MrandMrsKoroma22

Flight Block Due To Medical Condition

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I have been in a LDR with my man for almost a year and I felt comfortable meeting him in person and we planned to meet in a neutral country so we could test the chemistry and connection in fresh before moving into the marriage stage if all succeed.  

Well. .COVID impacted my health and I can't travel at the present time because of extreme hardship so we changed plans.  We want to visit the families and properly introduce our partner to the firing  squad so to speak before taking the M road.

We have been told tourist visas  are being giving out as much and I can't visit him at the moment  I wrote an invitation letter and explained my condition and gave a detailed itunerary of his visit. He is afraid they will deny him and think he is taking advantage of a sick woman. My condition got worse this year and we met virtually last year.  We don't want to apply for K1 visa because we did not meet on person yet although we are trying to meet several times but the medical condition is not easy to control and required specialized care that his country can't provide even if I was able to travel.

TThank you!

We have not filed anything but we do hope to file K1 in near future.

Edited by MrandMrsKoroma22

Timeline
19 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

So what is the question? Is it related to the K1 process or the tourist visa?

The intent is to file for K1 once we are eligible to file.  We could have asked for a waiver but we want to show we have made efforts to meet to satisfy the criteria.  The question is how should we amplify that our relationship is geniune ans we are trying to do the right thung??????

Just now, MrandMrsKoroma22 said:

The question is how should we amplify that our relationship is geniune ans we are trying to do the right thung??????

amplify where? On a tourist visa application?

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

amplify where? On a tourist visa application?

No.  We are applying for both visas  BUT we can't apply for the K1 visa because we have not met in person yet due to my inability to fly at the moment.  We were told that we should apply for the tourist visa to SHOW EFFORT to satisfy the criteria.  I am asking is it WORTHALL THE EXTRA WORK to show we are trying to do the right thing.  Pleaae tell me you understand my ask!

No.  We are applying for both visas  BUT we can't apply for the K1 visa because we have not met in person yet due to my inability to fly at the moment.  We were told that we should apply for the tourist visa to SHOW EFFORT to satisfy the criteria.  I am asking is it WORTHALL THE EXTRA WORK to show we are trying to do the right thing.  Pleaae tell me you understand my ask!

No, I do not think it’s worth the extra work.

Timeline
Just now, powerpuff said:

No, I do not think it’s worth the extra work.

So we should just apply for the k1 visa and close our eyes with fingers crossed?

So we should just apply for the k1 visa and close our eyes with fingers crossed?

My answer would be yes, however one other big factor is which country the beneficiary (your fiancé) will interview in for the K1. Some consulates are more difficult than others. 

If you tell us the country then I can provide a better answer 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

My answer would be yes, however one other big factor is which country the beneficiary (your fiancé) will interview in for the K1. Some consulates are more difficult than others. 

If you tell us the country then I can provide a better answer 

Sierra Leone West Africa.

My bad. I see that it is Sierra Leone. 

Personally, I would not bother with the tourist visa if the reason for applying for it is to show that your relationship is genuine. That just is not proof of that. 

I would focus on the actual meeting for the K1 filing. There are plenty of people who successfully petitioned after having met once. My usual advice is to meet several times but it is a hardship to you from what you have described so I think you should definitely provide proof of your medical condition during the process (especially for the interview stage).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

My bad. I see that it is Sierra Leone. 

Personally, I would not bother with the tourist visa if the reason for applying for it is to show that your relationship is genuine. That just is not proof of that. 

I would focus on the actual meeting for the K1 filing. There are plenty of people who successfully petitioned after having met once. My usual advice is to meet several times but it is a hardship to you from what you have described so I think you should definitely provide proof of your medical condition during the process (especially for the interview stage).

Thanks.  I have the doctor note framed!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You are not getting a K-1 visa without meeting at least once in the past 2 years.

So do you suggest filing tourist visa to established the in person criteria of the K1 visa?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Timona said:

What health impact is this? 

Additionally, your username will make any K-1 to be questioned, especially of you guys are already calling

COVID impacted my health and I am not able to travel at the moment. I hope that answered your question.

I highly doubt if we were to be denied ...it was because of a social media display name.

Edited by MrandMrsKoroma22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.