stringpuller

My Visa Journey thread

144 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

We thought the same thing, we met the requirements by meeting once. No problem. Talked several times a day, texted constantly, wasn't concerned. My fiance was questioned heavily about how he knew he wanted to marry someone after only 2 week visit. We were stuck in AP for 14 weeks and our k1 petition was returned to the US. 

Different countries have different ways of viewing these short meetings. I totally get the expense, the vacation from work issue, that you feel you know each other, but the consulate may see it a different way. 

The 90 days isn't to see if you want to get married and get to know each other better. You should know that already. 

After our petition was returned we waited until 4th visit to increase our chances of cr1 success instead of just getting married right away. 

Vietnam used to have very high k1 approvals....150+ a month, but if you look at their monthly totals they are decreasing like every other country and the past few month they have been at 40-50 so a huge decline in visa issuance there too. 

Is what it is. It may be difficult but im going to go for it and see what happens. I will discuss the issue with her. Considering our life situations i dont see how the consulate could not think this would be a good thing for her life. But we will see. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

Juat make sure u "dot" ur I's  and "cross" ur t's. Don't wanna have a rfe if u can help it. Sou or and triple check all paper work is in order. 

Thank you and i certainly will. I have a question..after i file my petition and its excepted and that point do they contact her through the mail or does she contact the consulate? Im reading daily as im doing the paperwork but that area is a little grey to me. 

Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, stringpuller said:

Is what it is. It may be difficult but im going to go for it and see what happens. I will discuss the issue with her. Considering our life situations i dont see how the consulate could not think this would be a good thing for her life. But we will see. 

But you understand that coming to the US is good for a lot of people's lives, that's not what a k1 visa is. This visa is to prove you have a real and true relationship, and I'm not suggesting you don't for one second - please understand that - but in many countries people do want a better life and entry to the US is a way to get it. So the consulate determines who is in it for the right reasons and we are just suggesting that with more visits it's easier to show a relationship so the consulate is more likely to be convinced it's a valid relationship. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

One ploy often mentioned is tell her than you can not bear to be away from her for so long so you are going to give up your job and move over there...

Ploy? What do you mean? 

Timeline
Just now, stringpuller said:

Thank you and i certainly will. I have a question..after i file my petition and its excepted and that point do they contact her through the mail or does she contact the consulate? Im reading daily as im doing the paperwork but that area is a little grey to me. 

Thanks 

It will take 6-7 months to be approved. You will be contacted, never her. Then after approved it goes to the National Visa Center  (nvc) then to her country. Total process is often about 10 months. 

Timeline
Just now, stringpuller said:

Ploy? What do you mean? 

He's saying if you tell her you want to move you Vietnam and she discouraged it, it may show she wants to move to the US instead of just to be with you. 

Timeline
Just now, EandH0904 said:

It will take 6-7 months to be approved. You will be contacted, never her. Then after approved it goes to the National Visa Center  (nvc) then to her country. Total process is often about 10 months. 

Ok thank you. Now will they let me know when she must be interviewed or see somone in her country? Or it does not work that way? If approved visa will be issued? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

He's saying if you tell her you want to move you Vietnam and she discouraged it, it may show she wants to move to the US instead of just to be with you. 

I see. I think that she already loves her country and was very proud to she me the places. She didnt seem ashamed of how poor her mom was. She has been seemingly forthright. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, stringpuller said:

Ok thank you. Now will they let me know when she must be interviewed or see somone in her country? Or it does not work that way? If approved visa will be issued? 

Most petitions get approved in the US. It's up to the consulates to issue the visa, not all approved petitions get visas issued. Our petition was approved in the US, we didn't get a visa. You'll have to check the Vietnam portal to see how they schedule interviews 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

But you understand that coming to the US is good for a lot of people's lives, that's not what a k1 visa is. This visa is to prove you have a real and true relationship, and I'm not suggesting you don't for one second - please understand that - but in many countries people do want a better life and entry to the US is a way to get it. So the consulate determines who is in it for the right reasons and we are just suggesting that with more visits it's easier to show a relationship so the consulate is more likely to be convinced it's a valid relationship. 

I get you. I think a relationship should always be a benefit for both ppl. As a man i dont know not one friend or family member who doesnt want a better life for their wives but maybe i maybe ignorant of some ppls insincerity. 

If shes faking ill personally hire her an acting agent because shes in the wrong business hahaha

Timeline
5 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Most petitions get approved in the US. It's up to the consulates to issue the visa, not all approved petitions get visas issued. Our petition was approved in the US, we didn't get a visa. You'll have to check the Vietnam portal to see how they schedule interviews 

What country was yours in? 

From what i understand she will have to apply at the consulate for the visa but the first step was for me to petition my government. 

I will definately be bummed if we dont get approved. 

I know of a man who is the father of an ex of mine here who married a philapino woman 25 years younger then him. Hes 60 and she was 36 at the time. He obtained her visa in about 90 days and the married 2 months later. I was at the wedding. He went there one time prior to bringing her home. 

Edited by stringpuller

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Thanks 

She won't hear anything until nvc has her case. She will receive a packet and then will do medical and interview. Plan on 6 to 10 months from date you receive ur noa1.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

She won't hear anything until nvc has her case. She will receive a packet and then will do medical and interview. Plan on 6 to 10 months from date you receive ur noa1.

Thanks Bj. If it reaches 10 months then i can visit her again. Maybe sooner we will see how holidays and vacation goes. I only have 4.5 days for the year and dont recieve my next week until my 6 year on job. 

Is there a way to know when nvc has the case. 

I really think it depends on the people and I guess the country. I met my husband online 6 years ago we met in person for a few days December 2016. I flew down again January 2017 for a few days and he proposed. He came up to meet my family for 5 days in February and then we filed the papers. We spent very little time together. Although during our wait for NOA2 I did go see him for 11 days. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, pajobra said:

I really think it depends on the people and I guess the country. I met my husband online 6 years ago we met in person for a few days December 2016. I flew down again January 2017 for a few days and he proposed. He came up to meet my family for 5 days in February and then we filed the papers. We spent very little time together. Although during our wait for NOA2 I did go see him for 11 days. 

I cant seem to find what NOA2 stands for? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.