kruti97

Spouse visa , help needed!

17 posts in this topic

So I can really use some advice and help please

I got married in 2022 and have applied for my spouse in US, I'm a US citizen. The documents were sent to NVC recently but I don't want to be with him due to some personal issues. He lied about some things and found that out after we got married and there are other things. 

I can't cancel or ask embassy to withdraw my case because if I do that his family will find that out, I don't want him or his family to know that I dont want him here. Please suggest is there any way to let the nvc know the situation so they can just deny his visa? I belong from a typical Indian family and my situation is very complicated because they are more worried about the society than my life. I know I can't start my life with someone who told me so many lies. Please help!!!!

3 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Per the I-864 you submitted, if you quietly accept his immigration to try to hide your feelings from both families, then you will be 1) miserable and 2) financially liable for your husband and doubly miserable and 3) just...no.

Agree 

Edited by Anna S

52 minutes ago, kruti97 said:

I can't cancel or ask embassy to withdraw my case because if I do that his family will find that out, I don't want him or his family to know that I dont want him here. Please suggest is there any way to let the nvc know the situation so they can just deny his visa?

NVC has no authority to deny visa applications.  It's the consulate that has the authority.  If you withdraw your I-130 and I-864 as recommended here, the consulate will not proceed with visa processing at all.  They will not bother conducting the visa interview and denying the visa.  Your husband will find out eventually, if he asks NVC or the consulate.

But, if you don't withdraw your I-130 and I-864, it's very possible that your spouse will proceed with the interview and be granted the visa.  As mentioned above, you will be financially responsible for your spouse after he enters the US, whether you like it or not.  And divorce will not end your I-864 obligations.

1 hour ago, kruti97 said:

don't want him or his family to know that I dont want him here.

I have not heard of a quiet divorce ..and you will either go to India and get marriage annulled based on the lies he told or file for dissolution here in the US.

Sooner or later ..there will be noise.

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Do the lies have something to do with what you put on your application? If it does I suppose you could inform the embassy about this “anonymously” a couple days before the interview. I also read on quora or Reddit a story from a consular office  about a woman also in India who went to an interview and asked the consular office to deny her visa , it was an arranged marriage and she didn’t want to travel and also couldn’t tell her family for obvious reasons. She was the beneficiary though, I don’t know how it would work since you are the petitioner.

you could try to send an email to the embassy explaining what you explained here (but maybe give more detail) and explain why you can’t formally withdraw the petition. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

8 minutes ago, Kanja said:

you could try to send an email to the embassy explaining what you explained here (but maybe give more detail) and explain why you can’t formally withdraw the petition

You advice is diplomatic and culturally sensitive. 
I venture to guess , the family of the manipulative, lying cad is quite aware and helped him in the deception…and hopefully OP finds courage to go against norm and oust the shenanigans.

12 hours ago, Kanja said:

Do the lies have something to do with what you put on your application? If it does I suppose you could inform the embassy about this “anonymously” a couple days before the interview. I also read on quora or Reddit a story from a consular office  about a woman also in India who went to an interview and asked the consular office to deny her visa , it was an arranged marriage and she didn’t want to travel and also couldn’t tell her family for obvious reasons. She was the beneficiary though, I don’t know how it would work since you are the petitioner.

you could try to send an email to the embassy explaining what you explained here (but maybe give more detail) and explain why you can’t formally withdraw the petition. 

The lies are just basically about his education, his work and family so that will not effect his application. 

Do you know how can I contact the embassy anonymously? I couldn't find any email address for them can you please help me with that?

12 hours ago, Family said:

You advice is diplomatic and culturally sensitive. 
I venture to guess , the family of the manipulative, lying cad is quite aware and helped him in the deception…and hopefully OP finds courage to go against norm and oust the shenanigans.

His family knew he was lying they literally supported him with everything, I found out after I came back to US and asked him for his documents. I just hope he doesn't get here

Filed: Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kruti97 said:

The lies are just basically about his education, his work and family so that will not effect his application. 

Do you know how can I contact the embassy anonymously? I couldn't find any email address for them can you please help me with that?

If it will not impact his application , I think you will need more than an anonymous email. However I don’t think there is anyway to email anonymously except by creating an email address.

However in your case I think you really need to email them, tell them your situation and the cultural sensitivity of it all and hope they understand your situation. 

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-16

NVC Received : 2009-09-22

Consulate Received : 2009-09-28

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Try emailing these:

You may confidentially report visa fraud by email. Be as specific as possible. Please include the person’s name, date of birth, and passport number as well as your name and contact details. Email: mumbaif@state.gov.

Lost or stolen Passport With a U.S. Visa? If your passport is lost, stolen, or missing, immediately contact the U.S. Embassy or the Consulate General that issued your visa with details of a formal police complaint, passport, visa information, and your contact details. Email: mumbaif@state.gov.

Report Criminal Activity

To report criminal activity associated with U.S. visa or passport fraud, wanted U.S. fugitives, human trafficking, or document vendors, please email: mumbai_visa_fraud@state.gov.

Individuals providing tips to the consulate may remain anonymous. Should you wish to speak with a Special Agent regarding your tip, please provide your name and phone number.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

1 hour ago, kruti97 said:

His family knew he was lying they literally supported him with everything, I found out after I came back to US and asked him for his documents. I just hope he doesn't get here

He certainly has a PHD / BS ….( piled high & deep in bull ***) 

Edited by Family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.