Veronica0313

Philipina married to an American US Army Applying B2 Visa

52 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and I'm married to an American Soldier. We met and got married months ago when we were in South Korea. I just got back to the Philippines two months ago. My husband wants me to get a tourist B2 visa to visit him for one to two months. We didn't apply for a spousal visa yet, because my husband got very busy at work and he just got back in the US from his deployment in South Korea. Now I want to know if the paper works that I will present for a B2 visa is enough to convince the US Embassy Officer that I will return in spite of an obvious immigrant intent? And what are the Possible Question and problem that i might encounter in presenting my documents?

1. Philippine passport

2. US MIlitary Dependent I.D Card 

3. Marriage License 

4.Deer's Enrollment Certificate

5.Tricare Enrollment Certificate

6.Husband Military Compensation

7.Bank statement/ Bank book

8. 3 Real States Investment Contracts in my name  ( 10 months more to complete the payment and get the Tittle on my name)

9. House Construction Permit and Pictures of properties under contraction.

10.NBI Police Clearance

cleardot.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Veronica0313 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm from the Philippines and I'm married to an American Soldier. We met and got married months ago when we were in South Korea. I just got back to the Philippines two months ago. My husband wants me to get a tourist B2 visa to visit him for one to two months. We didn't apply for a spousal visa yet, because my husband got very busy at work and he just got back in the US from his deployment in South Korea. Now I want to know if the paper works that I will present for a B2 visa is enough to convince the US Embassy Officer that I will return in spite of an obvious immigrant intent? And what are the Possible Question and problem that i might encounter in presenting my documents?

1. Philippine passport

2. US MIlitary Dependent I.D Card 

3. Marriage License 

4.Deer's Enrollment Certificate

5.Tricare Enrollment Certificate

6.Husband Military Compensation

7.Bank statement/ Bank book

8. 3 Real States Investment Contracts in my name  ( 10 months more to complete the payment and get the Tittle on my name)

9. House Construction Permit and Pictures of properties under contraction.

10.NBI Police Clearance

cleardot.gif

You need something to show you will be returning not why you would want to stay in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Veronica0313 said:
Hi Everyone,

We didn't apply for a spousal visa yet, because my husband got very busy at work and he just got back in the US from his deployment in South Korea.

cleardot.gif

I'm sorry but I don't understand this.  So you never intent to move together as a married couple? Sorry to break this to you, but he's going to be ALWASY busy in the army. There will always be work, field exercises, missions...

In my opinion your chances of getting a tourist visa in this situation are slim to none.

All the proofs you showed are proofs that should go to your spouse visa packet because they show your obvious ties to the US.

Just apply for the spouse visa. The sooner you do it, the sooner you move.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Spouse visa takes 12 - 14 months. Do you really want to delay that even more?

edit: also him being US Army doesn't give you any advantage either with B2 or CR1 visa. Just saying. ;)

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

None of those documents (except the passport, bank statements maybe, and property information, maybe) apply to a tourist visa. You need to show evidence that you intend to return, not that you have ties to the US (that goes against you).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

i got 3 real state contact properties on my name, this should be good right? because i need to finish my contact in 10 months then i can get the Land tittle change into my name. Which stating that i need to come back to my country.

Spouse visa in the Philippines is 12 to 24 months too long for me, we will get to do the spouse visa after my husband get to settle into his New base.Moving from other country  hit us a lot financially.

1 minute ago, Veronica0313 said:

Spouse visa in the Philippines is 12 to 24 months too long for me, we will get to do the spouse visa after my husband get to settle into his New base.Moving from other country  hit us a lot financially.

No matter when, the spouse visa will take a long time. Just saying that if the earlier you file, the sooner you will move.

Also just curious how did the move hit your guys financially...  ? Army pays for everything - starting with the plane flight up to household goods transport.

I'm more than sure during the interview you will be told that you need to apply for the spouse visa and you'll be refused the tourist visa - but please let us know how it went.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I agree with those who have stated the documents you listed will show intent to immigrate to the US, NOT strong ties to PI.  Those documents would do the opposite of what you want, imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

The married couple I know whom have had success in getting a Tourist Visa with marrying a kano and living in Philippines.  They did the spousal visa and received the greencard.

They went to USA so family members could meet the new bride, after they returned to Philippines they went to the US Embassy in Manila and turned in the greencard. 

Later they applied for a Tourist Visa and was approved.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

well eventually applying for a spousal visa  is  our plan  but currently that is not an option for us  because  my mother is elderly  and sick  and needs me here  to take care of her not to mention my husband and i have real state here to take care in the Philippines and to own properties here i must be a citizen of the Philippines. Also with the timeline of him just getting back from a deployment from South Korea, it hasn't worked out to apply for a spousal visa.

well eventually applying for a spousal visa  is  our plan  but currently that is not an option for us  because  my mother is elderly  and sick  and needs me here  to take care

I'm going to be blunt - so that means you won't join your husband until your mother pass away?

And why do you need properties in the Philippines if you're goal is to move to the US?

Those are the type of questions that you might be asked in the Embassy.

We're not saying you don't have a change. But it's a tiny one.

And last thing from me  - South Korea is NOT a deployment. It's just a duty station. ;)

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

8 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

The married couple I know whom have had success in getting a Tourist Visa with marrying a kano and living in Philippines.  They did the spousal visa and received the greencard.

They went to USA so family members could meet the new bride, after they returned to Philippines they went to the US Embassy in Manila and turned in the greencard. 

Later they applied for a Tourist Visa and was approved.

im sorry im confused none of thismake sense to me ,spousal?then they got greencard then they turn in their green card to us embassy in manila to apply for a tourist visa? 

im sorry im confused none of thismake sense to me ,spousal?then they got greencard then they turn in their green card to us embassy in manila to apply for a tourist visa? 

Correct

They had no desire to live in the USA,  They had a desire for the wife to go to the USA and meet the family and they wanted the option to travel to USA if needed in the future for vacation or family events.

If you get a greencard and live in Phlippines it would be considered abandoned, and no longer valid.  The pinay got a Tourist Visa with multiply entry allowed.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 minute ago, Chris Duffy said:

Correct

They had no desire to live in the USA,  They had a desire for the wife to go to the USA and meet the family and they wanted the option to travel to USA if needed in the future for vacation or family events.

If you get a greencard and live in Phlippines it would be considered abandoned, and no longer valid.  The pinay got a Tourist Visa with multiply entry allowed.

OP doesn't have a green card and apparently is too busy to apply for spouse visa. Even though she wants one. She's asking if she has a chance for torusit visa 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.