AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Im beneficiary. But we both have that certificate since september. Should we make new one? 

I never read it that you need it,only if you getting married in beneficiary country

7 hours ago, nj2202 said:

Hello, who typically receive the email for package 3? Is it the petitioner or the beneficiary?

4 hours ago, RickyD said:

While I am still waiting for my NVC notice, I believe the package 3 will go to the beneficiary as it is their application at this point.  In my case, the Embassy puts everything on line.  It is mainly a list of what the beneficiary has to do.  I would check the embassy website for your country.

I thought it would go to me too (I'm the beneficiary) but it was sent to my fiancé. Not sure what decides who it goes to.

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, LizM said:

I thought it would go to me too (I'm the beneficiary) but it was sent to my fiancé. Not sure what decides who it goes to.

Hmmmm that's interesting - why would the petitioner get the package 3? Isn't the beneficiary the one who has to get everything together for the embassy ? 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

Hmmmm that's interesting - why would the petitioner get the package 3? Isn't the beneficiary the one who has to get everything together for the embassy ? 😅

That is what I thought, too.  It seemed to me that the I-129F was primarily completed by the Petitioner and the DS-160 and other documents in Package 3 was for the beneficiary.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Bianca89 said:

For my Embassy; immediately we see 'Ready Status', anybody (Petitioner OR Lawyer OR Beneficiary) can contact the embassy to pick up the Packet 3 (usually via email).

We just need to send our Names, DOBs, WAC #. NVC # for security. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, RickyD said:

That is what I thought, too.  It seemed to me that the I-129F was primarily completed by the Petitioner and the DS-160 and other documents in Package 3 was for the beneficiary.  

Mine (as the technologically advanced Japan) sends things old school....by post.... takes 10 days to reach you..... 🤷‍♀️

i wish they contacted my petitioner instead...now I had to somehow reach them right after I get my case number to update my home address..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
51 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

For my Embassy; immediately we see 'Ready Status', anybody (Petitioner OR Lawyer OR Beneficiary) can contact the embassy to pick up the Packet 3 (usually via email).

What's a DOB ^^ 

Timeline
7 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Hi dear, plz for Lagos embassy, can you book for your medicals and get the police report as well as book for your interview once you get your case no from NVC or must you wait until it shows"case Ready" and  packet 3 is mailed to you?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Favvy said:

Hi dear, plz for Lagos embassy, can you book for your medicals and get the police report as well as book for your interview once you get your case no from NVC or must you wait until it shows"case Ready" and  packet 3 is mailed to you?

For Medicals; A requirement is the Scheduled Interview Slip.

Medical takes place after the Interview is scheduled.

You can get the Police Certificate now. You just need your Passport to process one.

The Packet 3 is already on the website. So, you may not wait for them to send one. Once it updates 'Ready', you can go ahead to pay your visa fee, schedule Interview and the Medical is then good to go. Medical isn't booked, it's just a walk-in Session (Lagos Medical Centres).

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

For Medicals; A requirement is the Scheduled Interview Slip.

Medical takes place after the Interview is scheduled.

You can get the Police Certificate now. You just need your Passport to process one.

The Packet 3 is already on the website. So, you may not wait for them to send one. Once it updates 'Ready', you can go ahead to pay your visa fee, schedule Interview and the Medical is then good to go. Medical isn't booked, it's just a walk-in Session (Lagos Medical Centres).

Thank  you. 13 days post Noa2 .Still waiting for case no. Very anxious, can't wait to be with him. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Favvy said:

Thank  you. 13 days post Noa2 .Still waiting for case no. Very anxious, can't wait to be with him. 

Have you tried calling NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.