alex8585

221G white slip was given and returned passport

50 posts in this topic

Hi,

My fiance had an interview yesterday in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and after the interview they didn't say if it was denied or approved. They just said it is in Administrative Process and that they will call her tomorrow with additional info. They never called her or emailed her anything. On the withe 221g there was nothing checked on the required additional documents checkboxes, which means she doesn't have to send any additional documents. What does this mean? I worry because we have already scheduled a date to get married back home and bought her plane tickets to bring her to the U.S. after the wedding. She said the interview went well and that the interviewing officer didn't say anything (congratulate or apologize) besides giving her her passport back telling her they will contact her soon. Does this mean they are sending our documents back to NVC or USCIS for further investigation? I wonder if they are undergoing additional background checks since Uzbekistan is a Muslim (not extremist) country? Any advise would help. Thank you all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, alex8585 said:

Hi,

My fiance had an interview yesterday in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and after the interview they didn't say if it was denied or approved. They just said it is in Administrative Process and that they will call her tomorrow with additional info. They never called her or emailed her anything. On the withe 221g there was nothing checked on the required additional documents checkboxes, which means she doesn't have to send any additional documents. What does this mean? I worry because we have already scheduled a date to get married back home and bought her plane tickets to bring her to the U.S. after the wedding. She said the interview went well and that the interviewing officer didn't say anything (congratulate or apologize) besides giving her her passport back telling her they will contact her soon. Does this mean they are sending our documents back to NVC or USCIS for further investigation? I wonder if they are undergoing additional background checks since Uzbekistan is a Muslim (not extremist) country? Any advise would help. Thank you all.

well join the others who have gotten no reason and were handed a 221G for administrative processing and given their passports back.

don't want sound harsh but next time dont get a flight until the actual visa is in your hand.

and because there are different levels to administrative processing all you can do is keep checking the website and waiting for a call to come in to let you know what the next step is. 

that could take 8 weeks to several years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It is probably due to background checks, and those can take months......I hope you haven't spent a lot of money which is not refundable......all you can do is wait....good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 minutes ago, alex8585 said:

Hi,

What do you mean by this?

The K1 visa is for your fiance to go to the US and marry there. Not in her country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, alex8585 said:

I know we have to get married in the U.S. within 90 days of arrival. We are getting married there because her parents wants to see her wedding as well. This is just a small wedding so their parents can attend since it would be hard for them to come to the US for  the wedding.

Was this mentioned to CO at the interview? You should not be having ANY ceremony before arriving on the K1 because it can be seen as you're trying to bypass the system. I understand that her family will want to be there but it is really NOT a good idea to do so because the CO could deem that you are "too married" for a K1 visa. I would just marry in the US like planned and when she can travel back, have another wedding for them then. That is your safer route.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like others, why risk anything even with a simple "ceremony" or "party" that later could come bite you and cause even more issues. Marry in the US then go back later to her country and do a celebration. Have them skype in to the real US wedding or something. Can't beat a dead horse by saying don't buy or plan anything until visa is in hand as that time has come and gone. AP like others have said can be 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, or even 1+ years for the unfortunate ones. There was just a posting an hour ago for a spousal visa that has been in AP for 20 months already without any word.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They will soon enough! 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, alex8585 said:

No. It wasn't a question nor a subject at the interview. They don't know about it.

Like others it is probably standard background/security checks and verifying some things... and its AP so not much can be done about it right now except put everything off until you hear from the embassy. Could be days, weeks, or months...this is the main issue with some countries as it's hard for the embassy to be able to truly verify records so that's why it can take so long... and just because they embassy "doesn't know" about it now, doesn't mean it won't come out later on somehow and cause even more issues. Just don't do it.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.