stringpuller

My Visa Journey thread

144 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

Omg really? Did you read them yourself? I read half of it and didnt even need to finish. The circumstances there are not even close to mine. I think your profiling and being a being a little racist. Have you ever been to vietnam? 

Yes I read them

if you think I am racist ?! BLAHAHAHA!!!! ...well dunno what to tell ya... you are free to have an opinion.

Yes I've been to Vietnam ( oh and longer than 7 days :) )

Yes I know lot of Vietnamese myself either :P 

so....what did you try to say ?

Edited by Christy&J

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Yes I read them

if you think I am racist ...well dunno what to tell ya... you are free to have an opinion.

Yes I've been to Vietnam ( oh and longer than 7 days :) )

Yes I know lot of Vietnamese myself either :P 

so....what did you try to say ?

Thats fine have your opinion. Its really ok. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

OP, from a Site Moderation standpoint, you've already committed enough offenses in your posting behavior to draw administrative action against your account.  There's no more rope.  Please review and adhere to the Terms of Service, with which you agreed to abide when you registered for the site.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

---

The posters in this thread ARE giving you information -- some of it quite crucial -- about the "legal process."  The entire petition and visa phases are a legal process.  The petition phase is the easy part.  Your perils will occur during the consular phase.  People are giving you details about what will specifically be looked for.  This ain't our first rodeo.

Traditionally, the consular officers (COs) in Vietnam have expected a detailed "relationship timeline."  When petitioners and beneficiaries get engaged on the petitioner's first visit, visas have been refused.  HCMC is a very high-fraud consulate. You would do well to scrutinize the relevant Embassy Reviews (link atop any VJ page), paying undivided attention to the worst experiences, and to all the tips, insights, and cautions that have been offered over the years.  If you continue to dismiss the posters who warn you to be aware, and if you barrel ahead blinded by your own confidence or on the basis of success stories from thread participants who didn't go through Vietnam, be reminded that actions have consequences.

People are trying to tell you, in frank-yet-kind ways and on the basis of collective experience, that you don't yet know what you don't know.  This is not an insult, because everybody starts "new."  This site is a gold mine.  Please read and read and read and read until you're aware of all stages of the entire immigration process and what they entail, so that you can receive and process meaningful input with circumspection.

TBoneTX

regular VJ member

The Consular that will be used i believe is in Hanoi. i think there is 2.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

OP, from a Site Moderation standpoint, you've already committed enough offenses in your posting behavior to draw administrative action against your account.  There's no more rope.  Please review and adhere to the Terms of Service, with which you agreed to abide when you registered for the site.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

---

The posters in this thread ARE giving you information -- some of it quite crucial -- about the "legal process."  The entire petition and visa phases are a legal process.  The petition phase is the easy part.  Your perils will occur during the consular phase.  People are giving you details about what will specifically be looked for.  This ain't our first rodeo.

Traditionally, the consular officers (COs) in Vietnam have expected a detailed "relationship timeline."  When petitioners and beneficiaries get engaged on the petitioner's first visit, visas have been refused.  HCMC is a very high-fraud consulate. You would do well to scrutinize the relevant Embassy Reviews (link atop any VJ page), paying undivided attention to the worst experiences, and to all the tips, insights, and cautions that have been offered over the years.  If you continue to dismiss the posters who warn you to be aware, and if you barrel ahead blinded by your own confidence or on the basis of success stories from thread participants who didn't go through Vietnam, be reminded that actions have consequences.

People are trying to tell you, in frank-yet-kind ways and on the basis of collective experience, that you don't yet know what you don't know.  This is not an insult, because everybody starts "new."  This site is a gold mine.  Please read and read and read and read until you're aware of all stages of the entire immigration process and what they entail, so that you can receive and process meaningful input with circumspection.

TBoneTX

regular VJ member

The timeline will be presented and we will do the best we can. If it doesnt work out then thats Gods will not mine. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

The Consular that will be used i believe is in Hanoi. i think there is 2.  

Instead of me getting kicked out of here Mod could you just close this thread? I have nothing more to say about my journey. I will use the search funtion for any questions i might have. Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

@stringpuller, one thing you could (and IMHO absolutely should) do besides filing the paperwork is talk about how the two of you want your married life to look like.  That way you can make sure that your relationship has a more solid base than just chemistry.  Discuss questions such as:

• In which region of the U.S. will you live?
  • In what kind of area will you live, city, suburbs, rural? 
  • Would you be willing to move somewhere else, e.g., to some place where the climate suits her better of where there's more of a Vietnamese community? 
  • Do you want children (or pets)? 
  • If yes, how many, and how will you raise them, e.g., what religion if any? 
  • Do you prefer a traditional division of labor (provider + homemaker) or a more "modern" one where you both work? 
  • If your plan is that she's going to work as well, what are her employment options, realistically? 
  • Would you be willing to move for her career? 
  • How will you handle your finances, do you want to go all-in or do you want to keep part of your assets and income separately? 
  • How often, realistically, will she be able to see friends and family from back home? 
  • Should it turn out that she absolutely hates it in the U.S., do you have a plan B? 

