AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Favvy said:

Yes my fiance has been calling but same answer" not yet in the system, petition not yet received " but we will continue to call.

Keep in mind it can take from a few days to about 6 weeks for cases at NVC. It's not really time to panic yet. I got mine in about 16 days.

For Naija, I suggest you don't do anything in regards to the Visa until case is "ready" but things progress quickly after that. (U can do your police report now and start your DS-160 if you haven't already)
As @ChuAni said, you MUST schedule your interview before your medical. Medical folks will require proof an interview is scheduled. Medical results take TWO FULL weeks. Do not schedule your interview for less than 2 weeks from your medical less you run into issues potentially with AP.

Good Luck!

Interview dates are flying quickly and are currently Mid June right now for Lagos (although it is always possible for someone to cancel in the earlier months)

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Naes said:

Mine (as the technologically advanced Japan) sends things old school....by post.... takes 10 days to reach you..... 🤷‍♀️

i wish they contacted my petitioner instead...now I had to somehow reach them right after I get my case number to update my home address..

We need to update my fiance address too,im hoping that they will sent it to old addresse

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Keep in mind it can take from a few days to about 6 weeks for cases at NVC. It's not really time to panic yet. I got mine in about 16 days.

For Naija, I suggest you don't do anything in regards to the Visa until case is "ready" but things progress quickly after that. (U can do your police report now and start your DS-160 if you haven't already)
As @ChuAni said, you MUST schedule your interview before your medical. Medical folks will require proof an interview is scheduled. Medical results take TWO FULL weeks. Do not schedule your interview for less than 2 weeks from your medical less you run into issues potentially with AP.

Good Luck!

Interview dates are flying quickly and are currently Mid June right now for Lagos (although it is always possible for someone to cancel in the earlier months)

Thanks.Hope someone cancels and an earlier date will be available for me:P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Received our NOA2 hard copy today after 3 days yeaaahhhh I was so excited when I checked the usps informed delivery mail this morning ☺️🎉 I will try to call NVC on Monday. Did anyone already get their case number? And did someone already schedule their medical? 

Edited by Bianca89

Timeline

In my fiance country Serbia they sent letter from embassy to the beneficial to check what document he needs to bring with him and he needs to send back  same letter with checked items to them ,then they book interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kat123 said:

Is it early to go for police report,we r still waiting for case number 

I got my police certificate about 2 months ago because ours is valid for 12 months. I think it depends on the country :)?  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

I got my police certificate about 2 months ago because ours is valid for 12 months. I think it depends on the country :)?  

Thank you:D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my NOA2 hardcopy today too! Notice date says 4/7/2018. Does that mean we got approved on that day? On the website it says approved on 4/9/17 though..

Just got the hard copy of my NOA2 today!

Filed: September 29, 2017

NOA2: April 7, 2018

Question: I never got an electronic notice for my NOA2 (but I got one for my NOA1), and when I check the case status on the USCIS website, it still just says "case received". Should I be concerned?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, nisf said:

Just got the hard copy of my NOA2 today!

Filed: September 29, 2017

NOA2: April 7, 2018

Question: I never got an electronic notice for my NOA2 (but I got one for my NOA1), and when I check the case status on the USCIS website, it still just says "case received". Should I be concerned?

It's probably just a silent NOA2. Did you check both websites?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

2 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

It's probably just a silent NOA2. Did you check both websites?

No, I only checked https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do. Is there another website I should be checking?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, jeyster12 said:

I got my NOA2 hardcopy today too! Notice date says 4/7/2018. Does that mean we got approved on that day? On the website it says approved on 4/9/17 though..

Mine was 4/5 online 4/4 on paper however NVC seems to count from the online update. As they said it was approved on 5th to us. Both Jim and Mandy and Angus agrees....

@Swissmiss82 

We are going your way Befriending them one by one 🤣🤣🤣

Do I (beneficiary) need the original NOA2 approval letter or can my fiance keep it?

My fiance is getting ready to mail all the documents to me and we were wondering if I need the original letter or a copy is okay too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.