jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, DeepakChani said:

that's amazing. what day did you send out the AoS package to the chicago lockbox? 

Also, did you notice if they cashed your check? 

Sent it off on Friday 28th Sept, I sent in a credit card authorization form as my husband and I were still waiting on some funds to clear. 

We noticed on the 9th the money had been requested from the card, also received 3 texts that night around 11pm with the case numbers. Following day, I found the 3 emails in the junk folder of my email too, so, those who just had texts and no emails check your junk folders too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Does not go much into addressing my very specific question about addressing the envelopes and what way you would do it but thanks! I'll wait for an opinion on my situation, lol.

I ended up just sending 3 envelopes in one large bubble mailer and on each envelope I actually just put the form number and my name.

Haven't had any issues in receiving NOA1, of course I don't know how flimsy the UPS bags are either but considering the weight of the package, I'd use something that can't rip in transportation to the lockbox.

So yeh, I'd say you're good to send all in one package!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Just opened the letter from USCIS for my biometrics appointment. The appointment is on Oct. 31st! (Should I wear a costume!? lol)

Notice Date on the letter says 10/12/2018. I didn't check my mailbox for one or two days so it could have been here on Thursday. But it probably took a week or so for the letter to get here after they issued the letter. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone!

we have our biometrics test on October 29th and our NOA1 was October 5th, does anyone know what the average time til EAD and GC status is currently ? 

28 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Hi everyone!

we have our biometrics test on October 29th and our NOA1 was October 5th, does anyone know what the average time til EAD and GC status is currently ? 

EAD/AP is 4-6 months currently at the National Benefits Center.

GC depends on the processing times of your local service center. You can obtain your local SC pr. times here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi guys. quick question please,

when you were at POE in the airport, did they took your picture?

the reason I am asking is to know if i should shave and dress up formally or stay comfortable since it will be a long long long flight.

thanks,

Just now, akoko-01 said:

Hi guys. quick question please,

when you were at POE in the airport, did they took your picture?

the reason I am asking is to know if i should shave and dress up formally or stay comfortable since it will be a long long long flight.

thanks,

Haha too cute! 

Yes they will take your picture and prints like the do everytime. Will that photo be shared with anyone or put on a document that you will have to carry and reveal in the future, NO. 

Just dont look like a criminal, lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
18 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Haha too cute! 

Yes they will take your picture and prints like the do everytime. Will that photo be shared with anyone or put on a document that you will have to carry and reveal in the future, NO. 

Just dont look like a criminal, lol.

hahah so eventually i will have to shave :-( lol 

srry never traveled before. 

thanks

Hello to all October AOS filers - it is good to see some familiar faces in here! 😀

I know the I-485 is sent to a local office for processing but wondered what happens with EAD and AP. We received our biometrics appointment letter this week and it states our I-485 and I-765 is processing at the National Benefits Center (the case numbers begin with MSC).

Will we receive notification if/when our cases are transferred? I’m noticed that processing at the NBC for EAD is taking up to a month longer than the other service centers (according to the USCIS processing times site). Has anyone else received notification of their EAD/AP processing at other service centers, i.e, Chicago, etc.?

1 minute ago, sremlif said:

Hello to all October AOS filers - it is good to see some familiar faces in here! 😀

I know the I-485 is sent to a local office for processing but wondered what happens with EAD and AP. We received our biometrics appointment letter this week and it states our I-485 and I-765 is processing at the National Benefits Center (the case numbers begin with MSC).

Will we receive notification if/when our cases are transferred? I’m noticed that processing at the NBC for EAD is taking up to a month longer than the other service centers (according to the USCIS processing times site). Has anyone else received notification of their EAD/AP processing at other service centers, i.e, Chicago, etc.?

The I765 and I131 are usually processed at the NBC. Processing times for the EAD/AP are 4 to 6 months currently.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So we got the electronic notifications today. I asked earlier if there was a benefit to sending 3 G-1145s instead of just one, well we sent only one and still received 3 notifications one for each form. So in our case at least one G-1145 was as good as 3, don't know if that's always the case but the case numbers were sequential any way as in I-485 was 01 131 was 02 and 785 was 03. The way we assembled our packet was 485 with evidence  in one paper clip followed by 864 with evidence in a paper clip then 131 with evidence in a paper clip and lastly 765 with evidence in a paper clip all put together in a binder clip with the G1145 and check at the very front seems to have worked fine at this point but can't really say if it is the best way but seemed like the easiest way.

One question I have is the I-485 status is fingerprint fee was received, is this typical?

How long does it take to get notified of anything? We sent our binder, with all 3 forms in plastic sleeves on October 15th. We haven’t got any letter or email about anything. Getting a bit anxious.. how long does it usually take? Have I done something wrong? :( I sent it all together to the Chicago PO box.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.