AQUAENERO

K1 - Married less then a week abandoned marriage

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I hope USCIS reads all these comments. Its deeply disturbing how people misuse the system and the real cases wait forever. We(CR1) have to front load documents like a PhD thesis and remain under scanner......people like these just get away with it. I feel like reporting to uscis myself.

Amen to that....

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

He's a plumber?!? That's so abusive! He fed her some food?!? The monster!

Yeah I know right. "He is only a plumber" seriously? They make pretty good money so I don't know why she is looking down on that profession.

Concur with the other recent remarks. This girl got what she wanted & that was a legal way into America. She will now integrate into the illegal Dominican population in NY. Nothing you can do at this point. Let her "enjoy" her life & you please return to yours. Also, be careful who you try to help. I stay away from immigration groups on FB. Anything immigration related, I stay on this site. Occasionally people IM me for real help & I happily oblige. In my time on this site, I've never been asked to help someone scam the system.

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree with everyone...and I told her it was bad. She came got married and someone told her that's all she needed.

She left. She was told she can AOS on her own.

I shown her all the replies of basically what I told her and honestly in DR a lot of people get here and dump the USC never seen it in a week.

I don't know if he did force her to do anything it seems he wanted to have relations with his wife like any normal person and she refused he insisted till she gave in. But I d k I'm an outsider just thought it sounds suspect.

I will let her know to leave once visa expires not sure if she will.

her visa "expired" the moment she set foot in the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yup she says I married him on Saturday the 8th and he forced me out of the house on the 9th.

however she has no one in Texas and she managed to buy a plane ticket (her cousin) to come to NYC.

I met her in a K1 FB group and I believe she states someone on there and her cousin told her she can adjust without spouse which I told her she couldn't.

the reasons she gave me for abuse were:

1-hes only a plumber

2-he made her eat American food

3-and he wouldn't let her sleep because he wanted adult time.

I never heard he forced her to have adult time or to eat.

I told her I would post so she can see I am telling her the truth but shes not listening to me and wanted to come stay in my home.

I cannot have an illegal person in my home especially since im doing everything right in my own relationship and don't want it to jeopardize me and my case.

my husband also says since he's from DR (and knows how woman there can be) he doesn't want her in the home....god forbid she try and say he did something to her since she claims abuse so easily.

and he wants no problems with our marriage.

If I knew someone on Facebook I knew was scamming the system I would report them. But that's just me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

~~ POSTING FOR A FRIEND ~~

I have a friend who does not read or write English.

Her story is the following...

She came to Texas on 10/3/2016 she married her Fiancee on 10/8/2016 and she left for NYC on 10/11/2016

She states while in DR he always verbally abuse her but never hit her. He supported her and he paid all the fees for the k1.

She said the week she was with him he wouldn't let her sleep from all the adult time. And that he made her eat American food.

He threw her out on the street and she's with her cousin who bought her a plane ticket to NYC.

She hired a lawyer who Télls her she can adjust. I told her I can't see it happening especially since she didn't even call the police ever.

Does she have a chance....I would like to show her other opinions. I told her to return and try and work it out.

There's a 20 yr age difference as well.

......................And that he made her eat American food? ........... shocking, just shocking.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Please, do yourself a HUGE favor and stop talking to this woman!

She is obviously a scammer: 1) It sounds like they didn't know each other that well, I mean, come on, she didn't even know his profession?!, still they got married. 2) She obviously is NOT in love with him if she dumps him because "he is just a plumber". 3) She just applied for K1 visa to get a way into USA: if you're actually in love and it doesn't work out with your new husband for whatever reason (which, by the way, IMO would take more than one week to know), you would just LEAVE the USA, because theoretically you only decided to move there FOR LOVE: but no, she is trying to stay no matter what, which I think is proof enough that was her actual goal from the beginning, and just used this guy as a means to achieve it. 4) The "He made me eat American food" part is a joke, right?

If I were you I would block her straightaway, so that she stops harassing you. Do not get involved with her and by all means do not shelter her, or you could potentially be accused of helping an illegal immigrant stay in the USA, which obviously wouldn't be great for you.

You don't really know her, just through Facebook. There're a lot of liars out there. Just block her, take care of yourself, and focus on your own journey. Good luck! :)

Please, do yourself a HUGE favor and stop talking to this woman!

She is obviously a scammer: 1) It sounds like they didn't know each other that well, I mean, come on, she didn't even know his profession?!, still they got married. 2) She obviously is NOT in love with him if she dumps him because "he is just a plumber". 3) She just applied for K1 visa to get a way into USA: if you're actually in love and it doesn't work out with your new husband for whatever reason (which, by the way, IMO would take more than one week to know), you would just LEAVE the USA, because theoretically you only decided to move there FOR LOVE: but no, she is trying to stay no matter what, which I think is proof enough that was her actual goal from the beginning, and just used this guy as a means to achieve it. 4) The "He made me eat American food" part is a joke, right?

If I were you I would block her straightaway, so that she stops harassing you. Do not get involved with her and by all means do not shelter her, or you could potentially be accused of helping an illegal immigrant stay in the USA, which obviously wouldn't be great for you.

You don't really know her, just through Facebook. There're a lot of liars out there. Just block her, take care of yourself, and focus on your own journey. Good luck! :)

Agreed. OP, stop being curious about what happens to her, unless you're her.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

You don't need this kind of friend. Leave her alone to her mess.

If she genuinely loved him she'd stay with him even if he was unemployed (as I did when my husband was laid off). I would have been delighted with a plumber's wage when my husband was out of work. Even now in work he makes less than a plumber, I'm sure. Surely she knew he was a plumber before she came to the USA. It's hardly a shameful secret.

If she didn't like the food, she should tell him. Marriage is about communication, not mind-reading. Obviously she wasn't doing the cooking then? So she wasn't working (because K-1s can't work) and wasn't contributing to household chores either. Sounds like she had a pretty good life with him.

Sure he wanted "adult time" all night every night. That's what happens when you haven't seen each other for a long time. That would settle down. And surely she could sleep during the day while he's out plumbing since she wasn't working or cooking. What else was there to do all day while he's working?

Don't get involved with someone trying to break the law. It won't end well for you. If you found her on Facebook you can find other friends. She's not the last friend on earth so you don't need her "friendship".

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Sometimes i think my husband is right when he says being on VJ will make me angry and more worried. I wish there would be a job as "USCIS reporter" i would apply for it ASAP. She is the abuser and scammer one, i hope she will be deported soon,good luck for her husband for dealing with this little monster

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.