TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent reader all this while. Thank you to all who constantly provided information that helped calm nerves. 

Our NOA1 was received on September 6, I got our approved NOA2 today in the mail on March 16th.  USA/NIGERIA

Turns out it was approved on March 12, with no update on the website. I even called the customer service care requesting to speak to a tier 2 officer .

I knew something was coming via informed delivery. Thankful it was approved, now unto the next step. September 6 filers we were not forgotten.

I’m September 6 myself 

just being forgotten 😪

I’m going back to Costa Rica I’m two weeks after being three months with my fiancé 💔

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

I’m September 6 myself 

just being forgotten 😪

No one is forgotten, but the unfortunate reality is that everyone does not "drop from the vine" at the same time.  Although no one wants to hear it, there is generally a 60 day sliding window of approvals.  So, it is very possible that even though someone from September 6th were approved last week, there will still be some just receiving approval 60 days from now.   Most probably get completed within 30 days of the first from a given date, and some take even longer that 60 days.   Statistically speaking, as a "berry" you are "ripe and ready for picking", but just not quite there yet.  Good things come to those who are patient.  :)

7 hours ago, LizM said:

I didn’t go through the thread yet and maybe somebody already got back to you guys on this question. I would look for similar cases here on VJ with people who have done that successfully, if any, and consult them. 

I would be especially careful to work remotely for an employer abroad, if that employer also has offices in the States. It might not be immediately clear to somebody in immigration whether you’re actually doing remote for a foreign entity or not. Or they may argue that your employer is trying to keep you and that you should be on a work visa instead. Be very careful and do your research if you’re planning to do this. And (not that you don’t know this already, but) it’s just not worth it if it messes up the AoS process in any way. 

Hi! No, no one really answered it yet lol. I have my original contract/offer letter showing that I'm a remote based employee in Canada... I suppose I could provide printouts of pay showing I'm being paid in Canadian dollars... The company does have offices all over the US and in the city my fiance is in. Luckily, the contract does stipulate that I work for the Canadian division only.  I think I'll do some research in other forums. 😊 Ultimately, I'm definitely going to follow whatever the law is... I won't ever jeopardize my visa over this. 👍 Besides... a 3 month wait isn't that long considering the time it takes to set up interviews, network. Thanks for your advice 😁 

5 minutes ago, JoelThai said:

No one is forgotten, but the unfortunate reality is that everyone does not "drop from the vine" at the same time.  Although no one wants to hear it, there is generally a 60 day sliding window of approvals.  So, it is very possible that even though someone from September 6th were approved last week, there will still be some just receiving approval 60 days from now.   Most probably get completed within 30 days of the first from a given date, and some take even longer that 60 days.   Statistically speaking, as a "berry" you are "ripe and ready for picking", but just not quite there yet.  Good things come to those who are patient.  :)

'Good things come to those who are patient' . I agree 💯%. 

17 minutes ago, ttran562 said:

Just got approval letter in the mail. Was dated March 12. September 5th filer 188 days noa1 to noa2

Congrats!!!!

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nso said:

Hi guys. Silent reader here. Noa1 sept 14. Anyway I tried calling uscis this AM and I asked to speak with tier 2. They asked me why and i just said I wante to get an update but I lost my receipt # (it’s a lie, i just need to come up with a valid reason to talk to tier 2) but they said due to high call volumes i should expect a call back in 3 days. I am really anxious and this process is taking forever. I checked my uscis app and website and status still received. Then I checked usps informed delivery then i saw this.

65259A9F-6082-4B1D-A897-FB0C6C662460.thumb.jpeg.4ed5319980a0f1f60d425fd39aaf61f2.jpeg   TOo bad I dont know if its noa 2 already as im still at work and  still have 2 hrs before i can open my mailbox when i get home..  i hope this it.

That's 1/1 page :) that's a noa2 from experience! Congrats!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Soya & Dama said:

I am just wondering if they all June and july people receive their noa2 or still not yet...because when they will finish with June and july they will concentrate more on Aug and Sept. 

