T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You dont have to be so literal. The courtesy letter is very common and it wouldnt matter anyways because, like I said, it doesnt apply to K1s who submitted the unexpired medical at POE.

haha I was just kidding.. :D I think most of the time everyone worries way TOO MUCH because all we do is wait for info from USCIS and then we overthink everything.. lol 

We made it this far and it should not be an issue for us unless the relationship is fake or something like that.. 

Let's all enjoy this beautiful time of the year! I think I read on this thread or another one that next year at this time we wish we would be able to get time off.. 🎄

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

15 minutes ago, Joselio said:

It's my understanding that the DS-3025 is valid for 1 year, so if it's over that time you should bring the I-693 completed to the interview.....

The DS3025 doesnt have a validity other than the vaccinations completed on it need to be what was required for you determined by your age group and prior vaccination record AT THE TIME OF THE MEDICAL EXAM. Your DS3025 IS tied to your medical though and would need to be replaced by a I693 if it was filled out longer than one year ago from the date of applying for AOS and you were using it to satisfy the vaccination requirement.

If by chance, USCIS comes up with some requirement that a new vaccine is required for your age group by the time you get your interview, it does not matter because the ones you received at the time of your medical were the ones required.

Ie if you received your medical during non flu season and did not get the flu shot because it was not available, the adjudicator cannot require you to get a flu shot if you applied for AOS during flu season OR had your interview during flu season. You getting the flu shot was not a requirement at the time of the year you did your medical therefore you are not required to fulfill the flu shot requirement.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The DS3025 doesnt have a validity other than the vaccinations completed on it need to be what was required for you determined by your age group and prior vaccination record AT THE TIME OF THE MEDICAL EXAM. Your DS3025 IS tied to your medical though and would need to be replaced by a I693 if it was filled out longer than one year ago from the date of applying for AOS and you were using it to satisfy the vaccination requirement.

If by chance, USCIS comes up with some requirement that a new vaccine is required for your age group by the time you get your interview, it does not matter because the ones you received at the time of your medical were the ones required.

Ie if you received your medical during non flu season and did not get the flu shot because it was not available, the adjudicator cannot require you to get a flu shot if you applied for AOS during flu season OR had your interview during flu season. You getting the flu shot was not a requirement at the time of the year you did your medical therefore you are not required to fulfill the flu shot requirement.

Thank you so much! Sometimes it is just annoying that USCIS doesn't have a strict process....some people receive the letter some people don't. That creates the feeling of uncertainty. I am glad that visajourney exists and people like you! 👏

Now I am kind of excited if my EAD arrives before my interview....:D

Thanks again! :)

26 minutes ago, Da&Ma said:

Thank you so much! Sometimes it is just annoying that USCIS doesn't have a strict process....some people receive the letter some people don't. That creates the feeling of uncertainty. I am glad that visajourney exists and people like you! 👏

Now I am kind of excited if my EAD arrives before my interview....:D

Thanks again! :)

Meh, just consider this one a piece of junk mail.

Happy Holidays!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Da&Ma said:

Congrats!

My interview is also scheduled on Janaury 10th in Boston. :)

I am not sure about the medical exam though. I did my medical exam back in Germany (Freiburg) in April. I had all necessry vaccinations (except the flu shot) and I sent the DS-3025 in our AOS package to USCIS. However, shortly after submitting I received a letter of courtesey from USCIS saying that I didn't provide the I-693 (medical exam)....It also says that evidence might be necessary for the interview. Now I am not sure if I have to redo the medical exam to be on the safe side for the interview. Ayone else with the same problem?

Thanks! :)

Greetings from Massachusetts!

That’s awesome! And relatively quick for Boston! 

Did you receive an update on the app or just the letter in the mail? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, MariaUSA90 said:

everyone? I guess I missed this letter.. when was I suppose to get this? 

I didn't get it either haha.

But what I did get was my interview letter!

Interview is the 8th of January, submitted my AOS application the 26th of august or something like that. 

I was going to ask about the flu shot, but you're not required to get one if your medical wasn't in flu season, right?

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

3 minutes ago, vincebu said:

I didn't get it either haha.

But what I did get was my interview letter!

