1,939 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, RobDean said:

Hello everyone, we submitted Aos on the 30th of june, got to chicago on the 2nd july and still no NoA1. I called them and they said they have nothing no information, so im a little worried! Any other july 2 fieler? 

Mine got there on June 28th and I haven't heard anything either. I think they're just being mismatched about the order they process things in. I've read not to get worried until after 30 days. :) 

Hard Copies came through today.

Filed July 2nd 

Received July 3rd

Electronic NOA1’s July 11th

Hard NOA1’s (at our apt on July 14th) Notice Date of - July 9th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all! My husband and I married on 6/16/18! We will be filing our paperwork for AOS by the end of next week. I am the petitioner and my husband is the beneficiary. What are your thoughts on me changing my last name to his? Should I wait until after we go to interview. Or can I start the name change process right before we mail off the paperwork? I was told I can start the name change process now and put my married name on the AOS paperwork, but I'm afraid it may delay things. Thanks in advance.

Edited by naija_glam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, naija_glam said:

Hello all! My husband and I married on 6/16/18! We will be filing our paperwork for AOS by the end of next week. I am the petitioner and my husband is the beneficiary. What are your thoughts on me changing my last name to his? Should I wait until after we go to interview. Or can I start the name change process right before we mail off the paperwork? I was told I can start the name change process now and put my married name on the AOS paperwork, but I'm afraid it may delay things. Thanks in advance.

Yes, use your married name.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone! We finally applied for AOS/EAD/AP yesterday, 90 days to the day of John’s arrival! Fingers crossed for a quick return. I saw it was taking an average 4 months for EAD/AP. I’ll take that over the 10 months it took for the Visa lol. 

Good luck everyone! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 7:26 PM, Lucy123123 said:

That's a good question 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, emekus94 said:

It should have been (c)(9)
At this point, you can't do anything since you already sent your package.
U cannot send things to USCIS unless they ask for it because otherwise, that creates massive documents back and forth and they won't be able to keep track of what documents go with what case.
So just sit tight for now-
If you get an RFE, then you can correct it then. It's an easy mistake :D

#######! We put (a)(6). 

Does that mean if they process under (a)(6) we'll have to pay the fee to get a (c)(9) application processed. I'm kicking myself right now! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, John and Janay said:

#######! We put (a)(6). 

Does that mean if they process under (a)(6) we'll have to pay the fee to get a (c)(9) application processed. I'm kicking myself right now! 

errrrr
I legit don't even know what (a)(6) means and what the repercussions are if one were to pick that. 
I just asked on VJ before submitting mine and the consensus was (c)(9)

perhaps @LizM knows?

6 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

errrrr
I legit don't even know what (a)(6) means and what the repercussions are if one were to pick that. 

perhaps @LizM knows?

I just know (c)(9) is correct for people AOSing from K1.

If you fill out the wrong one, I think they will catch it pretty soon as you have other places to fill out you're a K1. If that means RFIE or wrong fee - don't know, but honestly it might just mean nothing happens. I will do some browsing and get back if I find another similar case :)

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

errrrr

perhaps @LizM knows?

(a)(6) means that you are filing as a K1 visa holder and not as somebody who is AOS-ing. K1 Visa holders could get EAD if the processing time would be short.... The EAD would be valid for 90 days and not renewable.

"K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen or K-2 Dependent--(a)(6). File Form I-765 if you are filing
within 90 days from the date of entry. This EAD cannot be renewed. Any EAD application other than for a
replacement must be based on your pending application for adjustment under (c)(9)."

The quote is from the instructions of I-765 form.  (https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-765instr.pdf?download=1)

Honestly don't know what will happen. Probably they reject it because of the wrong fee?. If you file under (a)(6) there is no fee wavier afaik.

If that happens you can refile it for free under the (c)(9) and sending a copy of NOA1 of the I-485

Edited by ineedadisplayname

23 hours ago, John and Janay said:

#######! We put (a)(6). 

It seems that some people who had done this before were able to change the code by calling the "National Customer Service Center", which, I'm assuming is the USCIS Contact Center (https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter). Infopass apparently won't help as the local office cannot request to have this information changed.

I would try this if I were you. How much did you write the check for?

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
35 minutes ago, LizM said:

It seems that some people who had done this before were able to change the code by calling the "National Customer Service Center", which, I'm assuming is the USCIS Contact Center (https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter). Infopass apparently won't help as the local office cannot request to have this information changed.

I would try this if I were you. How much did you write the check for?

You are our new @naes  LOL  Thank you :)  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.