MrandMrsKoroma22

Flight Block Due To Medical Condition

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, there are lots of similar threads here on VJ, about the chances of getting the in-person meeting requirement waived for a K-1.  I remember one such thread very vividly, shortly after joining this site almost five years ago when I was starting my own journey.  The US citizen had severe anxiety and could not fly.  You may glean a few tidbits of additional advice/opinions from it if you're interested.  I have never seen a K-1 meeting in-person waiver approved in five years of following this site almost every day.  I also attached a recent USCIS appeal decision from a real case where a petitioner appealed a K-1 denial, asking for a waiver of the in-person meeting requirement because of extreme hardship.  The appeal was denied because the petitioner did not submit enough convincing evidence/documentation.

JUN112021_03D6101.pdf

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

The uncle got his citizenship 20 ueaears ago so he could have easily brought his nephew over.  We are not interested in deceiving the government.  We will not get the uncle involve because we are simply trying to meet and further our relationship.  Embassies can't have rules for people and don't make provisions for them to follow the rules even if hardship occur.  

Uncle can not petition for him

And my comments are not just my opinion

i have quoted USCIS on sevetal of your issues

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/A1en.pdf

Which relatives may I petition for? A U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years or older may also petition for the following relatives: Parents; • Brothers or sisters. When you submit your petition, you are required to provide evidence to prove your relationship to the person for whom you are filing

you plan for him to meet u and family and marry (according to your posts ) and then apply for K1

u will be too married for a K 1   and K3  is oudated / its a CR1 spouse  visa u need if married AND many visits to see each other for visa 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

your man can apply (he needs to not u and u  should not pay the fee as CO will probably  ask "who paid the fee")

Some embassies have a long wait time for tourist visa interview but Sierra Leone is only 8 days

So  do it and pray for success

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Freetown

Nonimmigrant Visa Type Appointment Wait Time
Interview Required Students/Exchange Visitors (F, M, J) 23 Calendar Days
Interview Required Petition-Based Temporary Workers (H, L, O, P, Q) 8 Calendar Days
Interview Required Crew and Transit (C, D, C1/D) 8 Calendar Days
Interview Required Visitors (B1/B2) 8 Calendar Days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

A waiver for the K1 would involve showing that 1. He cannot travel to visit you supported with medical evidence why he can't travel to your country or evidence that he can't obtain a visa to your country.  2.You cannot travel to any other country. It would have to be supported with strong evidence such as medical records showing your condition and why you can't travel to any other country.

Only by showing both of the above would you even be considered for a waiver for the K-1. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

If I didn't have a medical condition and were able to travel..I would t have created this post.  The whole point is I am NOT able to fly because of a medical condition that requires specialized care at the moment.  It is not because we can't afford it nor I was denied a visa to his home country..it is simply because I am not able to fly at the moment.  It is not a self imposed restriction that I placed on myself.  I hope this is clear.

There was another poster about 2 years ago. He could not fly, and his gf was denied the B2 tourist visa.  His meeting waiver for the K1 was denied.

He got his gf an arrival tourist visa to one of the Caribbean countries - I think Dominican Republic?  He ended up driving over 20 hours to Florida and taking a cruise to get there for the in-person meeting.

10 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

There was another poster about 2 years ago. He could not fly, and his gf was denied the B2 tourist visa.  His meeting waiver for the K1 was denied.

He got his gf an arrival tourist visa to one of the Caribbean countries - I think Dominican Republic?  He ended up driving over 20 hours to Florida and taking a cruise to get there for the in-person meeting.

Is this the couple you are thinking about?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
4 minutes ago, devusr said:

Yes, we met in the Bahamas which only requires passports for most people. From USA side, there is 1 Ferry (Balearia ferry, takes about 4 hours) from Port Everglades in Florida.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
On 6/6/2023 at 8:34 AM, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

Thank you.

How did it go? 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.