AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys! We just called NVC and got the case number (NOA March 27)! The website states that our case is in transit to the Consular and my interview date was provided to me by NVC. Any idea what this means? Many thanks! 

2 hours ago, Bianca89 said:

I am soooo glad I will be joining this thread as well! I am beyond excited :jest:

Received date NOA1: 09/25/2017

NOA2: 04/09/2018

And I already have a few questions :D :

1. Does the digital passport picture have to match the passport pictures I will use for the medical and interview appointment?

2. So after we get a NVC Case # and they forward it to the embassy the embassy will send me information about the packet 3 automatically? Via email or via mail? Or do I have to request that :P ?

Congratulations! ☺️💃🏼

1. Nope not that I have heard of. The digital photo was the trickiest part of the DS-160 in my opinion though haha. Fought so much to upload a photo they would accept 🙈

2. I believe most embassies send you package 3 automatically. I got my checklist in an email without having to ask for anything. How they send it depends on the embassy, some send it via mail too. Maybe check a regional forum for how your embassy handles this.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

Guys,i have a question.

Ive made single certificate when we have been applying our i129f (september 2017) is it still valid for the interview or i should make new one? Cause for me is a bit difficult to make it,cause i live not in the country of origin. Same with police certificate. I have it from Ukraine since september 2017. But i dont live there,so i guess i dont need new one.

Dont know what to do about it.

R you petitioner or beneficiary 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, qliu said:

Hi guys! We just called NVC and got the case number (NOA March 27)! The website states that our case is in transit to the Consular and my interview date was provided to me by NVC. Any idea what this means? Many thanks! 

It doesn't mean anything. Just Ignore!

Immediately your status reads 'Ready'; contact the Embassy via email or phone number requesting for the Packet 3. 

Also, depending on your embassy, you may schedule your Medical with the 'Ready' Status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering where do we check the status of our case at NVC? Do we check it at the USCIS website or the NVC site

Approved April 5th. Received NOA 2 april 9th hard copy

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

8 days in and I made my first call to NVC, they haven't received our case yet but on the plus side the lady was SUPER nice.. definitely not as stressful as calling USCIS :D

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, sephology101 said:

I was wondering where do we check the status of our case at NVC? Do we check it at the USCIS website or the NVC site

Thank you

I think you mean this: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Once you get a case number from NVC, type that in here and it will tell you your case status

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, sephology101 said:

Thank you

You can check here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx when you have your case number from NVC 

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, streanor said:

8 days in and I made my first call to NVC, they haven't received our case yet but on the plus side the lady was SUPER nice.. definitely not as stressful as calling USCIS :D

Girl welcome to how the other half lives!
NVC folks know the struggle.  Bless their souls. They are super patient and kind and will even permit you to call multiple times a day if you choose (though that's useless since mail only goes once a day)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 hours ago, LizM said:

Congratulations! ☺️💃🏼

1. Nope not that I have heard of. The digital photo was the trickiest part of the DS-160 in my opinion though haha. Fought so much to upload a photo they would accept 🙈

2. I believe most embassies send you package 3 automatically. I got my checklist in an email without having to ask for anything. How they send it depends on the embassy, some send it via mail too. Maybe check a regional forum for how your embassy handles this.

Hello, who typically receive the email for package 3? Is it the petitioner or the beneficiary?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, nj2202 said:

Hello, who typically receive the email for package 3? Is it the petitioner or the beneficiary?

While I am still waiting for my NVC notice, I believe the package 3 will go to the beneficiary as it is their application at this point.  In my case, the Embassy puts everything on line.  It is mainly a list of what the beneficiary has to do.  I would check the embassy website for your country.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kat123 said:

R you petitioner or beneficiary 

Im beneficiary. But we both have that certificate since september. Should we make new one? 

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
Just now, Mr & Mr said:

Im beneficiary. But we both have that certificate since september. Should we make new one? 

I don't think that you need it,you need intend of marriage instead of that, before interview petitioner needs to send new one to beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.