kashif01

Siblings applying for visit visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

Plz, help me as to why my sister who applied for visit visa to USA asked at the interview about how and when did my husband and I came.to usa. My husband came as a student married here n stayed whereas I came on a visit after marriage as i already had a visit visa and then we applied for AOS here in USA. My sister answered the same. 

My sister was denied visit after these questions. Was there something wrong with this??? Plz advise

Also are there any lawyers who can help with visit visa from uae so she is not denied again

Plz help 

~~ Topic moved to Tourist Visa forum as this is about a tourist visa ~~

Because they didn’t abide by the terms and conditions of their visas. The visas were granted to them because they had to show that they intend to return to their home country after the studies / visiting as a tourist which they did not do. They believe your sister will do the same and she probably did not have strong ties to her home country. 

13 minutes ago, kashif01 said:

Also are there any lawyers who can help with visit visa from uae so she is not denied again

No. Lawyers cannot do anything to guarantee an approval, especially for a non immigrant tourist visa 

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

My husband came as a student married here n stayed

1. Did your husband know his former spouse before he applied for his student visa? 

whereas I came on a visit after marriage as i already had a visit visa and then we applied for AOS here in USA.

2. Are your husband and you from the same country?

My sister answered the same. 

My sister was denied visit after these questions. Was there something wrong with this???

Seems so. 

There are lawyers will accept her money, but I have never heard of a lawyer having any effect in this situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, kashif01 said:

Hi,

Plz, help me as to why my sister who applied for visit visa to USA asked at the interview about how and when did my husband and I came.to usa. My husband came as a student married here n stayed whereas I came on a visit after marriage as i already had a visit visa and then we applied for AOS here in USA. My sister answered the same. 

My sister was denied visit after these questions. Was there something wrong with this??? Plz advise

Plz help 

If its just for a visit visa to visit you, then why do you make this sound so urgent and so important, and want to get a lawyer involved? You can just do a zoom call or something. Why do you sound so desperate and begging for help?

It is quite obvious why the embassy rightfully denied her the visa. The consular already knew the answer to the questions and was being nice to you by indirectly telling you why you are not eligible for a tourist visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, kashif01 said:

Basically the IO wasn't convinced your sister will return to her home country after visiting due to obvious reasons.

No lawyer is going to move the needle on this one. Your sister can always try again if circumstances change.

15 hours ago, kashif01 said:

Hi,

Plz help 

They saw the pattern of people who came in on non-immigrant visas and adjusted status in the US (both you and your husband did this), so they assumed that she will do the same (suddenly 'meet' a USC and get married)

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The phrase “immigrant intent” is used in the discussion of American visas and is an important concept in U.S. immigration law. If you are requesting a visa to visit the United States for short-term purposes, you need to understand that the U.S. government will always assume that you have an immigrant intent. If you want them to approve the visa, you’ll generally need to demonstrate that you do not have immigrant intent.

by

Your sister could not prove she would return to her home country as demonstrated by the way you and your husband used the system to bypass normal immigration 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 hours ago, kashif01 said:

The Consulate Officer saw an undesirable pattern in your family's visa history.   No attorney can help. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I contributed to your previous post when you said she had a visa and that your parents are immigrating. Have they moved?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Because you and your husband both violated the terms of your visas. It is reflected upon family will do the same. So they will not be issued a visa. An attorney cannot so anything but take your money. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

19 hours ago, kashif01 said:

No.  No one has a 'right' to a visit visa.  DOS did not err when they denied her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

I contributed to your previous post when you said she had a visa and that your parents are immigrating. Have they moved?

schools out now so u can travel so kids can meet them

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, Boiler said:

Hi no that is another sister who isn't married...yes they got the green card and already travelled once on it. 

The sister I am referring to is married and has a kid. She just wants to visit as we both have kids now and feel that we should meet often so kids know us our families

Well, you'll have to travel there I guess, as I don't see them getting visitor visas with your family history of adjusting status on nonimmigrant visas.

If you become a citizen, you can petition your sibling.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assem the OP is a USC, have you sponsored your Sister to immigrate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.