stringpuller

My Visa Journey thread

144 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I would recommend you keep all records of your chats, call logs, texts, emails, fb messages or (whatever social platform you communicate with her through). Make sure to print all pictures you have. Make copies of any money transfers, hotel reservations, vacations, trip itineraries, purchases/receipts, engagement party reservations, possible engagement ring pictures, credit cards, bank account, screen shot facebook relationship statuses, any proof of your relationship on social media is helpful WHATEVER YOU HAVE THAT LINKS YOU TO HER needs to be saved. 

Notarized affidavits from friends and family as well as pictures of social gatherings with friends and family are good also.  

She should take everything with her to the interview and make sure she knows tons of information about you for the interview!! Including  but not limited to: your car model/color, your job, your birthday, your siblings & parents & children's names locations etc, past relationships/marriages, your education (high schools, college names, locations), which bank you use and how much you have saved, any health issues, your 401k or retirement plan, your life insurance policy, your birthplace, your address, your income and whatever else you can think of. 

It may be a little hard to prove, but it has been done before. Use the criticism on this thread constructively and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Edited by Eternity1516
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

3 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Im already regretting comming here and posting. I think maybe ill hire somone to help get us through this process. I dont know we will see. 

The process is easy.  Just know that the visa Is just a start. You need to file AOS after the wedding to adjust your wife's status. 

Following your account because I have a feeling I'll see you again in a little bit, posting different kind of content. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Roel said:

The process is easy.  Just know that the visa Is just a start. You need to file AOS after the wedding to adjust your wife's status. 

Following your account because I have a feeling I'll see you again in a little bit, posting different kind of content. 

I have the same feeling and we have seen that happen sooooo many times here on VJ.

OP: Just like many other posters in this thread I suggest you spend more time together IRL. Chanses are you will regret it if you don't.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
6 hours ago, George & Roth said:

I recommend you consider doing what I did, I moved to Cambodia and we lived together for 5 years before getting married. 

After those 5 years she could still tolerate me so we moved to USA and got married.

You don’t really know a person until after a few years together. Some people on this site knew each other and lived together for only a year or two and got married! I think they’re making the wrong move!

I don‘t really think you can say it‘s a „WRONG MOVE“

While I don‘t think I could have married my husband after only a 7 day visit, we did get married after 1 year of relationship. Although not all of it was long distance.but I would never say it was WRONG, it was what we wanted at that time and what we still want, sonfar it‘s been working out quite well...but even if it doesn‘t one day...I don‘t think it was WRONG..you know?!

You don‘t have any guarantee in life, whether you get married after a year or after 10 years. Is it more likely that the marriage will last if you‘ve been together longer-possibly, but nobody will know until you try

But, OP, I would still suggest you wait a littke longer and plan at least for one more visit. ..just my 2 cents..

Edited by mrmvkjts

I am not being negative, I simply have no reason to.  If she is the one then I am more than happy for you, it is awesome you can tell that after spending a week, and hopefully the rest of your lives is also going to be like a fairy tale. 

People often mention the cost associated with seeing each other, I don't get it. The whole process is costly- filing the petition, then the wedding, then AOS, then SS, then work permit and etc. There is always going to be some stages requiring you to spend money.  But some think they are saving and skip the meeting in person part completely, when in the long run they are not saving anything. And may end up paying for things they don't want anymore because the person they decided to marry after 12 mins of knowing each other has "changed".  

Also, as some users mentioned already,  meeting in person will be a strong help for her interview and for the petition in general. Consular officers may not take the answer "we did not meet because it is expensive" well duh how he going to finance you when you go there?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

As for a K1 Advice: Fill Up G-1145, I-129F Forms, 1 Passport Size photo each(petitioner and beneficiary), Signed letter of intent(petitioner and beneficiary), petitioners birth certificate, proof of meeting(passport stamps, air ticket, itinerary, boarding passes, pictures), receipts, cards, letters(as secondary evidence/s). I hope I included everything. Yes, you can start filing now your petition after you assemble all the needed requirements.

As for other advice: Same as you, me and my fiancé met also for only 7 days. We were talking for a month when he decided to meet me and took him 2 mos. To propose to me indirectly(through video). We finally met in the Philippines after 9 mos. Of talking. I asked him “What made you decide to marry me after just a span of 2 months?” He replied “Finding true love is just a thief in the night, you will never know when it will come. You will know if that person is the one when you dont doubt it, no if’s nor but’s. And then he asked me why I accepted his proposal and said yes! I replied “I waited you for so long, I know you are the one because my mind and heart both agreed of loving you. It’s just an indescribable feeling”. We filed our petition last January 2018 and now waiting for NOA2 to arrive. I understand that every Consular officer vary from country to country(Philippines and Vietnam)

So my point is that, that feeling of yours towards your partner is the feeling that other people dont see from their own point of view. Everything in this world is relative. Things may good to you and not to others and vice versa. When we love, we dont need other people’s validation. It is our own FATE that we are making. It is our own Life that we are risking. That’s why we have this “Life learned lesson” to ponder. So, go on and File. And see what lies ahead of you at the end of the tunnel. Atleast you have tried. But if you can still visit her again, much more way better. 

