T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, KYICGM said:

i guess im gonna have to wait then 🤷🏻‍♀️ I hope it works soon. 🙏🏻 And i dont like using the new account cause it has the dates all wrong 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

What is the new and old account to check the status of my application?

21 minutes ago, Da&Ma said:

What is the new and old account to check the status of my application?

This is the new one https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and this is the old one https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since Christmas is next week I am assuming that shipping will be delayed and I will not receive my EAD card until January (hopefully sooner). But I was wondering if any of you would know or have traveled inside the US and encountered an internal CBP checkpoint ( they are inside the US, usually located close to border cities).

If so, which documents should I take to show my legal status? I haven't left El Paso since submitting my AOS because I was scared of those checkpoints but there's a trip next week that I really want to go..

10 minutes ago, Alegaga said:

Since Christmas is next week I am assuming that shipping will be delayed and I will not receive my EAD card until January (hopefully sooner). But I was wondering if any of you would know or have traveled inside the US and encountered an internal CBP checkpoint ( they are inside the US, usually located close to border cities).

If so, which documents should I take to show my legal status? I haven't left El Paso since submitting my AOS because I was scared of those checkpoints but there's a trip next week that I really want to go..

IMO:

1)K1 Visa Stamp that proves when you entered the US and that you did enter legally on a K1 visa.

2)Marriage Certificate that proves you complied with marrying within the 90 days.

3)NOA1 Receipt Notice for your pending I485.

Timeline

At 133 days today... I am getting really impatient and nervous! Just feels like the good old K1 times lol 🤯

Is it worth calling USCIS already? I would looooove to start working again soon - why are they making it so hard for us 😅? Anyone else out here still waiting for their combo card?!

3 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

At 133 days today... I am getting really impatient and nervous! Just feels like the good old K1 times lol 🤯

Is it worth calling USCIS already? I would looooove to start working again soon - why are they making it so hard for us 😅? Anyone else out here still waiting for their combo card?!

The cut off date for an inquiry at the NBC for I765 and I131 is July 5th. So you're almost there but not quite😉

Edited by K1visaHopeful

10 hours ago, Bianca89 said:

Yes, still waiting too! Driving me crazy 😩. Enjoy the holidays :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bianca89 said:

20 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The cut off date for an inquiry at the NBC for I765 and I131 is July 5th. So you're almost there but not quite😉

I won't even bother. You're a mid August filer

U will get the spiel that it takes 4-6 months and no one will bother putting in inquiry for you prior to the 6 month mark
Which is February for y'all. Some folks in May/June are barely getting answers.

Keep busy.

Time crawls but it will pass.

I'll say August filers hopefully should be getting their happy news this month and January?

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 4:04 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

IMO:

1)K1 Visa Stamp that proves when you entered the US and that you did enter legally on a K1 visa.

2)Marriage Certificate that proves you complied with marrying within the 90 days.

3)NOA1 Receipt Notice for your pending I485.

Or just do like my wife when they ask "US citizens?" She said yes, while I was with all my papers and ready to get stopped for 30mn 😂

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To all those who are patiently/eagerly waiting for our combo cards and interview letters, i suggest to get a Nintendo switch and buy a bunch of fun games! They are so much fun and they will keep you entertained the whole day. You won't even think of any paperwork you're waiting for. :D Get the Just Dance game, it's a good workout and it's so much fun! Get the mario games! It's very nostalgic! :D Also, try make a bunch of recipes online even if you're not a good cook. That'll keep you busy during the day while you wait for your hubby/wifey to get home from work. Have a Merry Christmas everybody and Have a wonderful New Year! :D 

1 hour ago, Oksmanoks said:

To all those who are patiently/eagerly waiting for our combo cards and interview letters, i suggest to get a Nintendo switch and buy a bunch of fun games! They are so much fun and they will keep you entertained the whole day. You won't even think of any paperwork you're waiting for. :D Get the Just Dance game, it's a good workout and it's so much fun! Get the mario games! It's very nostalgic! :D Also, try make a bunch of recipes online even if you're not a good cook. That'll keep you busy during the day while you wait for your hubby/wifey to get home from work. Have a Merry Christmas everybody and Have a wonderful New Year! :D 

Its a good thing that we just got one of those yesterday 😂 i was a little hesitant about getting it but now im sure we made the right choice lol Merry Christmas to you too and a Happy New Year ! 

Timeline
On 12/21/2018 at 1:15 PM, KYICGM said:

Thanks! Do you know which one is updating faster? For me the new one doesn't show any updates since filing....so for me the old one is way faster....

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Timeline

Does anyone expedite the EAD based on a pending job offer? 

I am a late August filer (NOA date 30th August). I am supposed to start working on the 21st of January amd based on visajourney I should get the approval between the 10th and the 21st January. So is it worth it / faster to expedite the EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.