RedaAd

K1 Interview, is it okay to take my American fiance with me ?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

Hope you are all doing okay.

Here is the situation: My fiance an American lady, we have been able to meet one time last year and we applied for K1 and since we are afraid that we didn't front load the i129f application with enough proof it might get rejected, so we are planning that she will come to Morocco again this summer to meet and be together for 2 weeks and have a traditional morocco ceremony, because the Moroccan embassy familiar that it is important for us to do that and it is not regarded as actual marriage, and we plan to go to turkey later on this year, so we will have plenty of evidence to provide later on too.

My question is, is it possible to take my fiance with me to the Casablanca embassy, because we really love each other and we don't want this to be rejected and we cannot do the IR1 visa because of some personal reasons, so maybe her being there with me it would help to show the agent that we really care for each other and establish that it is a bonavida relationship, and at least it would make them check the new evidence we have, since I know the casablanca embassy sometimes they don't care to check for evidence and might reject you.

We applied using RapidVisa, so we are sure that all documents were organized and handled properly before submission.

Any advice to make this a smooth process,  we would appreciate it.

Thank you.

US citizen petitioners are usually not allowed to walk in the consulate from what I’ve been reading. You should email the consulate in advance and ask if she can accompany you to the interview.

6 minutes ago, RedaAd said:

we don't want this to be rejected and we cannot do the IR1 visa because of some personal reasons

So if you are denied, you will not go the CR1 spousal visa route? Then what is the plan in that case? 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

US citizen petitioners are usually not allowed to walk in the consulate from what I’ve been reading. You should email the consulate in advance and ask if she can accompany you to the interview.

So if you are denied, you will not go the CR1 spousal visa route? Then what is the plan in that case? 

... Its done I guess, since we cannot try again with and waste another 16 months of waiting for the process again... it would be wise to do the CR1 now, but we cannot, my fiance rarely have off time to do Moroccan marriage process, and online marriage utah proxy marriage might look like scam and we don't want to risk that... duo to her personal reasons I can't mention here, its really hard for her to do the CR1 process as it is hard complicated and it asks a lot from one person and she works 12 hours a day, and can get vacation only after june... so we really don't have a choice except try to do the K1... to avoid CR1 from ruining our relationship because of the sick process and the time it takes and we can't do it the traditional way as it is another pain and utah one seems risky... so we stick with K1 for her mental health and our relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps you can visit her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sammy_2496 said:

Hmm it is unfortunate that a K1 denial would end the relationship. No immigration progress is easy and when a K1 is granted… you still have adjustment of status, which is long and expensive. Can you not visit her?

6 hours ago, Boiler said:

Perhaps you can visit her?

There is no way.... U.S embassy will grant me a tourist Visa since I'm from Casablanca that easily, I already tried two times past two years and got denied altought I have been working for two years and have enough money in my bank account etc...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, RedaAd said:

My fiance an American lady, we have been able to meet one time last year and we applied for K1

Many K-1s are denied in Casablanca, with only one visit, most likely brief, your chances of success are very small.  Do not have a religious "marriage" ceremony, as that would increase the likelihood of a K-1 denial.  Marriage and a CR-1, with more time spent together, in person, is the only realistic path forward.  Utah Zoom marriage has worked very well for others, combined with multiple in-person visits, USCIS has approved many of these cases.  How much older is the American lady?  Good luck.

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
35 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Many K-1s are denied in Casablanca, with only one visit, most likely brief, your chances of success are very small.  Do not have a religious "marriage" ceremony, as that would increase the likelihood of a K-1 denial.  Marriage and a CR-1, with more time spent together, in person, is the only realistic path forward.  Utah Zoom marriage has worked very well for others, combined with multiple in-person visits, USCIS has approved many of these cases.  How much older is the American lady?  Good luck.

She is 35 now and I am 26... We plan to gather more proof and get her to be with me at the time of interview and she can give me her passport to take inside to let them know that she is also outside with me currently waiting on results too..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

That makes no sense at all.  There must be something else

13 hours ago, RedaAd said:

to avoid CR1 from ruining our relationship because of the sick process and the time it takes and we can't do it the traditional way as it is another pain and utah one seems risky... so we stick with K1 for her mental health and our relationship.

That doesn't make much sense.  There is a real possibility the K-1 will be denied.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca does not allow couple interviews: only the applicant will be allowed to enter the consulate for interview.

K1 visa process actually includes marriage (if K1 visa is issued) once the applicant enters the US, and then AoS.

I believe that OP is worried about the length of CR1 process and did not explain that clearly, so they decided to go the K1 route (presumably faster), and being together with their fiancée (future spouse) while going through AoS

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems the OP is also concerned about protecting his assets and was looking at a Pre Nup which maybe explains the K1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

she will not be allowed into the US embassy

do not do any type of family celebration in Morocco even if u don't register it in Rabat especially if IMAM is present as he has to report to Rabat

chances of K1 being denied are high with only 1 2 week meeting

If u have to marry,  she could use this year's 2 weeks to do all the paperwork and visits to Casa embassy for her paper of eligibility,  to Rabat to foreign minister, and back home to meet with police and judge.   then she could return the next year for the actual signing of the marriage papers/    Yes,  this will take time-years but that is probably what will have to happen if the 2 of u haven't spent much time together.   took us 6 years to get a visa with 5 trips from a month to 3 months.

what red flags do u have?

Age difference?

education difference?

religious difference?

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Seems the OP is also concerned about protecting his assets and was looking at a Pre Nup which maybe explains the K1

Probably no assets -he is Moroccan

they are concerned with the long time to go thru the steps to marry in Moroc/ took us 6 weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.