*I have all the respect to all the people here on VJ when it comes to their advices, comments and Point of views.

Best of Everything,

4 hours ago, Roel said:

He might will post with new account i.e. desperate man seeking help... LOl

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

He might will post with new account i.e. desperate man seeking help... LOl

Some of you here really post some insanely supid things.

19 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Some of you here really post some insanely supid things.

read this...this is one of the thread that came up my mind where they didn't have enough time to get to know each other but " love is blind".

it's not 100 % exact but MAYBE could open your eyes little bit.

what we do here to warn you about what people went through.

or do google, type 90days fiancé...look up how many people end up sad and miserable because of " love is blind' and didn't have enough time to get to know each other....

I am not Vietnamese but I know way too many( also other 3rd countries) ( please apologies, I don't mean to offended anyone)  of them that would do anything to " get out " of the country and swore to you that she/he loves you to death ...wait until GC granted and adios.

Edited by Christy&J
add more links

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
19 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Thanks for the advice. But Are yall serious? She lives in another country thats why i am here. I have 12 days vacation at the moment and can only feasably visit her 1 time a year. 

Are you suggesting that I visit her once a year for 3 years then marry her? 

I posted here for the process info and not for decision making advice whats best for me morally. I think im a pretty good judge of character. 

How many times have you met your over seas fiancee before marrying him her? The requirement is once within 2 years correct? Is there an amount of time frame?  And have 90 days to wed. 

Btw...if this girl is faking and insincere she should be in hollywood with an oscar award. I just dont believe that her and I are not being authentic. Im pretty much past teenage infactuations. 

Live your life man, if you feel it is real, then push forward.  Strong communication is key!  If it doesn't pan out later, at least you tried.  There is lots of advice on this site, in many threads.  Do a search at the top of the website.  Good luck!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

read this...this is one of the thread that came up my mind where they didn't have enough time to get to know each other but " love is blind".

it's not 100 % exact but MAYBE could open your eyes little bit.

what we do here to warn you about what people went through.

or do google, type 90days fiancé...look up how many people end up sad and miserable because of " love is blind' and didn't have enough time to get to know each other....

I am not Vietnamese but I know way too many( also other 3rd countries) ( please apologies, I don't mean to offended anyone)  of them that would do anything to " get out " of the country and swore to you that she/he loves you to death ...wait until GC granted and adios.

Omg really? Did you read them yourself? I read half of it and didnt even need to finish. The circumstances there are not even close to mine. I think your profiling and being a being a little racist. Have you ever been to vietnam? 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Quinton1980 said:

Live your life man, if you feel it is real, then push forward.  Strong communication is key!  If it doesn't pan out later, at least you tried.  There is lots of advice on this site, in many threads.  Do a search at the top of the website.  Good luck!

I agree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 minute ago, stringpuller said:

I agree

@stringpuller would love to know if you could read my comment for you to breath some fresh answer to your question. :rolleyes:

Timeline
6 hours ago, Eternity1516 said:

I would recommend you keep all records of your chats, call logs, texts, emails, fb messages or (whatever social platform you communicate with her through). Make sure to print all pictures you have. Make copies of any money transfers, hotel reservations, vacations, trip itineraries, purchases/receipts, engagement party reservations, possible engagement ring pictures, credit cards, bank account, screen shot facebook relationship statuses, any proof of your relationship on social media is helpful WHATEVER YOU HAVE THAT LINKS YOU TO HER needs to be saved. 

Notarized affidavits from friends and family as well as pictures of social gatherings with friends and family are good also.  

She should take everything with her to the interview and make sure she knows tons of information about you for the interview!! Including  but not limited to: your car model/color, your job, your birthday, your siblings & parents & children's names locations etc, past relationships/marriages, your education (high schools, college names, locations), which bank you use and how much you have saved, any health issues, your 401k or retirement plan, your life insurance policy, your birthplace, your address, your income and whatever else you can think of. 

It may be a little hard to prove, but it has been done before. Use the criticism on this thread constructively and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Thats alot of stuff man. Is that much really needed? Lol my bank account? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.