Petersaad1

Pending I-130 - Pregnancy

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm in trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

48 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

So I reached out to Ask Emma to ask how I can submit an expedite request. The agent sent me the generic list of reasons you can expedite and asked me which one applies. I responded with the reason (literally one sentence) and was given a reference number and they said have a good day. What does this mean? Is my expedite request officially in?

IN yes, doesnt' mean it approved

u can check ur case ( assume u have older login account) by LOGIN and add on ur receipt number ( not ur expedite request ticket number ) if officer assign to ur case https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/logon.do it will show it there. 

i heard many people who never made account here, tried to make one, it goes back to my uscis account.

i turned out have older account so i can access egov site and can track my expedite request

Edited by Misscloud

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

she Emma created a case reference  # but so far  USCIS has not asked for proofs

and usually the case is the USC has hardship

u just married in January and applied in February

none of the backkground checks have been completed

to be honest , even if you got the case expedited,   its going to take time to go thru what USCIS has to do,  what is needed at NVC  the medical and interview in Egypt    and chances to get her to US before the last trimester are slim 

not saying it could  not happen but u are limited in time

and on your petiton,  if u listed mother and father as still alive ,   then u have to rely on family and her dr to care for her 

Difficult pregnancy?   and u believe a dr would say she could travel?

prepare to do the CBRA for your child 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

IN yes, doesnt' mean it approved

u can check ur case ( assume u have older login account) by LOGIN and add on ur receipt number ( not ur expedite request ticket number ) if officer assign to ur case https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/logon.do it will show it there. 

i heard many people who never made account here, tried to make one, it goes back to my uscis account.

i turned out have older account so i can access egov site and can track my expedite request

Yeah it’s just taking me back to my USCIS account

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Petersaad1 said:

So I reached out to Ask Emma to ask how I can submit an expedite request. The agent sent me the generic list of reasons you can expedite and asked me which one applies. I responded with the reason (literally one sentence) and was given a reference number and they said have a good day. What does this mean? Is my expedite request officially in?

If the agent accepted your request, then you will receive mail from USCIS requesting evidence for the expedite request.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

she Emma created a case reference  # but so far  USCIS has not asked for proofs

and usually the case is the USC has hardship

u just married in January and applied in February

none of the backkground checks have been completed

to be honest , even if you got the case expedited,   its going to take time to go thru what USCIS has to do,  what is needed at NVC  the medical and interview in Egypt    and chances to get her to US before the last trimester are slim 

not saying it could  not happen but u are limited in time

and on your petiton,  if u listed mother and father as still alive ,   then u have to rely on family and her dr to care for her 

Difficult pregnancy?   and u believe a dr would say she could travel?

prepare to do the CBRA for your child 

Some good information is in this answer, but its author does not understand how USCIS adjudicates petitions.  It does not "take some time" unless you think 20 minutes counts.  An actual human spends an average of 20 minutes "processing" an I-130 for spouse.  The rest of the "processing time" is "waiting your turn".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My wife is pregnant and odds that her I-130 case will be approved before birth are slim. Healthcare in her area is extremely poor. Is it possible they'll consider granting her a B2 visa to give birth here?

most likely no. and let say hypothetical, even if she can get tourist visa ( which i dont think she will get it ) u have to think about how far is her pregnancy by the time she got the visa. airline probably wont let her fly if she's over 6-7 months pregnant. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am going to assume you have the financial side covered. 

Maybe depending on the nature of the situation a B2 Medical.

I am not sure what you mean by in her area, perhaps look for better facilities in major cities?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Many kids get born in Egypt. Even Moses was. She'll be fine 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/24/2023 at 8:09 AM, Petersaad1 said:

My wife is pregnant and odds that her I-130 case will be approved before birth are slim. Healthcare in her area is extremely poor. Is it possible they'll consider granting her a B2 visa to give birth here?

No, not very possible but you can certainly try. 

I can’t imagine the health system bad in ALL of Egypt…

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

On 4/24/2023 at 8:09 AM, Petersaad1 said:

Cairo has a B1/B2 visa wait time of about 99 days… you might secure the interview before that or after that... https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Not sure if your wife will be cleared to fly IF she obtains the visa.

I would focus energy on finding a suitable hospital in Egypt and collecting documents so your newborn can get their CRBA. Then maybe discuss whether you want to delay the move. All mothers are different but she might decide she wants to remain in Egypt with her family for the first few years of the baby’s life. 

*** Moderator action: Three threads of the same topic merged. Please do not create more than one thread per topic. 

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.