Carolina Dalton

November 2017 Filers K1 VISA I-129F (merged)

2,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Deehotstepper said:

This could also be viewed from a different way, in which you just shared with an agent what they didn't know and was our way of making some sense of what they are doing and where they are in the process. Perhaps changes might be made to the app or program now due to this phone cal. this could affect many more than just your case.

I highly doubt that my phone call will single handily change the way USCIS operate as @x_driven_x has said they have been working on implementing a new system for months now thats why they have the old website and the new website and have been sending out silent approvals.. All of the information i spoke to the Operator was public knowledge as people share updates all the time via Facebook and over the internet. Wouldn't look too deep into it. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, Sagada said:

NOA1 11/10/17 (old)

11/14/17 (new)

praying we all get approved! Day 189 

Same  dates!!!! OMG I hope they get to our files soon!!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

some gets approved on a new website and  old website still say received.so its a higher number of approvals than the scan.i wonder how many percentage were approved now for November cases. 

is it true that they are starting decrmber cases now? they could have forgotten early november filers 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cathphil said:

some gets approved on a new website and  old website still say received.so its a higher number of approvals than the scan.i wonder how many percentage were approved now for November cases. 

is it true that they are starting decrmber cases now? they could have forgotten early november filers 😭

Historically the number of silent approvals has been 30% of the total, so just under half of the known approvals. 

I have seen no indication that December has gotten started. I estimate the will start December closer to June 12th, and by then November will be > 50% completed

Edited by x_driven_x

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Cathphil said:

Not sweat, my approval was last week and to this day has not even reached NVC, there is no tracking of my approval with them, they told me that it can take about 4 or 6 weeks before it reach their end, let's be patient.
I do not understand the way they work.

I mentioned I received an RFE on Monday, May 14. The physical copy came in the mail today. They asked for one 2"x2" passport style photo of myself (I had originally included a full photo) and proof off USC (I had originally provided a front and back copy of my birth certificate). HUGE weight off my chest knowing it two rather small things.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi Guys,

It seems USCIS might have read through our visa journey posts and see that we utilize the old website to run scans and know what they are doing :D, so they are using the new website and silent NOA2 more or maybe they changed to a new system and thats why more approvals are coming through the new website but you still have officers who are using the old system(Old Website) hence why the scan numbers are so low. Just a theory.

My theory is;

1) old system was awful, and they are aware of it. because that system is at fault for a long time. So I actually like this new system in many ways, as most of the silent noa2's are updated, the information is usually more accurate etc.

2) People is calling (and even here talking about calling them) to ask why they are doing mid November etc. I mean yes it is public but unless you search for it it wasn't an available information. so seriously that should have tick them off. If it was me it would. Calling to say why my date is not done? and adding no but I know you're doing this and this... it actually not a smart move. we all know that won't help ANYTHING, but it can take away all the information we all finally found. Really not smart.

Before this information. people would call saying "my friend said she got hers and she filed after me" or someone said so etc. and all they reply is "they must be lying/ trolling you to stress you"

However, so yes eventually the old system will die out, as it should. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

My theory is;

1) old system was awful, and they are aware of it. because that system is at fault for a long time. So I actually like this new system in many ways, as most of the silent noa2's are updated, the information is usually more accurate etc.

2) People is calling (and even here talking about calling them) to ask why they are doing mid November etc. I mean yes it is public but unless you search for it it wasn't an available information. so seriously that should have tick them off. If it was me it would. Calling to say why my date is not done? and adding no but I know you're doing this and this... it actually not a smart move. we all know that won't help ANYTHING, but it can take away all the information we all finally found. Really not smart.

Before this information. people would call saying "my friend said she got hers and she filed after me" or someone said so etc. and all they reply is "they must be lying/ trolling you to stress you"

However, so yes eventually the old system will die out, as it should. 

I think this is a bit too worrisome. They have to know that people form groups and talk to each other. There's no rule that says people can't or shouldn't. The lack of transparency is a huge motivating factor. If they don't want people to group, share data points, and try to figure out how things work, they shouldn't create a situation that catalyzes those actions. Their fault, not ours.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, dkmfan85 said:

I think this is a bit too worrisome. They have to know that people form groups and talk to each other. There's no rule that says people can't or shouldn't. The lack of transparency is a huge motivating factor. If they don't want people to group, share data points, and try to figure out how things work, they shouldn't create a situation that catalyzes those actions. Their fault, not ours.

I don't think sharing info is a problem, nor sharing anything. However, if someone calls and says, I can prove it etc etc. they will try to solve this in their best interest, hence make a secure access system enabling all access to others and even applications such as case tracker. So theres nothing wrong with either party.

But one thing is known universally and it is not even about specifically this case. You don't share info unless it is the end of the road, if you want to keep getting that info which is hard to find. A June filer going and saying "hellooo I know you are approving november" and a November filer saying "you did not approve anything before November 16, and I know that date was already weird, I know there is no movement before this but there is a lot of movement after this... etc etc" would be two hugely different things.

As the question goes to, how do you know nobody got?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.