Interview is the 8th of January, submitted my AOS application the 26th of august or something like that. 

I was going to ask about the flu shot, but you're not required to get one if your medical wasn't in flu season, right?

Right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 3:27 PM, Little_Vixen said:

I wonder why everyone is so anxious to get 'back home'. I have been at home in my new country since day one and never felt homesick for one day and I have been here for almost 4 months now. Yes I'd love to go out to lunch with my mom but we message and video chat regularly. Even if my EAD or greencard came in today I wouldn't be going back for at least another 6 months. Is it me? Has my homesickness just not hit yet? 

I don't think people are anxious to get 'back home.' Changes can be difficult, especially if they come all at once and immigration imposes more restrictions to your new life, even if it's temporarily.  We are all in the same process but we come from different cultures and backgrounds. Good for you that you haven't felt homesick! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 3:27 PM, Little_Vixen said:

I wonder why everyone is so anxious to get 'back home'. I have been at home in my new country since day one and never felt homesick for one day and I have been here for almost 4 months now. Yes I'd love to go out to lunch with my mom but we message and video chat regularly. Even if my EAD or greencard came in today I wouldn't be going back for at least another 6 months. Is it me? Has my homesickness just not hit yet? 

If it was your mom who was going to have surgery at the end of January at age 71, I'm pretty sure you would want to go back to be with her too. 

Count your lucky stars.

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Just-in-case18 said:

That’s awesome! And relatively quick for Boston! 

Did you receive an update on the app or just the letter in the mail? 

I just received the letter. In the app it still says that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

My EAD and AP is still on the state 'Case received'....is that suppose to change at some point? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, Da&Ma said:

I just received the letter. In the app it still says that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

My EAD and AP is still on the state 'Case received'....is that suppose to change at some point? 

Nope,sometimes they just don't have to update it online,but they do system maintenance every Wednesday so it could update,but  seriously though if I got my letter I wouldn't give a s*** what online says,just tired of waiting,I can't get out of the house which makes me go mental my mind is used to working,excuse my language.

Uscis has had a new website for a while(1.6 yrs old)but you have to sign in I bet your case is updated on that one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Does USCIS prioritize marriage based AOS applications over non marriage based AOS applications  (Family sponsorship, DACA etc.) ?  For example lets says if a marriage based application has a priority date of 8/15/18 for a particular field office, and if the same office has multiple AOS applications via family sponsorship with PD's before 8/15, then will USCIS invite the marriage based AOS for an interview before the other applications ?

I know the USCIS processing time website says that they process applications in the order they receive them, but spoke to a colleague of mine (sponsored his wife for Green card) who says otherwise. Also, the web says that marriage based applications are given the highest priority.

Thoughts anyone ?

40 minutes ago, BBII said:

Does USCIS prioritize marriage based AOS applications over non marriage based AOS applications  (Family sponsorship, DACA etc.) ?  For example lets says if a marriage based application has a priority date of 8/15/18 for a particular field office, and if the same office has multiple AOS applications via family sponsorship with PD's before 8/15, then will USCIS invite the marriage based AOS for an interview before the other applications ?

I know the USCIS processing time website says that they process applications in the order they receive them, but spoke to a colleague of mine (sponsored his wife for Green card) who says otherwise. Also, the web says that marriage based applications are given the highest priority.

Thoughts anyone ?

My thoughts are the same as yours. Marriage based AOS applicants do not have wait for a (what's the word? Not Visa...spot...opening in the immigrant pool....I think you know what I mean but I cant think of the correct term. Fill it in please). 

I have also seen that many applicants in slower processing states are getting interviews at about half the time reported on USCIS for minimum processing times. It doesnt mean that they WILL process MB's over everything else but it seems to be the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, BBII said:

Thoughts anyone ?

For my office (harlingen) the overall processing time is 6.5 to 21.5

But at the bottom there's 2 lines that separate work and family based application processing times. And family based are processed faster.

Screenshot 2018-12-14 16.05.32.png

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Alright, is anyone aware of this latest development?? Interview waiver for I-751 (Conditions removal on permanent residence based on marriage). This article seems to be promising !

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article223067055.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.