2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I know a guy whose wife interviewed in January and received the visa in May. We interviewed end of  June and we are still waiting! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, salhasl said:

Did they have any medical condition? Which county visa or embassy?

They were interviewed in Amman, Jordan and no medical conditions! 

The only thing that is different in their case is that the applicant's parents visited the US in the past using a visit visa; other than that, everything else is just normal! 

17 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Presidential proclamation waived. 

Man, if this is true, then this is a HUGE relief. 

IF you look at my posts, I've been like an encyclopedia of travel ban issues. Every single thing I've read in the past few months has been pointing to things improving. I've personally seen visas issued to DOZENS of people from all travel ban countries, tracked down their stories, and this was the ONLY missing category that I had not seen a visa for: 2018 interview, no medical exceptions, K1/IR1/CR1. 

If this is true, then the ban basically has translated to mandatory 100% AP (for spouse and children - atleast). Which means, its not necesarily a ban (for IR), just a significant painful inconvenience, which is counter productive and unnecessary (by over burdening the security screening apparatus by thousands of unnecessary cases that do not meet criteria that previous administrations felt warranted additional scrutiny). 

Its pointing to a Donkey SAO for everyone - which is upwards of a year for most cases. Some get through quicker, but most I've seen is 1yr plus. Thats why I had assumed I wont see any 2018 visas till 2019 at the least. 

Edited by salhasl

Timeline
1 minute ago, salhasl said:

Man, if this is true, then this is a HUGE relief. 

IF you look at my posts, I've been like an encyclopedia of travel ban issues. Every single thing I've read in the past few months has been pointing to things improving. I've personally seen visas issued to DOZENS of people from all travel ban countries, tracked down their stories, and this was the ONLY missing category that I had not seen a visa for: 2018 interview, no medical exceptions, K1/IR1/CR1. 

If this is true, then the ban basically has translated to mandatory 100% AP (for spouse and children - atleast). Which means, its not necesarily a ban, just a significant painful inconvenience, which is counter productive and unnecessary (by over burdening the security screening apparatus by thousands of unnecessary cases that do not meet criteria that previous administrations felt warranted additional scrutiny). 

I noticed you are pretty active :) 

I have to admit that I made a mistake by not doing what the guy who received the visa did, which was get a lawyer to apply for the waiver prior to going to the interview! 

I have seen multiple examples as you mentioned; but most of them had a story. So hopefully you are right about the AP. I am hoping they will take into account that I am a USC. It is very ironic man, I work for Uncle Sam! yet, uncle Sam is keeping me apart from my wife! 

One thing that makes me a bit relieved is that I sent them the answers to their 10 questions twice and from what I could notice on the status, they updated my case twice after the interview. In my second communication where I added more information in the answers sheet, I wrote a couple of paragraphs that explain why my wife is not a threat etc...

Hopefully things move forward soon because it is killing us. 

As you may already know, we are considering Sudan as an option to legally obtain a Sudanese citizenship; but we are worried that after going through this , they place us on AP again or not give us the chance for another interview. No lawyers know what to do. 

Our plan now is to get my wife to Turkey and I will be travelling back and forth. I am also looking into getting her to Mexico to live close to California so that I can visit every month or so. we will see! 

5 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

I noticed you are pretty active :) 

I have to admit that I made a mistake by not doing what the guy who received the visa did, which was get a lawyer to apply for the waiver prior to going to the interview! 

I have seen multiple examples as you mentioned; but most of them had a story. So hopefully you are right about the AP. I am hoping they will take into account that I am a USC. It is very ironic man, I work for Uncle Sam! yet, uncle Sam is keeping me apart from my wife! 

One thing that makes me a bit relieved is that I sent them the answers to their 10 questions twice and from what I could notice on the status, they updated my case twice after the interview. In my second communication where I added more information in the answers sheet, I wrote a couple of paragraphs that explain why my wife is not a threat etc...

Hopefully things move forward soon because it is killing us. 

As you may already know, we are considering Sudan as an option to legally obtain a Sudanese citizenship; but we are worried that after going through this , they place us on AP again or not give us the chance for another interview. No lawyers know what to do. 

Our plan now is to get my wife to Turkey and I will be travelling back and forth. I am also looking into getting her to Mexico to live close to California so that I can visit every month or so. we will see! 

You know, I've seen so many people spend so much money and make such significant life altering decisions on basis of the lack of transparency around this process its mind boggling. What I would really recommend if you CAN, just wait it out 6 more months. I have a strong feeling this will all get resolved. Before you do the sudan thing, or any other major expense, just wait for the outcome of emami vs neilsen (google it). I know its hard to just wait and do nothing, and some circumstances might require immediate action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your family, but if do not have urgent pressing conditions, waiting 1 year after interview and then looking into a writ might be a good option. Although I have a strong feeling that things will get better as time goes by. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, salhasl said:

You know, I've seen so many people spend so much money and make such significant life altering decisions on basis of the lack of transparency around this process its mind boggling. What I would really recommend if you CAN, just wait it out 6 more months. I have a strong feeling this will all get resolved. Before you do the sudan thing, or any other major expense, just wait for the outcome of emami vs neilsen (google it). I know its hard to just wait and do nothing, and some circumstances might require immediate action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your family, but if do not have urgent pressing conditions, waiting 1 year after interview and then looking into a writ might be a good option. Although I have a strong feeling that things will get better as time goes by. 

Right, thousands of people are going through unnecessary ordeals because of the orange dummy in the  office :(

Hopefully things get better soon. Today I came back from the Congressman office; I thought " why not give it a shot through the congressman!

There is an open forum for the congressman today as well; I will go ahead and attend it and talk about my situation and the waiver thing in this ban!  

I’m glad a thread was created for travel ban cases. I am currently waiting for an interview for my spouse in Malaysia. I haven’t heard any new news for cases interviewed after the ban was ruled. If anything is new, I will be updating this thread. 

6 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Right, thousands of people are going through unnecessary ordeals because of the orange dummy in the  office :(

Hopefully things get better soon. Today I came back from the Congressman office; I thought " why not give it a shot through the congressman!

There is an open forum for the congressman today as well; I will go ahead and attend it and talk about my situation and the waiver thing in this ban!  

How was the congressman forum? I know its a long shot but did they know anything? Also ive sent you a couple pms pls check once you get a moment.

Timeline

I talked to the Congressman; he is pretty involved in the immigration issue; But I do not think he can do that much. However, I intend to attend another forum tomorrow that belongs to my town and I intend to raise more awareness about the travel ban to all the audience

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel emami vs neilsen is pretty much useless at this point. We can infer everything they are asking for from information people are posting  - that they are not denying spouse/IR, they are simply putting everyone between 16 and 65 into AP with a donkey SAO. All numbers are meaningless, the only thing that determines how long it will take is how long the donkey SAO takes. Which is as confusing a blackhole as it always has been and this case will get no clarity on that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.