T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Dee28 said:

Congrats to you and your hubby, happy for you guys and congrats on the baby. I’m still waiting for and interview date since sept 2018. Loosing hope 

Thank you so much!!

Don't lose hope hun. NYC is backlogged but your time is coming! At least you two are going through this part of the process together!!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

21 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

GREEN CARD RECEIVED AND IN HAND!!!

Good luck to everyone and good luck to those still waiting! Your time is coming!!!

Until ROC Filing in 2021.... peace out USCIS!!!!

So happy for you, I’m so jealous 😩 hope I get good news soon

I had my gc interview yesterday in Cleveland June 25  at 1:00 pm it lasted 45 mins and everything went great.  The Officer was nice and funny i brought with me a big heavy folder, medical exams and my album with more than 100 pictures and he didnt ask to see any papers just the album cause he loves looking at pictures he just asked me the yes and no questions  and a few questions to my husband the US Citizen about me like my dob, my parents name how we met and how many times he  went to visit me at my country and what plans he had for the future for us. At the end of Interview he said everything was good and my case was held for review but it was just procedure he said. We went home and 5 hours later my case updated to new card is being produced  😁😁😁. I wish you all good luck with your journey And thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, We had our interview today in Orlando Fl. On June 5, 2019, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. The appointment was for 720 am. We didn't wait long. Joel was our interviewer, he was serious with his questions. Pretty basic questions, we were expecting more intense questions. Cuz of age difference. We brought pictures of wedding and places we visited, Christening pictures too with all three of us in them. He asked to keep about 15 of them. He asked for my 2018 tax forms which included Moesha and my Daughter has dependents, asked for mail sent to our address, any utility bills, lease agreement with our names on it. We didn't have utility and lease bills I explained to him we staying with relatives until we figure where we want to live. Copies of marriage and birth certificates for Moesha and Daughter. But we had cell bills with our names on it and bank letter with joint account.  Then he asked if we had any questions and Moesha asked him how long it would take to get approval, he said he has to review everything and said they are far behind so it could take months. I said that we asking that because Moesha wants to go to school for nursing and work part time and get our Daughter in child care and school. I hope we hear sooner than months, but we happy we got through interview.

There wasn't that many people at that hour waiting maybe 20. Keep you all posted !

We did get Moeshas work card yesterday.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

It's good to see people completing their AOS near the 1 year mark, especially in the NYC area where we are.

We filed in August 2018 but had two RFIE's and only got  'Case Ready for Interview' in mid-June so still waiting. 

Looks like we may be the last of the August 2018 AOS filers to post in this thread.

Edited by PRC Rabbit

3 hours ago, PRC Rabbit said:

It's good to see people completing their AOS near the 1 year mark, especially in the NYC area where we are.

We filed in August 2018 but had two RFIE's and only got  'Case Ready for Interview' in mid-June so still waiting. 

Looks like we may be the last of the August 2018 AOS filers to post in this thread.

My wife and I are in the same boat with San Francisco, although got the case ready for interview in Oct 2018. So, you and I are still in this together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone! Anyone here adjusting from K1 and waiting for interview at San Jose Local Field Office?

I checked the stats here in VisaJourney and the last update from SJ-USCIS office is last July. I am just wondering if our local office is having a major back log.

• 3 months later...

Better late than never, but we got our Interview Scheduled Notice on Dec 4, 2019 for an interview on Jan 8, 2020 in San Francisco. Arrived at the interview about 15 mins early, cleared security, checked in. Waited for 20 minutes. Interview was straightforward and the officer did not ask for much. Opened with do we have any new materials to submit. We gave a new medical check, which was not needed, but the officer took it anyways, and new photos from the wedding and photos of us thereafter. The officer asked how we met and she made notes about it, and had my wife verify everything in the I-485 form she submitted (I prepared it). We were out after 30 minutes. Total time was probably just over 1 hour.

Next day, green card was reported to be approved online. A few days later, the notice of action came, and 1 week later after that the green card came.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.