No there are still May, june, july and probably people even from other months. But depending on the numbers at the moment their main focus is September at this moment. 

They never finish a month to concentrate on the other month.

11 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hey Berries,

The overall number looks low today, however they reached Sept 21.

I will be doing a weekly overview during the weekend! Stay sane :D 

3/16 Full day total : 40

Last date touched : Sept 21

09/01/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/05/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/05/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
09/06/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/08/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/08/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/08/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/11/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/12/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/13/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/13/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/14/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/14/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/15/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/18/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/18/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
09/18/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/19/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/20/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/20/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
09/21/17 3/16/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved

image.png.1937d27f6655f09d8900a9f4b6607d70.png

thanks for the update the 21st is good!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, LoveTakesOver said:

USCIS Update: So when I called this morning, the USCIS rep sent a request for the Officer to call me within 3 to 5 business days and she gave me a confirmation #. Surprisingly, an officer called me today from 213 area code Los Angeles CA.  He looked up my case and asked me few questions about me and my fiancé. First, he asked me if fiancé is in the US or outside United States. I responded to him to say that fiancé is not  in the US. Then he asked me if my fiancé has stayed in US. I told him that he came to United States to visit me in October. Then he asked me if my fiancé has overstayed in the United States. I responded to him that my fiancé did not overstay and that he stayed here with me for 4 months to visit. So I guess my presumption on this is that if a fiancé visits the United States while K1 is in process is that they can see the dates that your fiancé arrived to United States. He counted the months as if he was talking to himself saying it louder from October to April. If I am thinking this correctly, that the reason he started with month of October instead of September was because my Fiancé came to United States in October and the 6 months due would be in April for my fiancé to return to his country. Then, he started telling me to try calling again by 1st week of April if there is still no status on my case; otherwise he said that they can put for request to work on the case by then.  Btw, he was very pleasant to talk to. He sounded very courteous and polite. 

So so now I went my turn to ask him question about the business process inside USCIS on how they process visa applications. He explained to me that each random case is assigned by officer. They don't just process K1 visas but they also process different type of petitions and immigration benefits, appeals, etc. I asked him if the cases are processed in order. He said that they should be processed in order of received date but USCIS is two months delay which in fact they are still processing June and July. Then I told him now that it appears that cases are just being approved randomly with out of dates order. The only explanation he told me was that some officers tend to be faster than the others and that's the only way he can think of. But each officer processes their workload in order of priority. Once they touch the case, that's when the background and security checks come in. That's why we see cases that get approved first than the others. 

The reason why I had to question this because  I also work in a Government agency where we process different types of claims but we have a system of order and business process to make sure claims are processed timely. I see some of my colleagues who get behind with their workloads. And I tend to be the proactive one. I also tend to be proactive in responding to Congressional inquiries and public relations. 

If your case is assigned to someone who is way behind on their workload, then good luck. 

Now for those who is still waiting, I feel your frustration like myself. 

USCIS should have a program similar to Uber function, case comes in, accept, work, decide, then next. 

That's all for me. 

I design Business Process Management / workload systems for a living. Sometimes I really wish I could stroll on in there, point out a bunch of workflow inefficiency and fix things - HOWEVER - I know others who have been on government accounts before and the administrators actively pushed against making the system better / faster / more productive because the workers were unionized and they didn't want to let anyone go, so they wanted the system to be nice and slow and allow those kinds of people to not be called out. Crazy. I hope all government agencies are not like that....

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 2018/3/16 at 9:16 AM, Arista said:

Hi everybody

I have a question that I was work in my country military 4 and half years so I don’t know it is affect my background?

My fiancé told me it might affect a little bit...

9/1 here. 

NOA2 💌💌💌

hope coming soon. 

Does anyone have encountered a situation like me?
I have no idea if it will affect my case.
I checked a lot of this type of situation but got nothing...

Also my fiancé called the USCIS, they wanted to put my fiancé on hold for 2 hours to talk to a tier 2, but my fiancé had to go back to his work so he asked USCIS for a callback, when USCIS callback not have someone there...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.