AnaUmo

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,361 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kat123 said:

5acae82cdc458_Screenshot2018-04-08at9_06_21PM.thumb.png.5ea0604e548acdcb44957d72f36b1174.png

Kat123, I stand corrected.  I actually found the information on the first page where you sign in to start the DS-160 online.  It says, "Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted."  

So, it would seem all the beneficiary has to do is click "Submit".  I have already prepared the document, so all I have to do is save it and then have my fiance sign in with the password I have created...then, she can go through each page and verify with information with me on a video chat and click the submit button when she is finished.  The way I read it, that would satisfy their requirements.  What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
5 hours ago, RickyD said:

Kat123, I stand corrected.  I actually found the information on the first page where you sign in to start the DS-160 online.  It says, "Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted."  

So, it would seem all the beneficiary has to do is click "Submit".  I have already prepared the document, so all I have to do is save it and then have my fiance sign in with the password I have created...then, she can go through each page and verify with information with me on a video chat and click the submit button when she is finished.  The way I read it, that would satisfy their requirements.  What do you think?

Yes that's true,i was reading that too,even they say if picture is not with good resolution they will need to take it with them,im gonna do it same as you,i know everything about him it will be easy to do it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!!! 

So happy to be joining this thread :jest:

Are there any documents that we can start gathering/filling up while waiting for NVC#? Thanks lots!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jeyster12 said:

Hello!!! 

So happy to be joining this thread :jest:

Are there any documents that we can start gathering/filling up while waiting for NVC#? Thanks lots!!

Police certification and I-134 and financial proofs can be done to start with.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Naes said:

Police certification and I-134 and financial proofs can be done to start with.

We started the police certification, takes about a month in Bangkok. Starting to do the vaccinations too for the medical. Dropped off the I-134, the financial proofs, and a copy of what was sent to the uscis when I went to visit in January. She also picked up her single status certificate from the government building. Next week we'll make sure to have the birth certificate & single status certificate translated.

For now its just a waiting game for us.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Calidas said:

We started the police certification, takes about a month in Bangkok. Starting to do the vaccinations too for the medical. Dropped off the I-134, the financial proofs, and a copy of what was sent to the uscis when I went to visit in January. She also picked up her single status certificate from the government building. Next week we'll make sure to have the birth certificate & single status certificate translated.

For now its just a waiting game for us.

Holyyy you're on top of it all :o 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Am I correct in saying it's not required to have all the vaccines before the medical exam? (I believe I'm missing 1 or 2)

I've heard in different places that A. You can arrange missing vaccines at the medical exam, and B. They are not strictly required to have until the AOS application.

If anyone can shine some light on this I'd really appreciate it, thanks! :)

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, streanor said:

Am I correct in saying it's not required to have all the vaccines before the medical exam? (I believe I'm missing 1 or 2)

I've heard in different places that A. You can arrange missing vaccines at the medical exam, and B. They are not strictly required to have until the AOS application.

Exactly. Not much more light I can shine as all correct :) 

because these vaccination are for immigration and k1 is a non immigrant visa... you know the rest..

Edited by Naes

Timeline
Just now, streanor said:

Excellent, thanks Naes!! :D

But,

it is better to do it at the home country. (Insurance coverage prices.....)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, streanor said:

We decided to start them before, because her local hospital charges between 300 to 1000 baht per a shot ($9.37 to $31.25). While the hospital for the medical exam the prices are between 977 to 7521 baht ($30.53 to $235.03). Other than that the wording in the packet 3/4 information we downloaded from the embassy in Thailand states that the vaccines are required in order to receive a visa.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Calidas said:

We decided to start them before, because her local hospital charges between 300 to 1000 baht per a shot ($9.37 to $31.25). While the hospital for the medical exam the prices are between 977 to 7521 baht ($30.53 to $235.03). Other than that the wording in the packet 3/4 information we downloaded from the embassy in Thailand states that the vaccines are required in order to receive a visa.

Interesting! It's pretty expensive to have them done here in Ireland, but probably not quite as much as they charge in the US.

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys,i have a question.

Ive made single certificate when we have been applying our i129f (september 2017) is it still valid for the interview or i should make new one? Cause for me is a bit difficult to make it,cause i live not in the country of origin. Same with police certificate. I have it from Ukraine since september 2017. But i dont live there,so i guess i dont need new one.

Dont know what to do about it.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am soooo glad I will be joining this thread as well! I am beyond excited :jest:

Received date NOA1: 09/25/2017

NOA2: 04/09/2018

And I already have a few questions :D :

1. Does the digital passport picture have to match the passport pictures I will use for the medical and interview appointment?

2. So after we get a NVC Case # and they forward it to the embassy the embassy will send me information about the packet 3 automatically? Via email or via mail? Or do I have to request that :P ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.