Mzlin35

Will one visit be enough??? 😣

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sighs...I have everything I need to assemble my packet, but now I'm a nervous wreck trying to decide if I should send it or get one more visit in.

He's in Nigeria, we spent 10 days together but it wasn't in Nigeria, it was in Ghana because I already had that trip planned before I met him. I plan to make a trip there in February which should be before his interview, but I've read that some interviewers won t even loom at updated proof, which is just rude 😡

Will the CO be put off by these facts? I haven't met his family in person, though I do communicate with them through text and video chat pretty often. I'm so stressed out. 

Please advise me 😶😔

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

nigieria is a very hard embassay to get a visa from.  i would say no.  but also what other red flags do you have? what are your ages?  things like that come into play.  you also have not met the family (another red flag). 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, caliliving said:

nigieria is a very hard embassay to get a visa from.  i would say no.  but also what other red flags do you have? what are your ages?  things like that come into play.  you also have not met the family (another red flag). 

No other red flags that I'm aware of. I'm 39 and he is 35. I'm divorced with 2 teenagers. He's never been married and has no kids. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I would spend more time together and not rush into it.  It seems especially lately I've seen a spate of posts from women who met the man of their dreams only to have that dream become a nightmare as soon as their husband/fiance moved in and got their green card.  (And in fairness men with the same problem, women in some countries seem to especially seem to become uncaring upon getting their green cards).

Making the decision to not let you have someone move in after meeting him once is not so much mean or uncaring but just more common sense than we have ourselves when we think we're madly in love.  I wouldn't advise anyone to marry someone and become responsible for them in one visit.  Online and in one visit, a person can make themselves appear to be whatever they want to appear to be.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

You don't have to answer here, but does he want kids?

Only one trip is very difficult with that embassy. Might I suggest:

1) More trips before filing.

2) Filing for a spousal visa (CR-1/IR-1)...after getting married, obviously. This way if it gets refused, you have a chance to fight it and have the petition reaffirmed and sent back to the embassy (a refused K-1 and returned I-129F will sit to expire on purpose).

3) Visits while waiting for processing. Doing this with a spousal visa gives you more time to make trips as well.

4) Be sure to front-load (and side-load at NVC if doing a spousal visa instead). Bring a lot of evidence to the interview.

Thank you for this advice. I will inbox you to answer that question if you don't mind. Thank you!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Meg&Andrew said:

You have gotten some good answers on your previous posts as well. I also seen that you haven't even been together a year. So,I think it's a good idea that you try to get another visit. If your fiance doesn't sem OK with this idea, thats probably a red flag. 

Thank you for reminding me about my previous post! I completely forgot about it and went back for a refresher lol. It Makes me feel more clear about some things. Thank you 

3 hours ago, ayobammy said:

Hello, I'm a Nigerian and I'm right now in America with K1 visa. My fiancé. Now my wife only visited me one time in Nigeria and we spent 10 days together. My case was approved and the consular asked me several questions about our relationship. At the end I was granted the visa....its not a matter of high fraud country but it's  about how genuine is your relationship and depends on the consular officer that interview you. I will suggest that you should send in your application and try and visit him one more time because you should try and meet his family. That would really help your application and during his interview at the embassy. If you have more questions you can DM me. I would love to help. I wish you all the best. 

It is best to be prudent and well prepared (by covering all the bases in advance) when dealing with USCIS during the immigration process. What you have suggested is neither that.

You're an exception to the rule but that doesn't mean your fellow Nigerian applicants would be just as lucky. Based on the US state department visa issuance statistics and plenty of posts on here, it is evident that the Lagos embassy is a tough one due to high fraud which leads to high denial rate.

A genuine relationship is important but what's more important is that the US petitioner and Nigerian beneficiary could provide strong evidences to prove a bonafide relationship. Short length of relationship, one short meeting only and haven't met the family when Nigerian has a strong family culture? That's more minuses than plusses to help with the OP's case, higher failure than success rate no less. 

OP good luck to you and your fiance. Consider more face time with him and his family for a better chance of approval :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes please visit again...it is best especially by you having kids already it is important to visit him again and meet his family if you can because you have kids to protect because if your life change their life will change too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, ayobammy said:

Hello, I'm a Nigerian and I'm right now in America with K1 visa. My fiancé. Now my wife only visited me one time in Nigeria and we spent 10 days together. My case was approved and the consular asked me several questions about our relationship. At the end I was granted the visa....its not a matter of high fraud country but it's  about how genuine is your relationship and depends on the consular officer that interview you. I will suggest that you should send in your application and try and visit him one more time because you should try and meet his family. That would really help your application and during his interview at the embassy. If you have more questions you can DM me. I would love to help. I wish you all the best. 

Ooh! I'm so relieved! It's so true and I believe with prayers, everything will be fine. I met my Fiancé (USC) on August while he was in Nigeria with his parents on a Vacation and he filed on October 7. He plans visiting again before my interview. We are praying to God for everything to work out so well for us. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did get engaged to my late husband after knowing him only 4 days but immigration was not a part of it

as far as your case is concerned

take all the above advice

with my moroccan husband now

i spent a month with his family after talking to him a year and a half

we r both muslim but i did not say in my letter to USCIS

filed K1 as site says to meet 1 time'

we were denied

we marrried and 2 more visits and still denied 3 years after first meeting

we won appeal and new interview 

took us 6 years and 5 visits (all 1 to 3 months ) to get our visa

photos to USCIS should also include them / label photos with dates and names /I scanned 4 photos to 1 sheet of paper

if really serious marry as K1 is extremely difficult in this embassy

do not include any money transfers in evidence 

life time decision / do not take it lightly

Timeline
15 hours ago, ayobammy said:

Thank you so much!! This was very uplifting. I do have one question, so I will inbox you. Thanks so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.