MrandMrsKoroma22

Flight Block Due To Medical Condition

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you want to meet and you can not travel I do not see what other option there is other than to apply for a B2.

Waiver for a K1 is unbelievably rare.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

We will not get marry until we have a fiance visa.  As I stated in my post we are doing the right thing and since we have not met in person....the only option at this point is for HIM to come over since I CAN NOT FLY OVER THERE.  

We have explained in the letter the intent of the visit and we also stated we are not in any way want to do anything that is illegal.  I have included in the letter to the embassy my medical condition ans verificarion letters. 

He is from Africa /same as my husband/  his chances to get a tourist visa,  especially to see his gf ,  are slim to none

your letter hurts his chances

and u will need  to meet and spend quality time to get any K1 or CR1 visa

try the B1/B2 tourist and let us know if you are successful as what we all see is denials for most Aftricans to come to meet gf or fiancee here in the USA

good luck

and u can prove me wrong/  doesn't offend me 

just understand ,  its not what we have seen to be successful

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

He is from Africa /same as my husband/  his chances to get a tourist visa,  especially to see his gf ,  are slim to none

your letter hurts his chances

and u will need  to meet and spend quality time to get any K1 or CR1 visa

try the B1/B2 tourist and let us know if you are successful as what we all see is denials for most Aftricans to come to meet gf or fiancee here in the USA

good luck

and u can prove me wrong/  doesn't offend me 

just understand ,  its not what we have seen to be successful

Okay.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

The invitation letter was something the embassy requested.  I am not going to write something that is unnecessary.

So they are denying people because of a medical condition?  I am not terminally ill  and have a career.

M

From USCIS site   (The letter will hurt his chances /  i will say it over and over as it means he is coming to visit a GF and to embassy is a sign he intends to stay and AOS here )

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Timeline

Which other countries has he visited?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

He will still need a visa to come to Mexico.  He will be in the same position either way.

Hardly. Visas to  Mexico are easier to get

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

He will still need a visa to come to Mexico.  He will be in the same position either way.

Yes,  but its easier to get one than the B1/B2 for here

Timeline

OP has signed out of VJ

and sorry,  but OP , to get any US K1 or CR1 (there is no K3)  u will have to meet several times for Sierra Leona

i made 5 trips all over  a month

my gf made 15 and they were married 7 years and just got her IR1 visa

Africa is hard 

Edited by JeanneAdil

3 hours ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

The intent is to file for K1 once we are eligible to file.  We could have asked for a waiver but we want to show we have made efforts to meet to satisfy the criteria.  The question is how should we amplify that our relationship is geniune ans we are trying to do the right thung??????

You will not get a waiver, I wouldn’t even waste time asking.

3 hours ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

So we should just apply for the k1 visa and close our eyes with fingers crossed?

No.   You will not be approved without ever having met.

Also, the “Mr and Mrs” thing, if that’s what you’re calling each other, could lead them to think you’re already married, and ineligible.

I think you need to research the eligibility and requirements of the K-1 visa a bit more.

2 hours ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

The only reason my man would apply for the tourist visa would be to meet me in person since I can't lfly and there are no other way to get to his country to meet him.  He will have to come to me.

In denying your petition, USCIS will say that you could have met in a third country.   Don’t think this is their first rodeo.   Also it ours-  we see denials for this all the time.   

Timeline
1 minute ago, SalishSea said:

In denying your petition, USCIS will say that you could have met in a third country.   Don’t think this is their first rodeo.   Also it ours-  we see denials for this all the time.   

It I I can't fly ANYWHERE.  If I was able to fly I would have been in SL three times in the year we have been dating.  Thus the main reason we are applying for the tourist visa so we could meet multiple times and satisfy the k1 requirement.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

No.   You will not be approved without ever having met.

Also, the “Mr and Mrs” thing, if that’s what you’re calling each other, could lead them to think you’re already married, and ineligible.

I think you need to research the eligibility and requirements of the K-1 visa a bit more.

We did.  Thus the only options we have would be tourist visa or k1 visa with a waiver.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

It I I can't fly ANYWHERE.  If I was able to fly I would have been in SL three times in the year we have been dating.  Thus the main reason we are applying for the tourist visa so we could meet multiple times and satisfy the k1 requirement.

Then apply, travelling is obviously a two way option 

3 minutes ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

Like others have said, he can try to fly to Canada or Mexico.

Look, you asked for feedback, right?   You have VJ’s senior members commenting on your thread, which means years and years and years of experience with US immigration.   

Don’t like the feedback?   Feel free to ignore it and pursue  your path as you wish.   Please report back to us how you fare, and good luck.

1 minute ago, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

We did.  Thus the only options we have would be tourist visa or k1 visa with a waiver.

Cool.   Go for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.