Veronica0313

Philipina married to an American US Army Applying B2 Visa

52 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Roel said:

OP doesn't have a green card and apparently is too busy to apply for spouse visa. Even though she wants one. She's asking if she has a chance for torusit visa 

I understand

I am explaining to her the best way I have seen it done in Philippines with couples who didn't do a K1 or wanted to live in Philippines and wanted to get approved for a Tourist Visa.

Long drawn out process but it is the best way to get approved for a Tourist Visa

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

19 minutes ago, Roel said:

I'm going to be blunt - so that means you won't join your husband until your mother pass away?

And why do you need properties in the Philippines if you're goal is to move to the US?

Those are the type of questions that you might be asked in the Embassy.

We're not saying you don't have a change. But it's a tiny one.

And last thing from me  - South Korea is NOT a deployment. It's just a duty station. ;)

Sir my husband has been 23 years in the US Army  theres a lot of military who get deployment in South Korea. My husband plan is to retire and move to the Philippines. i would be able to get dual Citizenship if i get  US Citizenship someday.

Edited by Veronica0313

1 minute ago, Chris Duffy said:

I understand

I am explaining to her the best way I have seen it done in Philippines with couples who didn't do a K1 or wanted to live in Philippines and wanted to get approved for a Tourist Visa.

Long drawn out process but it is the best way to get approved for a Tourist Visa

I still don't understand. You're telling her to get a green card first then abandon it and then she'll have a chance for a toursit visa. 

OP and her husband aren't filling for spouse visa because they are too busy for it apparently. Do you think they have time to apply for spouse vida, get a green card and then abandon it even though sometime in a figure OP wants to move to the US? 

Sorry but your advice makes little sense here. :P

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

3 minutes ago, Veronica0313 said:

Sir my husband has been 23 years in the US Army  theres a lot of military who get deployment in South Korea. My husband plan is to retire and move to the Philippines. i would be able to get dual Visa if i get  US Citizen someday.

Oh for hells sake. If you'd say at first that you don't care about a green card because your husband is moving to the Philippines  anyway, I wouldn't waste this much time with my posts. 

And no. South Korea is not deployment country. 

Anyway. Your chances for tourist visa are still small with all evidences show that you'll stay in the US. 

God I wish people would include all info in their first post. 

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

3 minutes ago, Roel said:

I still don't understand. You're telling her to get a green card first then abandon it and then she'll have a chance for a toursit visa. 

OP and her husband aren't filling for spouse visa because they are too busy for it apparently. Do you think they have time to apply for spouse vida, get a green card and then abandon it even though sometime in a figure OP wants to move to the US? 

Sorry but your advice makes little sense here. :P

She has slim to none chance of getting approved for a Tourist Visa.

If she/he wants a tourist visa to just visit USA from time to time, the best way is to get spousal visa approved, get greencard and then physically turn it into the US Embassy in Manila.

Then apply for Tourist Visa, that would be best chance.

Not everyone wants to live in USA, I know many who have moved to Philippines instead of living in USA

32 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

The married couple I know whom have had success in getting a Tourist Visa with marrying a kano and living in Philippines.  They did the spousal visa and received the greencard.

They went to USA so family members could meet the new bride, after they returned to Philippines they went to the US Embassy in Manila and turned in the greencard. 

Later they applied for a Tourist Visa and was approved.

Why would they want to turn in the greencard?  They intend to live in the Philippines indefinitely?  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

For you to get citizenship in the US you will have to have a green card for at least three years while living in the US for that time. If that is your intent you need to start moving on the green card process as you are looking at at least 4-5 years from now to obtain US citizenship.

Obtaining a tourist visa from the Philippines if difficult at best and with a USC spouse living in the US it will be almost impossible. You have lots of reasons to remain in the US but none to return to the Philippines. 

11 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

Why would they want to turn in the greencard?  They intend to live in the Philippines indefinitely?  

They would like the chance to go USA for Family events like wedding or sickness or death, or take vacations to see places like Disneyland or Hawaii or Las Vegas or New York

Just now, Chris Duffy said:

They would like the chance to go USA for Family events like wedding or sickness or death, or take vacations to see places like Disneyland or Hawaii or Las Vegas or New York

Oh. I didn’t know that since it was not stated. You must know them personally. Thanks for giving me all the facts. B-)

People have properties in other countries, so having investment properties might not be enough of a tie. Do you have a full-time job? 

