2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 minutes ago, simplykay said:

no reaally no any news just waiting  i just finished my two months administrative process   what about you  whats your case 

13 minutes ago, simplykay said:

no reaally no any news just waiting  i just finished my two months administrative process   what about you  whats your case 

51 days on ap..visa cr1..interview aug 01..asked for submit ds 5535.that i did on aug 02.my husband born in USA..yesterday i saw they did update.. hope is gd signal.im brazilian living in lebanon

Edited by Fatima el orra

Hi Everyone, 

I hope you guys are doing well, 

I wanted to know how everyone is doing and if you have heard about your respective cases. 

if anyone of you know, how long the AP is usually taken, according to what you have heard of real cases? When I do the google search, it's very depressing, so I wanted to know what you guys have experienced. 

Thanks everyone! 

ok guys i need more further explanation on this some people have been in administrative process more than 7 months  that even they are not under the travel ban is been so confusing  we never know when we will get the visa  for e.g. after research they  keep saying   the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case what does that mean and yes for e.g. i never travelled to any of the ban countries i  have stayed in the same country for many years without  traveling anywhere else  i cleared my police certificate   ... twice once nvc and once during my interview  so what are the chances i want to know  those who been saying that its been administrative process for the last 9 to 8 months are u guys having travel history and all  please i hope you guys understood my point  and ur replies are will be helpful 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Waivers/AP forum -- the restrictions being discussed are administrative processes or a form thereof.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

This is such a horrible experience. Feeling really down this week :( i’m afraid were gonna be waiting for months & months, not just the regular 60 days. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I stumbled upon your thread. We are not in the banned countries but I wanted to let you know that I'm sending prayers your way that you all have some good news soon. ❤️ I hope you don't mind if I posted here. 

• Spoiler

• Met 09/2016
    • Engaged 11/2016
    • Moved to Algiers, Algeria 03/17/2017
    • Married in Algeria 07/26/2017
    • Decided to relocate back to the US in 08/2018
    • Currently still living in Algeria as of 09/20/2018
    • Mailed petition to FL to be sent by friend to USCIS 09/23/2018
    • Petition sent to Chicago Lockbox 09/27/2018
    • USPS shows Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox 09/29/2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Thanks for the support sister. It is good that you are not under the ban; it is a process I would not wish for my worst enemy! 

Just an update on my case guys: I contacted the embassy via email asking for a status update. The response I received is that it is still under administrative processing and it might take some time. Let's hope there is light at the end of this dark tunnel :( 

Do not hesitate to post any updates here, especially the positive news :) 

On 10/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, simplykay said:

there is one of  a user from   here received her visa   i don't want to mention her name  without her permission i just messaged her  lets see if she replies me she has been under administrative process for 6 months and she' was under the travel ban    its a big relief... if she replies my message i will ask her to share her journey with us here   

There are 2 here i know who interviewed and got visa within 3 months. I know who you are talking about. Both had a medical condition. One more who is not here got a visa after a 4 month wait. This one had no exceptions. But very very few 2018 interviews have gotten visas. These are the only 3 i know of and i do a lot of research on this. Many who got are 2017 interviews. So by that meausre i beleive we should see 2018 interviews get visas in 2019. Assuming the backlog does not make it worse.

6 hours ago, salhasl said:

There are 2 here i know who interviewed and got visa within 3 months. I know who you are talking about. Both had a medical condition. One more who is not here got a visa after a 4 month wait. This one had no exceptions. But very very few 2018 interviews have gotten visas. These are the only 3 i know of and i do a lot of research on this. Many who got are 2017 interviews. So by that meausre i beleive we should see 2018 interviews get visas in 2019. Assuming the backlog does not make it worse.

The only hope for us if Democrats win and take over the house and senate again! once they win the first thing they would do is to stop the travel ban and it's one of their top priorities.
Nov 6th is the date and let hope they win! so let's vote! otherwise and if GOP win god forbids then we won't see our spouses until that clown finishes his second term! :)  

6 hours ago, Adam82 said:

The only hope for us if Democrats win and take over the house and senate again! once they win the first thing they would do is to stop the travel ban and it's one of their top priorities.
Nov 6th is the date and let hope they win! so let's vote! otherwise and if GOP win god forbids then we won't see our spouses until that clown finishes his second term! :)  

While I agree this may happen, I think he will veto any attempt to repeal it. I think the most effective strategy if you dont have any red flags in your case is to wait 1 to 2 years from interview and file a writ of mandamus. A lot of people here are scared to file it but i have never see it fail for a spousal case with no red flags.

2 hours ago, salhasl said:

While I agree this may happen, I think he will veto any attempt to repeal it. I think the most effective strategy if you dont have any red flags in your case is to wait 1 to 2 years from interview and file a writ of mandamus. A lot of people here are scared to file it but i have never see it fail for a spousal case with no red flags.

A friend of mine is applying to Canada, after her husband was rejected in his interview. Exactly 3 months later (after his rejection) the embassy contacted him to send the form 35... to be placed in AP. However, they are already in the process of immigrating to Canada. I think if you have the means, you are proficient in English, and have a degree, that is a good option to consider. I’ve heard cases of people  considering it as well. Unless, you are willing to wait another year or two as you said. But hopefully, we don’t have to wait that, and our cases get solved within 6 months, inshallah. 

Edited by lorene21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.