28 posts in this topic

USCIS won't care about a divorce vs annulment. They look at the circumstances of the marriage. People have had a no-fault divorce and failed to show the marriage was entered into in good faith. Others have annulled and been successful. Focus on the factual evidence showing fraud and report it (after taking care of your safety first!).

If you want to seek an annulment for your own purposes, that's something to ask an attorney. But for purely immigration purposes, it's not worth pursuing.

Edit: Not that it matters either since he can't AOS without you.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

You guys need give yourselves some space and get off this site to work this out.  Sheesh. 

I don't see an asylum case originating from the "war-torn country of Morocco" in the picture.  If you filed AOS, pull the affidavit of support, move on, and he has to go back.  If you didn't, he has to go back anyway.  If you feel threatened hit the local Academy, buy a .45, and defend yourself.  The suggested moral thing to do here is find him a place to stay and offer him a one-way plane ticket home which should close the books on this issue.  If he declines or gets forceful about that, you're within your rights to assume he could be unstable and dangerous.  See the part about the local Academy.

Editorial:  No wonder Casablanca is such a nightmare consulate.  This kind of %@$ is what costs the real couples so much heartache. 

I would not consider this good advise. Please do not advocate anyone getting a firearm to defend themselves. File a police report, move away from the person threatening them and get a restraining order. These are all good suggestions people have previous given.  

1 hour ago, JFH said:

Sure, most states have a provision for annulment and in many collapsed marriages involving an immigrant annulments are hoped for on the basis of fraud. However, the burden of proof is very high. How can she prove he's gay? So his picture is on a gay dating site, so what? Could have been a joke, his picture could have been stolen for that purpose by someone who feels he is more attractive than their own picture, he could be just curious about it all. It's not ideal for a married person to be on a dating website of any description, but it's hardly a reason for an annulment on the basis of fraud. If the husband were now in a serious, committed relationship with another man...well...who's to say he isn't bisexual and was in love with the OP at the time of marrying her? 

It's much easier to divorce. 

This. Also, bisexuality is a thing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are in Orlando. Put him out of your home, or leave the home to him if you can (renting) and then let him fend for himself since you guys are in the little Morocco of the USA, he won't be totally left to his own devices. The just don't file anything else for him and take your evidence to an infopass. All you can really do.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

You guys need give yourselves some space and get off this site to work this out.  Sheesh. 

I don't see an asylum case originating from the "war-torn country of Morocco" in the picture.  If you filed AOS, pull the affidavit of support, move on, and he has to go back.  If you didn't, he has to go back anyway.  If you feel threatened hit the local Academy, buy a .45, and defend yourself.  The suggested moral thing to do here is find him a place to stay and offer him a one-way plane ticket home which should close the books on this issue.  If he declines or gets forceful about that, you're within your rights to assume he could be unstable and dangerous.  See the part about the local Academy.

Editorial:  No wonder Casablanca is such a nightmare consulate.  This kind of %@$ is what costs the real couples so much heartache. 

I believe the OP said he is gay? Since Morocco is a Muslim country, being gay gets one thrown off buildings in the Muslim world!! However, IF he is reading this thread...he cannot just apply for asylum as he has used false pretenses to come here. His record will show him as a liar, so what else is he lying about? 

Yes the Casablanca Embassy like the Nairobi/Lagos/Accra Embassies are rough and hard Embassies for 100% good reasons!! They should be tougher!! 

Please leave your place where you live with him immediately, take all the evidence with you. Yes Planet Romeo, Adam4adam.com, Manjam.com, etc..(do a google as I did) are gay sites..so is Facebook for meeting gay people...keep that evidence in a safe place. Have you filed for AOS yet? He cannot adjust anyway and will be illegal here. He might try a Mohammed like off 90 Day Fiance but with a gayman since Gay Marriage is Legal in the USA, however, he cannot do this. 

Please remove yourself immediately. Your life is worth a billion times more than this!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, NYCruiser said:

I believe the OP said he is gay? Since Morocco is a Muslim country, being gay gets one thrown off buildings in the Muslim world!! 

Offtopic: Can you please post a link of an article where it states that gay are being thrown from buildings in Morocco?

What is Muslim world? Is that a new discovered planet?

On topic:  OP, remove yourself out of that situation. Revoke your petition and move on with your life. Consider yourself blessed that you found this out quick before it escalated even more, or having kids with this piece of work.

Good luck!

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

By the way, if he came on a k1, he cant adjust through anyone but the person who filed for the k1, correct? If that is the case just don't go to the interview, even if he finds someone else the path to AOS without leaving the USA is done. If he was on another type of visa, see my above post.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

need to call the police 

understand in florida if you call, and the officer sees evidence of violence, he charges the person (or both ) and you have no say in the matter 

your spouse can be charged whether u want or not

as said above, protect yourself and child

get out if you have to

and from the rest of us, sorry you are going thru this

and really sorry you are part of what makes it so hard for rest of us

this is why K1 in morocco is hard

and they don't like it if a person marrys on 1st visit so it gets costly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

This. Also, bisexuality is a thing.

I agree. It's a thing. A very possible reality. But, I believe it should be talked about pre marriage. Full disclosure...;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have to do what is best for you and your family....i know you are seeking advise and we here on VJ can give you advise but at the end of the day its still your decision....the situation you are dealing with happens a lot and if you search some of the forums here on VJ you will see that there is a lot of people going through this exact same thing....but im sorry this happen to you... but you can survive it because some people are selfish to the feelings of other people..... life will get better for you but its your choice

10 hours ago, rcripps said:

I would not consider this good advise. Please do not advocate anyone getting a firearm to defend themselves. File a police report, move away from the person threatening them and get a restraining order. These are all good suggestions people have previous given.  

Self defense is legal, but should be a last resort.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several off-topic posts and quotes thereof have been removed.  Please focus on the OP's issue.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***After reviewing this thread, it will remain closed to further discussion due to the discussion going far off topic.  Enough proper advice has been given to the OP so there is no need to keep it open any longer.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.