You should apply for the visitor visa. If you get it, you can go visit. If you do not get it, then you would need to start thinking of a different scenario, probably apply for a green card if you want to be together. It takes 12-14 months and you can postpone it a bit longer by getting an interview at the consulate as late as possible, you might be able to delay it 2 years as long as you keep the consulate informed that you still want it. 

I think what people are trying to tell you is that (1) Life is going to pass you by if you really want to be married (2) If you live apart for a long time, it will be difficult for you to prove that you have a bona fide marriage, particularly if you cannot visit him due to not having a visitor visa, which might make getting a spousal visa difficult.

3 hours ago, Veronica0313 said:

and i have real state here to take care in the Philippines and to own properties here i must be a citizen of the Philippines. 

My wife has properties in the PI.  She's about to go to her naturalization interview and will apply back for PI dual citizenship once naturalized here.

Not really an issue that would keep you from applying for CR1 / IR1

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Veronica0313 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and I'm married to an American Soldier. We met and got married months ago when we were in South Korea. I just got back to the Philippines two months ago. My husband wants me to get a tourist B2 visa to visit him for one to two months. We didn't apply for a spousal visa yet, because my husband got very busy at work and he just got back in the US from his deployment in South Korea. Now I want to know if the paper works that I will present for a B2 visa is enough to convince the US Embassy Officer that I will return in spite of an obvious immigrant intent? And what are the Possible Question and problem that i might encounter in presenting my documents?

1. Philippine passport

2. US MIlitary Dependent I.D Card 

3. Marriage License 

4.Deer's Enrollment Certificate

5.Tricare Enrollment Certificate

6.Husband Military Compensation

7.Bank statement/ Bank book

8. 3 Real States Investment Contracts in my name  ( 10 months more to complete the payment and get the Tittle on my name)

9. House Construction Permit and Pictures of properties under contraction.

10.NBI Police Clearance

cleardot.gif

Your chances for a visitor visa is zero.

The ties above are predominantly with the US.

The US Embassy will view your visitor visa application as an attempt to use a visitor visa to immigrate rather than wait 12-14 months for the spousal visa.  Many people have tried this and many more will attempt this - use a visitor visa to immigrate fast.  You will be lumped in with these people regardless of your intentions because your situation looks like theirs.

You mentioned "obvious immigrant intent."  Then, you said your husband will go live in the PI.  Then, you said you hope to get dual US citizenship.  Um, you realize that to get US citizenship, you will need a green card for 3 years and living in the US with your husband right?  See how your story has inconsistencies?  

I am a military wife (Im filipino/Canadian) and my husband is in the US Navy. I suggest you get your paperwork done for you to move there instead. I really don't think they will issue you a visa to visit him because of the risk that you might not go back. Especially in the Trump immigration era, its becoming difficult to get visas... I've been waiting for my permanent residency (lifting green card conditions) for 10 months already and im already married to my husband and have been living here since May 2015.

I know about military husbands being busy, but if he really wants you here, he needs to start the immigration process, its very long trust me.

Our Story

- Met in May 2010

- Engaged Nov. 2011

- Moved to U.S. w/ K-1 visa May 2015

- Got Married Aug. 2015 (L):wub:

AOS

Forms Sent : Aug. 24, 2015

Received by office: Aug. 25, 2015

NOA (text/e-mail): Aug. 27, 2015

NOA (mail): Sept. 3, 2015

Biometrics: Sept. 23, 2015

EAD Approval: Oct. 30, 2015

EAD mailed: Nov. 4, 2015

I-797 notice: Nov. 5, 2015

EAD in hand: Nov. 6, 2015

Applied SSN: Nov. 10, 2015

GC approved: Nov. 24, 2015

GC mailed: Nov. 30, 2015

GC received: Dec. 2, 2015 :D

ROC

Filed ROC: August 30, 2017

NOA (mail): August 31, 2017

Biometrics: September 29, 2017 

*Eligible to file for naturalization (90 days): August 25th, 2018*

OP, a lot of naysayers here and sure, they may all be right but you will never know unless you try. 

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

5 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Oh. I didn’t know that since it was not stated. You must know them personally. Thanks for giving me all the facts. B-)

This question pops up time from time on some expat forums of US Citizens living in Philippines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.