weakheart

Sending money to beneficery , is it good or bad

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is it good to use as evidence if i send money to my gf for whom i am applying k1? And send reciepts with visa application. This is petitioner sending money to benificary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I didn't send such evidence with my application, and from various threads I've read, the consensus seems to be that it doesn't help.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I did send receipts to show continued relationship along with other evidence such as call logs etc.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

In general, I would say not to send it unless they specifically request it.

A one-way transfer of funds doesn't show a bona fide relationship...anybody can send funds to somebody else regardless of having a legitimate romantic relationship or not. And in some circumstances, it can look like the sender is being scammed (i.e. somebody sending multiple months of a local worker's salary on a regular basis).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my case its to support my fiance and her kids.  She does not have means to support on her own or it would be very difficult for her.  We both are Widowed with kids and I know the hardships that come along with it.

Edited by NoProblem

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Money doesn't symbolize a relationship. I would err on the side of the people who have been on these forums for a long time. You do not want USCIS to think that you are paying your SO for your relationship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, weakheart said:

Is it good to use as evidence if i send money to my gf for whom i am applying k1? And send reciepts with visa application. This is petitioner sending money to benificary

You are not applying for a K-1, the beneficiary will apply for the K-1 at the Embassy

Relationship evidence is not required for the Petition

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

can look like the beneficary is after money from you and not in your best interest to show this

Quite the opposite. What American would pay a foreigner to come here to the USA? None.  The fraud pattern is the opposite.  There are Americans selling access, there are non-Americans buying.  Very simply, is it normal for a fiance' who has extra money to support his fiancee' ?  Answer: in some cases, yes.  The best evidence is displaying a normal relationship.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

We included it with ours. Had about a year's worth of steady transfers to support her and her family so she could quit her job and spend more time with me during our trips + work on visa stuff.  I think it helps honestly, for the reason that's been said already, the fraud flow would be in the opposite direction. 

I support my fiancee and kids and I would never even think of adding receipts of payments as proof of relationship.  There really is no upside and there can be a substantial downside if the CO, who is well trained to find fake relationships, is suspect of anything in your petition.  

Just don't do it.  Error on the side of safety.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 hours ago, NoProblem said:

In my case its to support my fiance and her kids.  She does not have means to support on her own or it would be very difficult for her.  We both are Widowed with kids and I know the hardships that come along with it.

How in the world did she support her self before you ???

4 minutes ago, Calicolom said:

How in the world did she support her self before you ???

That is what the CO would ask...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

As you can see from the conflicting answers, it isn't a one-size-fits-all answer. In my case I did send money and sent the information about the money transfers to show our relationship. I think it all depends on how the beneficiary is representing himself or herself. In my case the beneficiary was a full-time student and the amounts of money were not very big. It is not unusual in any relationship for one person to help another, especially when you are starting out as a couple. You are also often dealing with people in transition, so I would not say there is something automatically good or bad about it, just depends on the context and the totality of the situation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.