Tacos

Expedited tourist visa for spouse's family

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife's aunt and uncle, who raised her, applied for their tourist visa but the soonest appointment is in 2025. My wife and I recently found out that she's pregnant with our second kid, and I'm gone a lot for work, and she's alone half the month, she would at least like her aunt to come and help because. Are we able to get the appointment moved up and can I do anything for their application? It would be great if they can come sooner. The aunt is a teacher, the uncle is retired, they own their home. Any advice for them to get their tourist visa approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can't expedite a Tourist visa

There are Emergency appointments for emergencies

Best bet is for them to look for cancellations 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Plus, she's going to quit teaching to come babysit? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

This story sounded familiar. 

You've been trying to get your in laws I the US for a long time. Additionally, her bio mom and step-dad were attempting to enter the country illegally. Did they succeed? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Pregnancy is NOT an emergency. Any "help" from your aunt is considered work and that's a no-no on a tourist visa.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

You've been trying to get your in laws I the US for a long time. Additionally, her bio mom and step-dad were attempting to enter the country illegally. Did they succeed? 

It will also make things difficult bearing in mind the question on the DS 160

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Jeez.  

OP, time to stop trying to circumvent legal immigration for  your wife's family.  This is the very behavior that makes it difficult for legitimate travelers from her country.

That assumes it is answered truthfully.

First of all, I'm not trying to circumvent anything, our motives are legitimate, everything has been done truthfully. Secondly, you don't have the complete picture of the situation based upon two posts. I asked for advice on my situation, not opinions about our motives. A simple "no, it can't happen", or a "yes it can happen, but this is what's necessary to do..." would suffice. If it can't happen, so be it, we'll come up with an alternative plan. 

If nothing else, she will go down there before the due date, so she has some support, and we'll do a birth abroad through the embassy like we did with our first kid. 

I despise people who circumvent the system, I'm an immigrant myself, as is my wife. We both have been through the system, and it's been a long, expensive and complicated ordeal; we started this in 2019. My wife hasn't had an interview for her green card, even though we applied AOS nearly two years ago, while refugees and illegals are being given priority over others, so spare me with the accusations. 

5 hours ago, Cathi said:

Pregnancy is NOT an emergency. Any "help" from your aunt is considered work and that's a no-no on a tourist visa.

Thank you for the good response. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Timona said:

We have no idea where her mom is on her journey, we're not in communication with her, neither are the aunt and uncle, who don't don't get along with the mom either. 

28 minutes ago, Tacos said:

No, it would be for only 4-6 weeks. 

The good thing is that for such a short period, if they don't get their visas, it is possible to hire a nanny for support and assistance.  Is your employer providing you with some leave also?  Grand-parents can then grandparent later, when they are able to come.   

Timeline

Not sure if you have been for a B interview, I did in a previous life. Now that is a bit of a story.

Anyway from my personal observations and everything I have seen since that conforms them the interviews are short, 2 or 3 questions, not a place for nuance even if you get a longer interview so I guess what I am trying to say is that you do not get any more opportunity to describe the situation than in the first posts here.

They of course do not have past posts to go through but they do have a lot of other system that check for things.

Anyway none of this matters unless she can pick up a cancellation. Not sure what the odds are but assume low.

In your other thread I said her Mothers actions would not impact her immigration situation, certainly can impact another immediate family member when it comes to visiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 hours ago, Tacos said:

. Are we able to get the appointment moved up and can I do anything for their application?

No and no.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.