29 posts in this topic

my husband is in a detention center with ICE because he isn't legal. Were already in process with an approved I130, approved NVC fee's paid. We were only waiting on the pardon from Mexico then he was arrested. His lawyer says we can do a bond, file a I601a but he will need to do a voluntary deportation and finish papers there. They said anything between 3-8 month for this. Is this true? Hes been her over 10 years, no criminal history. His lawyer says we will get the bond approved but eventually he will need to leave for a little time. My husband is mad because he dont believe this is true. We dont know, most people we know have been deported due to crime not just because. We been married almost 2 years and I can not be with out him this long.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

He’s been here 10 years and done nothing wrong, it’s morally objectionable to deport him but the world is lacking good people nowadays and that’s why he’s going to need to be deported.

Apologies and good luck.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** one post edited.  Give the Op constructive advice or do not post. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, gpacheco16 said:

My husband is mad because he dont believe this is true. We dont know, most people we know have been deported due to crime not just because.

Your husband's lawyer is correct.  He needs to leave the US as right now he does not have legal basis to adjust from (he can't adjust through you now because he entered without inspection...if he entered WITH inspection, then he would have the legal basis to adjust through you as his spouse.)

He is not being advised by his lawyer to voluntarily deport/leave "just because"---he DID commit a crime by entering illegally, so he needs to leave FIRST if he ever wants to live in the US with legal status.  Since he remained in the US for 10 years he will trigger a ban once he leaves the States.  His lawyer can help him with the waiver if he is recommended for one by the CO in Mexico when he applies for a visa.  Chances of your husband being recommended for the waiver also can depend on whether he factually misrepresented himself when crossing the border initially (for instance if he claimed he was a US citizen, or if he used a fake passport). 

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

15 hours ago, gpacheco16 said:

my husband is in a detention center with ICE because he isn't legal. Were already in process with an approved I130, approved NVC fee's paid. We were only waiting on the pardon from Mexico then he was arrested. His lawyer says we can do a bond, file a I601a but he will need to do a voluntary deportation and finish papers there. They said anything between 3-8 month for this. Is this true? Hes been her over 10 years, no criminal history. His lawyer says we will get the bond approved but eventually he will need to leave for a little time. My husband is mad because he dont believe this is true. We dont know, most people we know have been deported due to crime not just because. We been married almost 2 years and I can not be with out him this long.

Well, suck it up because you're going to be separated for a while. Unless you mo be to the Mexico. 

He committed the crime - being ILLEGAL is a crime... and the lawyer is right. Doesn't happen often in VJ. :P

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

@NuestraUnion thank you. I’m seeing more and more people are taking my questions out of context and needing to be ignorant with their words. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to be in my situation at any point if they are going through Visa situation themselves. As for 2 years for the I-601A that’s a better understanding what I’m going to be going through so thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have a Plan B in place on the chance he does not get approved...I know that's not what you want to hear, but always good to consider all possible outcomes and game plans for each.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yes, he will be deported. Being here illegally for 10 years, and working, it's all grounds for deportation. You're saying he has no criminal history? Well, in my opinion, working illegally for 10 years is already a criminal history. So, they will send him back and he will return when his ban is over. Face the truth. Telling you the truth does not mean being rude and ignorant. Doing what he did (read above) is rude and ignorant. I wish you guys all the best, but you must follow the rules.

We own our own home, I have 3 kids that are in high school and am a successful business woman. Leaving isn’t an option for me only because of my kids. If I didn’t have my children I would go until he could come back. My question was not about facing anything,  this thread was only for advice if it’s avoidable not for any other negativity. If my husband has to leave for a few months after a 2 year waiting period from the I-601A that’s obtainable. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.