And many more, let her come up with questions as well.  Btw, you don't need to handle it like a questionaire.  You could just as well do it by talking about other married couples your know, pointing out which of their arrangements you like and which you'd do differently. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, RLA said:

@stringpuller, one thing you could (and IMHO absolutely should) do besides filing the paperwork is talk about how the two of you want your married life to look like.  That way you can make sure that your relationship has a more solid base than just chemistry.  Discuss questions such as:

• Would you be willing to move somewhere else, e.g., to some place where the climate suits her better of where there's more of a Vietnamese community? 
  • Do you prefer a traditional division of labor (provider + homemaker) or a more "modern" one where you both work? 
  • If your plan is that she's going to work as well, what are her employment options, realistically? 
  • How will you handle your finances, do you want to go all-in or do you want to keep part of your assets and income separately? 
  • How often, realistically, will she be able to see friends and family from back home? 
  • Should it turn out that she absolutely hates it in the U.S., do you have a plan B? 

And many more, let her come up with questions as well.  Btw, you don't need to handle it like a questionaire.  You could just as well do it by talking about other married couples your know, pointing out which of their arrangements you like and which you'd do differently. 

Great post. How ironic we have talked about all of these already. Shes a worker and driven and i wouldnt think of holding anyone back. My primary concern is finding food for her. She loves the authentic food. I live in a quiet neighborhood. Plenty of space and income to accamodate my new wife. I qualify in every way legally im sure. I live in the great lakes region and will stay here for a time. Ill keep her warm (;

She thinks my dog is to big. Wants her own little one hahaha. 

So we discussed even after retirement to maybe stay and live in her country for a few years. Who knows? I like the bay but i wouldnt want to work there lol

Edited by stringpuller

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should read the Vietnam forum - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/136-vietnam/

and consulate reviews - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Vietnam&cty=&dfilter=5

I understand you are just starting this process, but the comments you are making (and dismissal of others' advice) indicates a lack of understanding of some of the specific requirements necessary to navigate this journey in Vietnam . . . at the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.  Hanoi does not issue K-1 visas. 

And yes, be prepared to detail all your finances, including tax returns or transcripts, banks accounts, investment and retirement account, mortgage, employment, etc.  Again, read the Vietnam forums because there are other documents Vietnam may require that are not necessary in low fraud countries like Canada, Germany, or the UK.  VJ members want to see you and your fiance succeed and want to help, but help and advice will be hard to get if you "lol" when it's offered. 

Understand the time and money involved in this process.  You mentioned possibly returning around the time your NOA2 would arrive.  Save that time and money to attend the interview with your fiance.  You will likely be asked to sit down after approaching the window with her, but you will be seen and the CO will take notice.

Good Luck!  Vietnam is a beautiful country and I hope you are able to return soon. - Jason

Timeline
21 minutes ago, RLA said:

And i will add shes very adamant about making her own money. So career minded yes. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

You should read the Vietnam forum - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/136-vietnam/

and consulate reviews - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Vietnam&cty=&dfilter=5

I understand you are just starting this process, but the comments you are making (and dismissal of others' advice) indicates a lack of understanding of some of the specific requirements necessary to navigate this journey in Vietnam . . . at the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.  Hanoi does not issue K-1 visas. 

And yes, be prepared to detail all your finances, including tax returns or transcripts, banks accounts, investment and retirement account, mortgage, employment, etc.  Again, read the Vietnam forums because there are other documents Vietnam may require that are not necessary in low fraud countries like Canada, Germany, or the UK.  VJ members want to see you and your fiance succeed and want to help, but help and advice will be hard to get if you "lol" when it's offered. 

Understand the time and money involved in this process.  You mentioned possibly returning around the time your NOA2 would arrive.  Save that time and money to attend the interview with your fiance.  You will likely be asked to sit down after approaching the window with her, but you will be seen and the CO will take notice.

Good Luck!  Vietnam is a beautiful country and I hope you are able to return soon. - Jason

Thanks ill check it out. All of what you listed can be presented sir. I have nothing that cant be presented

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Thats alot of stuff man. Is that much really needed? Lol my bank account? 

You really have no idea what this process is going to require.. If you don't start reading ALL guides that apply to you and read multiple threads on this forum, you'll be in for a big surprise.. If you believe that the i-129f petition/K-1 is the only part of her immigration journey you'll be in for an even bigger surprise..

You have a sh*tload of reading to do, I suggest you start asap.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Scandi said:

You really have no idea what this process is going to require.. If you don't start reading ALL guides that apply to you and read multiple threads on this forum, you'll be in for a big surprise.. If you believe that the i-129f petition/K-1 is the only part of her immigration journey you'll be in for an even bigger surprise..

No i do not. I am reading continuously. I think it will be hard work. Your interpretation of my posts is what your misreading. Thanks for your input

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Probably loads of money, time and tears. And then more...time money and tears. More paperwork. Taxes, medical, airfare, police records, dental records?

Property, then income statements. Probably could take 2 years?  

I was reading in the vietnam section about a couple who he he visited her 4 times and 2 inches thick of sincete evidence and still is in limbo and not finished. 

Edited by stringpuller

28 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

I was reading in the vietnam section about a couple who he he visited her 4 times and 2 inches thick of sincete evidence and still is in limbo and not finished. 

Does it make you finally realize that you should probably do more face to face time?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.