Benaflic

Moroccan husband joining a US pregnant wife!

86 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

Isn't that a very common question on this forum? People are looking into being together rather quick then having to wait for a long time.

Answer is usually: no that's not possible, even a pregnancy doesn't make it quicker.

Sometimes you need to think outside the box, immigration is a two way process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 hours ago, Benaflic said:

Hello everyone, I’m a Moroccan married to US wife and already we did apply for a K3 visa on early November 2017 that I can join my wife, we discovered on late November that she is pregnant and she is now 3 months of pregnancy. I’m asking if there is any exception or a path we should follow in order to faster the process as my wife now getting enable to work and needs my support physically and financially. 

All your responses & tips are appreciated! 

Youness.

Congrats. If she needs your support financially, you can always send her some money. There's no exceptions for pregnancy unless her life in danger, so just wait for your time to come. Pregnancy is not a reason for expedite.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sometimes you need to think outside the box, immigration is a two way process.

Maybe OP and his wife already gone over the options.

On a personal note, if I had a business in Morocco I would stay there. But maybe his wife can't adjust to the culture. We simply don't know.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
31 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

Maybe OP and his wife already gone over the options.

On a personal note, if I had a business in Morocco I would stay there. But maybe his wife can't adjust to the culture. We simply don't know.

Maybe

Maybe not

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Roel said:

If it was that easy, all the couples would  be getting pregnant in order to expedite the long process. ;)

Not all. n=1.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Sorry guys but some of you just went out of the topic. I don’t ask for a personal opinion where my wife should deliver ? This is not my question and yes i have a business and she has business!!! Anyway those things are personnel stuff though. We applied for I130 and not key3 she just P me. 

Any useful tips please? 

P.S: Im not looking for opinion but I need a real advice. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

You have asked questions on a public forum.  If you are not happy with the advice given, please submit a request for a refund.  Otherwise, remember that there are attorneys out there who would happy to take your money and give you their opinions...

No one here really knows if your tourist visa will be approved until you apply.

God Luck in your journey.

Missileman there is somebody who said that seems odd and why she doesn’t move to Morocco I think it’s far away from my question though!!! People went crossing the barriers speaking about culture or whatever !!! So please understand to whom I direct my message and absolutely not you! Have a great day!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your only option is to wait out the CR1 process (unless she does actually want to move to Morocco).

At this point you'll be waiting around 12 more months, maybe a bit less if you are lucky. 

You can try to apply for a tourist visa to visit her, but your chances of approval are very low. With that said, there is no harm in trying to apply for a tourist visa if you have the time and resources to do so, provided that you are honest in your intentions as advised by others in this thread. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Benaflic said:

Sorry guys but some of you just went out of the topic. I don’t ask for a personal opinion where my wife should deliver ? This is not my question and yes i have a business and she has business!!! Anyway those things are personnel stuff though. We applied for I130 and not key3 she just P me. 

Any useful tips please? 

P.S: Im not looking for opinion but I need a real advice. 

Hmmm! there s not much difference between advice and opinion here. 

I doubt anyone here wants to hurt your feelings. Reality, itself, is what might upset you.

What do you mean by "she has business"? I thought I read she has no financial resources.

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
4 hours ago, Benaflic said:

OMG! They could convert K3 you said to CR1 ??? I won’t tell her that though. I should try a tourist visa to assist her during the birth which will be for July. Otherwise you don’t think they may contact me before the birth if I try to let them know ? 

Make sure that a tourist visa, if denied, won t affect your CR1 visa.

One can never be too careful. Pray for a healthy baby and do not rush things.

Better prepared and spending few extra months in Morocco, than risking being denied

and waiting for years;

There are VJ members who have gone that horrible route; I wish it

on no one; Unfortunately, They were denied K1, then B2, then CR1 and had to re-apply and submit

and hope and pray and pay and wait and cry and fight and make up and hope .......etc....

Bon Courage! Ps. If you bring her to live with you as you wait for the visa, it ll be good for both of you.

Edited by Derik-Lina

Honest-Love-Respect

Timeline
29 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Your only option is to wait out the CR1 process (unless she does actually want to move to Morocco).

At this point you'll be waiting around 12 more months, maybe a bit less if you are lucky. 

You can try to apply for a tourist visa to visit her, but your chances of approval are very low. With that said, there is no harm in trying to apply for a tourist visa if you have the time and resources to do so, provided that you are honest in your intentions as advised by others in this thread. 

R, are you sure a denied B2 won t affect his CR1 approval? Does t that look like he tried to go before??? I don t wanna get into the details of it, but I heard and read some who had to explain that denial. Does he want more issues? Please enlighten me. I could be wrong.

Honest-Love-Respect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.