1,939 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Fredd said:

To all the July 3rd filer here, I know that USCIS received our cases on July 6, but does anybody of us (July 3 filer) already received their noa1?

I mailed on July-3 and they received on July-6. I got email and texts of NOA for all 3 cases late night on July-11. Hope it helps.

21 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

Just asking guys if all of you attach wedding pictures in AOS package? Because I didn't 😔 it bothers me a lot now. 

I did not. I read that they focus very much on primary evidence at the green card interview, such as joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills etc. And since we did not have any of that, I didn't submit any pictures either. 

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, LizM said:

I did not. I read that they focus very much on primary evidence at the green card interview, such as joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint utility bills etc. And since we did not have any of that, I didn't submit any pictures either. 

Oh ok thanks... as much as we want to open joint account and joint utility bills they don't allow us coz I don't have any state id or proof of residency here in Michigan it is really impossible for us even the new vehicle we purchased that is for me we can't put name coz I don't have a driver license yet. I will wait for my combo card we will try to use it as my state id to have those accounts before our green card interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jemilyn said:

Just asking guys if all of you attach wedding pictures in AOS package? Because I didn't 😔 it bothers me a lot now. 

46 minutes ago, LizM said:

Yea-
Likewise, I did not
Just like with K1 interview, it's your job to convince CO for GC
So we will have pics and all other supporting docs at interview.

Don't worry! Many of us send off AOS package right after marriage so it's understandable those documents are not ready ye=

37 minutes ago, Jemilyn said:

Seems like they process faster the AOS nowadays... that's a good news... Filling k1 visa is been 9 months well on my case. 🤭

Really?
Where did you see that?
It might be office specific. I know many waiting 9+ months for GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

Yea-
Likewise, I did not
Just like with K1 interview, it's your job to convince CO for GC
So we will have pics and all other supporting docs at interview.

Don't worry! Many of us send off AOS package right after marriage so it's understandable those documents are not ready ye=

Really?
Where did you see that?
It might be office specific. I know many waiting 9+ months for GC

Been reading May and June aos filers seems like they got interview schedule faster... anyway yeah it depends what state you are... as far as i know Detroit is not that busy office so I might be some of those lucky ones 🤭 hoping and praying coz I really want to start to go to school 

Timeline
Just now, Jemilyn said:

Been reading May and June aos filers seems like they got interview schedule faster... anyway yeah it depends what state you are... as far as i know Detroit is not that busy office so I might be some of those lucky ones 🤭 hoping and praying coz I really want to start to go to school 

Well then
I hope that is a trend that is here to stay!
I would love to have my GC by xmas!! :dancing:

Good luck to us

Timeline
11 hours ago, BnL said:

Hi all. 

Just filed my i485 packet today with i765 and i131.

We are k1 filing for AOS after getting married on 07/03. 

For i765 Q20 I put (a)(6) but reading your comments above I think I should've put (c)(9)...?

Can anyone advise if this can be corrected - should I just resubmit my i765 when I get my NOA 1 for the i485? 

Did so much work prepping & checking documents I'm hoping I can resolve. 

Thanks!

It should have been (c)(9)
At this point, you can't do anything since you already sent your package.
U cannot send things to USCIS unless they ask for it because otherwise, that creates massive documents back and forth and they won't be able to keep track of what documents go with what case.
So just sit tight for now-
If you get an RFE, then you can correct it then. It's an easy mistake :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jemilyn said:

We put a couple wedding photos in there with the wedding certificate but that's mostly because we had so little else  to include. 

Wedding pictures are nice but they're not proof of a bona fide relationship really.  The only other thing we had, apart from the marriage certificate, is a health insurance card from my husband's employer showing that he has put me on his insurance so I can go to the doctor or dentist now if I need to.

Don't worry though. Once you get your joint bank account and other such things, you can present that at the GC interview. Those are taking many months now, so we have plenty of time to take care of it.

Good luck :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Accidentally posted in the 2017 forum, so I will try this again! 

My fiance arrived in the US on July 3, we married July 6, and filed for AOS, EAD, and AP on July 10.  (She filed for her SSN on July 5 without any problems).  The package was delivered Thursday, so now the waiting begins again!  I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of Summer 2017 filers and Spring 2018 NOA2 people posting good news. - Jason

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi all :)

Looks like I am joining the July month of AOS filers. Sent the package in today, estimated delivery date is Monday, so probably will get NOA1 this month :D

Timeline
2 hours ago, batcher said:

Hello everyone! We sent our AOS packet via Fedex it was delivered on july 9  Chicago Lockbox. Whats the general Noa1 for USCIS? 5 days?

Sounds about right
It's hard to tell.
But typically, it seems an e-mail/text is being sent out (if you attached the notification form) around 3-5 days after packet is received and then actual NOA1 in mailboxes after that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.