Rocio0010

Busting the myth that the N400 knocks the 751 lose

88 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It worked for me in San Diego. I applied for i751 in 01/2022, then heard nothing after biometrics.

I applied for N400 on March 1, then had my combo interview/naturalization on the same day May 10.

9 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I think Dallas is an example where the "N-400 hack" works....at least in some cases.

I concur the Dallas office has been on the ball insofar as the I-751s and N-400s (and knocking the I-751 loose). Not sure about other offices, but it does seem like especially the January 2023 N-400s and the January 2022 I-751s that it in fact did get the ball rolling. There are always exceptions though!

38 minutes ago, ADW & JOP said:

It worked for me in San Diego. I applied for i751 in 01/2022, then heard nothing after biometrics.

I applied for N400 on March 1, then had my combo interview/naturalization on the same day May 10.

As it did for me too!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

We has waited 40 months for the I-751, so my wife filed under the 5 year rule.  4 months later, both our I-751 and wife's N-400 were approved in a combo interview at the Dallas (Irving) office.  I received an email 2 days before her N-400 interview telling me it was a combo.  A month later, wife took the citizenship oath.  

We had a combo interview at that same office, only it was a combo interview without me the USC. Suited me just fine no complaints.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

35 minutes ago, Family said:

Please do not throw tomatoes at me …but if I was looking at a 500 /6 lbs I-751 and a 100 pg N-400..I would dodge my work ethics 😂 and pass it on /by.

On a serious note, OP keep venting, we are all cheering for you

First world problems :)

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's not a myth because nobody says it works a 100% all the time. In most FOs, It helps in most cases than not. And there are a few FOs it's already known it doesn't do anything. There will always be outliers and op situation seems to be one.

During the pandemic backlog I actually know someone who's I-130 was approved by USCIS in 32 days; I was shocked because I told them prepare to wait 15+ months. My pal was an outlier. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Please do not throw tomatoes at me …but if I was looking at a 500 /6 lbs I-751 and a 100 pg N-400..I would dodge my work ethics 😂 and pass it on /by.

On a serious note, OP keep venting, we are all cheering for you

Hahaha I totally get it… hindsight 20/20, but I shouldn’t have gone AAAAAALLL the way out. 

Thank you for cheering on me. But can we cheer on LIN, the NBC and the Columbus Field office? So that they get around to work on my case?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

I've been in contact with my senator's office about my case, and they recently contacted me asking if I had considered filing for citizenship. Apparently someone at USCIS actually recommended it to them as a way to get ROC resolved quicker.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Noname93 said:

I've been in contact with my senator's office about my case, and they recently contacted me asking if I had considered filing for citizenship. Apparently someone at USCIS actually recommended it to them as a way to get ROC resolved quicker.

I’d have asked them to explain to me their concept of “quicker”

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

i dont think they connect 751 with n-400 until n-400 reaches field office and the IO asks to pull the 751.. each field office is different.. its called government.. too big , too slow, too complex, no one cares

I agree that each field office is different.  In my husband's case, the Atlanta field office did not pull the pending I-751file (500 pages) when the N-400 interview was scheduled, he had to send a letter asking them to, and only because of the letter ended up getting a separate interview letter for I-751, same day/time as the N-400.  There have been similar cases where N-400 applicants, based on 3 years married to a USC with a pending I-751, show up for the N-400 interview expecting/hoping for a combo interview and the officer says the I-751 file is not there so the N-400 cannot be finalized, adding more time to the process.  Big government cannot even figure out how to link two pending cases with the same A number, it's crazy!

Edited by carmel34

2 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

I’d have asked them to explain to me their concept of “quicker”

It's a moot point for me since I can't get us citizenship without losing my current one. I'm more upset that I got a voice-mail saying, "we have found a way to possibly speed up your ROC" only for the senator's office to ask me if I'd considered filing for citizenship. Of course I have, this ain't my first rodeo with USCIS.

7 hours ago, Noname93 said:

To be fair, only a very small percentage of ROC applicants know about this "trick".  We just happen to be on VJ, so we know about it.

All I have to say is what a way to end your visa journey, when the I-751 and the N-400 come together like that, what a rush!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

All I have to say is what a way to end your visa journey, when the I-751 and the N-400 come together like that, what a rush!

Yeah unfortunately it hasn’t happened to me yet, so I haven’t been able to feel that “rush” 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.