's passport bio page

Applicants K1 viss in foreign passport

Current I94 

Copy of Marriage Certificate

2-2"x2" passport photos

Copy of K1 NOA2 Approval notice 

6 hours ago, CCCCCF said:

Same here. I was rejected for the failed charging credit card. Now I have got the noa1. It will be faster for us. You placed the green sheet on the top of your application right?

I guess that will help to expedite a bit.

Mine was rejected because I didn't include the biometric fee. I left the package as they did and the green page on top with the corrected fee check.

So it’s been a week since USCIS received my Form I-131 application and still no updates from them. Shouldn’t I receive a text or email from them by now that they received my application for advance parole? I’m getting worried.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I131 AP package should contain:

GI145 e-notification (optional) 

Applicant's passport bio page

Applicants K1 viss in foreign passport

Current I94 

Copy of Marriage Certificate

2-2"x2" passport photos

Copy of K1 NOA2 Approval notice 

5 to 8 months for the EAD? #######! :(

20 minutes ago, Kinetic11 said:

5 to 8 months for the EAD? #######! :(

It said 5 to 8 months last time I checked a month ago.

It says 4 to 6 months now for I765 at the NBC where I765's are adjudicated. (I just checked)

GC's at my service centre in ATL are 13 to 28 months at the moment. I'll count my blessings and consider myself extremely lucky if I get a combo card in 4 months but I doubt it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Here you go. You can check out your local service center for your GC waiting time yourself....

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

It said 5 to 8 months last time I checked a month ago.

It says 4 to 6 months now for I765 at the NBC where I765's are adjudicated. (I just checked)

GC's at my service centre in ATL are 13 to 28 months at the moment. I'll count my blessings and consider myself extremely lucky if I get a combo card in 4 months but I doubt it.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Here you go. You can check out your local service center for your GC waiting time yourself....

I'm in a group on Facebook and lots of people are getting EAD in 3 months. July filers now receiving their EAD. So, there is hope that it won't take 6-8 months. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hi all,

we're filing out form i-864 affidavit of support and  need some help regarding part 5 sponsor's household size. My husband is only sponsoring me but while filing on the computer the household number auto populate to 3 instead of 2.  Did any of you encounter this issue and how did you fix it? I have the impression that they counted me twice  (for being the principal applicant and the spouse).

Thanks in advance for your help

Capture.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Bonnie_Clyde said:

Hi all,

we're filing out form i-864 affidavit of support and  need some help regarding part 5 sponsor's household size. My husband is only sponsoring me but while filing on the computer the household number auto populate to 3 instead of 2.  Did any of you encounter this issue and how did you fix it? I have the impression that they counted me twice  (for being the principal applicant and the spouse).

Thanks in advance for your help

Capture.PNG

You have to remove 1 from the item 3, that's you and you're the one sponsored in the affidavit.

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.